What games would you like to see remastered?
  • Also, add Gradius V to my remaster wishlist.
  • Other stuff ready for a reboot:
    Metroid
    Starfox
    F-zero

Not holding my breath for Konami IP. They seem to be a Yakuza owned front now; all about gambling with no love for their history and gaming IP.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    8-bit stuff is good fodder because of how much the tech limited the originals.

Early 3D is in a similar boat, although on some level it’s almost worth holding off on remastering those for another gen or two until 3D graphics reach about as close to realism as they’re ever likely to.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Also, add Gradius V to my remaster wishlist.

Would look and play fine on PS2 without a remaster, I would’ve thought? I might hook it up in new house if I can set up the CRT.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tech limiting originals is sometimes why games end up that way though. Their quality is a product of the limitations.

You can see what happens when people jazz up old games and it loses feelings that people liked.

Like I’m pretty sure there are some shmups which rely on slowdown as part of the gameplay.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some N64 games that would benefit

Pilotwings (original and 64)
    F-Zero X
    Tetrisphere
    Excitebike 64
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Waverace
    Wetrix
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    it’s almost worth holding off on remastering those for another gen or two until 3D graphics reach about as close to realism as they’re ever likely to.

That's what I thought about the SF2 fire effect!
  • Fuck yeah Pilotwings 64 pls.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Also, add Gradius V to my remaster wishlist.
    Would look and play fine on PS2 without a remaster, I would’ve thought? I might hook it up in new house if I can set up the CRT.

Gradius V looks splendid to my old eyes.
  • Maybe SNES Mario Kart for a remaster. But if you can't get the handling exactly the same but with smoother framerate....and should it go 3d for the graphics (in terms of characters and track furniture, tracks themselves would have to remain flat)? I'd be curious if you could pull off the original MK track layout and handling/AI/weapons but with MK8 graphics (and 4 player and online MP).
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    R-Type Final would probably benefit a bit - just to give the wheezy levels less slowdown.

All hand drawn 2D shmups should be left as is.  IF extra heft makes for some more accuracy to the arcade original than do that - but I doubt that is all to do with heft.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Maybe SNES Mario Kart for a remaster. But if you can't get the handling exactly the same but with smoother framerate....and should it go 3d for the graphics (in terms of characters and track furniture, tracks themselves would have to remain flat)? I'd be curious if you could pull off the original MK track layout and handling/AI/weapons but with MK8 graphics (and 4 player and online MP).

MK Wii gave us a glimpse of that - some of the old SNES levels were there. It was pleasing playing in MP - but - as you say - handling and all that.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    THPS 3+4 That dream died last month.
    Why?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Maybe SNES Mario Kart for a remaster. But if you can't get the handling exactly the same but with smoother framerate....and should it go 3d for the graphics (in terms of characters and track furniture, tracks themselves would have to remain flat)? I'd be curious if you could pull off the original MK track layout and handling/AI/weapons but with MK8 graphics (and 4 player and online MP).

Dont tease me. It would have to have the original weapons. No blue shells, no bullet. Deffo handling would be key.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Fuck yeah Pilotwings 64 pls.

Why did Nintendo let this franchise slumber for so long?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Maybe SNES Mario Kart for a remaster. But if you can't get the handling exactly the same but with smoother framerate....and should it go 3d for the graphics (in terms of characters and track furniture, tracks themselves would have to remain flat)? I'd be curious if you could pull off the original MK track layout and handling/AI/weapons but with MK8 graphics (and 4 player and online MP).
    Dont tease me. It would have to have the original weapons. No blue shells, no bullet. Deffo handling would be key.

Later MK games allow powerup tinkering in  the options. MK DD had it , so did MK Wii.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:

I have no idea. Must be just sales. Probably the same with F-Zero.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Why?

Vicarious Visions were folded into Blizzard.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A bright and sparkly remake of Sin and Punishment + Mischief Makers would go down well....instead of yet another Ikaruga update.
  • Remakes of the Soul Reaver games. They were stunning back in the day. I think their ambition far outstripped the console power available. Id probably rather a new entry in the series though.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I have no idea. Must be just sales. Probably the same with F-Zero.

I heard Shiggs said he can't think of anything else to do with Fzero. Bollocks, I say.
  • I honestly can't see Fzero not being a massive hit for the switch or Switch 2 (whatever it will be called). Can be a new game doesnt have to be a remaster. There are no games like it around that i can think of (futuristic racers). The GC version was terrific.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Why?
    Vicarious Visions were folded into Blizzard.

Yeah this. They are probably tasked with making lootcrate animations now.
  • Off the top of my head:

Garou Mark of the Wolves- Hand drawn like KOF 12/13 please but dont change any of the engine.

Outrun 2006 C2C - Obviously

Powerstone- As Gav said

Scud Racer- Still no home port

Virtua Striker- Not enough Arcade footy around anymore.

I know I'm on my own here but a remaster of Eternal Champions would be glorious. This time Arc systems cell shaded characters, more than two animation frames please but keep the music as is.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Street fighter alpha with arc systems cell shading and teams is a thing I feel needs to happen.

I'd agree on outrun 2006 - just realised it on ps5 and series s/x for gods sake.

Gradus v would be similar - it doesn't need any tarting up (if I remember right, one or two bits with slowdown kind of helped)
    SFV - reddave360
  • My dream remake would be Farcry 2. rework the AI and throw in a bunch of wildlife and I'd be day 1.
  • Eric wrote:
    Off the top of my head:

Garou Mark of the Wolves- Hand drawn like KOF 12/13 please but dont change any of the engine.

Outrun 2006 C2C - Obviously

Powerstone- As Gav said

Scud Racer- Still no home port

Virtua Striker- Not enough Arcade footy around anymore.

I know I'm on my own here but a remaster of Eternal Champions would be glorious. This time Arc systems cell shaded characters, more than two animation frames please but keep the music as is.

Scud Racer! Loved that in the arcades. Didnt realise it never got a home port. Is that playable on MANE if you can find the rom?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    SCUD racer probably needs the model 3 emulator to run.

The model 2 emu runs the likes of original Sega Rally very nicely. Not sure how the model 3 is performing though.
  • The only reason I didn't list Outrun is because it simply hurts too much to think about it. Fucking licences pish.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!