The 3DS Thread
  • it is that game. It's a decent rhythm game.
  • One button, is it?

Since it's open in another tab, here's the link for anyone that wants it:
    https://my.nintendo.com/news/441d318c0da95cac

Current games all look fairly decent, if they're your kind of thing:
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (50 Gold Points)
    Noitu Love: Devolution (90 Gold Points)
    Severed (150 Gold Points)
    Radiohammer (55 Gold Points)
  • it's  three (at least on level 1) because you have to manage the beat accross two lanes and sometimes get a bonus behind you.
  • Guess you can't go wrong for 70p. I'll grab it tomorrow, if I remember.

Thanks for the heads up about the promo, I'll be keeping an eye on that in the future.
  • Luigi's Mansion up for pre-order at the Nintendo be Store. Standard version, or for an extra £5.00 you can have a Luigi cap or Boo light.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I hovered between the game on its own and the lamp bundle last night, ended up not going either way. I can see me crumbling at some point though. I adore Luigi’s Mansion. I can probably do without the lamp.
    Get schwifty.
  • If it's the same lamps they usually give away, they're meant to be pretty shit.
  • AJ wrote:
    If it's the same lamps they usually give away, they're meant to be pretty shit.
    Thanks for shedding some light on their quality.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Boo.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Re: bravely.

I find a fair amount of this game really really tedious. In order to build up fight experience to charge specials for a boss fight I find myself beedling around for mobs. Even with max encounter, auto fight and low level dudes I’m spending ages to get prepped for the boss fight.

It’s annoying because I just want to move on with the story but this bit is just kind of dangling before the story and is taking way longer than it needs to be.

And the random streak breaking for the job points bonus can do one.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    At some point (think in chapter 5) I just went for it and grinded all characters to max level and all jobs to max. Put on a Twitch stream and it isn't too bad. Search for "grind in chapter 5" and there are some setups that make it fairly painless.

Chapters after that have been easy enough, and I could focus on the crazy ride the story provides. No need for small mob fights anymore, just do whatever is actually marked on the map. Still need to finish it though, don't get that much time now my mom's here.

And sorry about the spoilers earlier, I thought I only mentioned stuff that was outside spoiler tags in the BD thread, but I guess that doesn't get that many readers.
  • Ah it’s fine. It’s kind of fun actually to kind of see how the character shows enthusiasm.

I’ve been playing chapter five, mostly in a clearing blue dots but I’m avoiding fighting mobs.
  • I was just doing some cleaning up in the room today. Decided to put old handhelds in the loft. I was so surprised to find that despite not switching it on in years, my DS Lite has power! Showed as full battery but not sure how reliable that is. One of my 3DSes has power too and not used it in years.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Heh, I was doing the same recently and found my DS Lite still charged and working a charm. Phenomenal system.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's nuts how old this stuff is now. DS Lite is over 10 years old! I remember when it was all shiny and new...
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • and no regional lock... that's the main reason why I haven't bought a 3ds.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Region locking on the 3DS was a curious move.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So some bravely chat here:

I got to one of the last bosses
    Spoiler:
    and I died. And then I thought: fuck this shit you’re conning me with your mechanisms. I built a character and system that builds power over time and you plonk me back to square one when you feel like? Boo to the hiss. Is my only recourse now to cheat by w stealing a strategy that regularly 9999s a baddie? How am I supposed to know where this strategy is (you know there must be one because the game goes: hey are you regularly hitting 9999 damage? [answer no] THEN TRY this for more!!)

There’s a fair bit to be said about bravely/default’s battle mechanic and its relationship to future time but in the envelope of how the game just eats and eats and eats at your time with the same shit over and over again. The clever yak reading of this is that it feels like they had a
    Spoiler:

There are some nice twists though re: friends (although it’s an illusion that is easy to see through- maybe if the game was shorter and had some kind of procedural engine for each game).

And so I checked out, perhaps as it was going to get interesting, but the game really cashed in a lot of its patience points. Look if you’re gonna plonk a whole bunch of tedium in dont fucking book end that shit with a wall eh?

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh dear

It's not a 100h game though. And you're right at the end. And you can just scrub some stuff to do the bosses easy peasy.
  • Yeah the thing is...
    Spoiler:

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Aha yeah lol I got kinda stuck there. You can grind below decks. But it's not a great spot.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So I'm back on Bravely's Bullshit, still enjoying it but taking chapter 8 slowly as it can be pretty exhausting. Fights so far have been close enough that I can't just go auto mode and watch Twitch.

One thing I'm scared about (guess second half of chapter 8 questions, I've cleared 3 blue dots and 2 yellow dots on the map so far)
    Spoiler:

And another thing, I went through the BD thread for chapter 8 setups, and there was some talk about an optional
    Spoiler:
    Worth looking into that if I get to that point?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think I started skipping some shit at that point
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Part of me feels like that, other part of me can't put the game down.

Did a blue and yellow dot this morning, thinking I'd do the other one tomorrow, but I was back on it tonight.

Had trouble with the
    Spoiler:
    but just looked up an interesting sounding team on gamefaqs and went with that. Was a pretty awesome team and some combo's I didn't think of myself. Best one was a Ninja - Pirate. Use the free lunch from the Ninja to do that Amped Strike twice in a row (costs 248mp without free lunch). That was fun. Guess I'm gonna look up a new team for the next battle, just to see what other stuff people have thought of that I'm just not smart enough for to figure out on my own (and honestly, I don't want to spend the time doing that).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok, everything cleared, on my way to the end game I think. I don't know why I'm still playing a game that's actually calling me a fool for doing so, but here I am. Just doing whatever the game tells me to.

I'm even gonna peak into the (end of chapter 8 spoilers)
    Spoiler:

I've just been following a guide for the last part. It's relatively spoiler free, will of course mention the bosses but I knew them already. It's mainly tips for team set ups, I've cheesed through a big part of chapter 8. The mechanics are really good, just reading about strategies other people have used shows you quite a few ways of beating certain enemies. That's pretty ace.

3DS is on charge, hopefully have it finished some time tomorrow. It's been a great ride and there's so much going on, but I must admit I'm glad when it's over.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ninja-Pirate was I think my go-to
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Dammit, people. Who was it who originally mentioned that you can get Luigi's Mansion via Nintendo.co.uk, and it comes with a hat* or lamp? Cos now I've ventured into the rest of the website, and you get all sorts of collectibles tat with games if bought directly from Nintendo. I especially want Captain Toad for Switch or 3DS as you get super cool** Toad and Toadette badges. WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS DONE TO ME AND MY WALLET.

*Which I thought was about three inches across, but no, it's an actual adult size hat. I COULD WEAR IT WHEN I GO FOR A RUN.

**Once again proving cool is relative and that I probably need to get out more.
  • I'm gonna guess reg or elf
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FUCK THOSE GUYS

<3
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Careful now, Swirly. It’s a slippery slope.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!