The 3DS Thread
  • Moot being Moot, as usual. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • In moving flat I've only taken the Wii and WiiU as the boy can keep the new ones. Anyway I've just realised I've got Shovel Knight Treasure Trove to get through. I can't remember buying the upgraded pack. Yay.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I think it was free wasn't it?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • If you bought before a certain date it became Treasure Trove automatically iirc (same deal with physical copies on PS4 etc).
  • Shortlist:
    Animal Crossing
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club
    Metroid Samus Returns
    Bravely Default
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Steamworld Heist
    Super Mario 3D Land
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Raiziel wrote:
    What on earth is Pocket Card Jockey? It’s on two lists up there and I’ve never even heard of it.

Gamefreak game right? where you bet on racehorses like those arcade games or something?

It’s basically solitaire but with horse racing. It’s ridiculous. Great game though.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a horse racing solitaire game by gamefreak with insanely cute visuals and music and then there's a weird stats system as you upgrade and breed horses.
  • OK... I might download that now when I get home.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's mega compulsive. The Ost Is on my list for Tokyo in a few weeks time
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If it were me I'd include DQVII if I wanted. It's a distinct piece of software from the original and still 3DS exclusive in Europe.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pocket Card Jockey is download only right? I might want it a lot now.

Lists:
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Bravely Default
    Pokemon X
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Pocket Card is indeed download only. It's so worth it.
  • Nina wrote:
    Pocket Card Jockey is download only right? I might want it a lot now.

Lists:
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
    Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Bravely Default
    Pokemon X
    Fire Emblem: Awakening

Non-identical list twin!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's pretty close! I can't comment on Persona Q though (which is only €19,99 on the eShop, is it around that for physical too?).
    A Link Between Worlds was a close one for the list too. Same for Luigi and Kid Icarus.

Pocket Card Jockey is only €6,99. Gonna check if there's still some euros linked to my account.
  • 1) Fire Emblem Awakening
    2) Mario Kart 7
    3) Animal Crossing
    4) Super Mario 3d land
    5) Luigis Mansion 2
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Mario makes should be in that list but I didn’t buy it because I’ve got it on wiiu
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Tough to pick five, let alone put them in order:

1) Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
    2) Xenoblade Chronicles
    3) Mario Glof
    4) Fantasy Life
    5) Animal Crossing
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I love you, Birdorf. I hope you know that.
    Get schwifty.
  • Just when I thought I was out, Birdorf pulls me back in. Valentina ordered, 3DS not finished.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've got Valentia but never started. I need to play through Persona Q 2 and that.
  • I don't think Three Houses is for me unfortunately, but I still need my FE fix.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Here are mine, based on a mix of play time and preference:

1) Pokemon X - I've always loved Pokemon but this is the one where it all came together for me, despite it being one a lot people didn't particularly like. This is the one where I finally caught 'em all, including the mythical event-only Pokemon as they were all redistributed for the 20th anniversary, and after two decades and almost 200 hours of play finally became a Diploma-holding Pokemon Master.

2) Ever Oasis - I loved this, developing a crack-like addiction to it and devouring it really quickly. The gameplay loop is incredibly satisfying - there is something about helping a little virtual person to realise their dreams of running a successful store that really clicks. For an RPG it's not even really plot-heavy yet still works - it just comes together really well as a lovely little package.

3) Super Mario 3D Land - I liked this more than 3D World! This ended up being one of my favourite 3D Mario games of all time - I just remember it being particularly fun and polished.

4) Pullblox - I've never been a big UGC person, but this really clicked for me. I essentially became the world's leading Final Fantasy Pullblox creator, creating puzzles for all the main characters from the NES and SNES games and the main characters of the games that came after. It was fun to make the colours look accurate with the very limited palette and ensure the puzzles were all playable. The campaign that came with the game was also really good fun.

5) Picross 3D: Round 2 - This is such a fantastic puzzle package. The core gameplay is really good but it's the presentation and sheer amount of content that takes it to the next level. Presenting the game as a kind of relaxing puzzle cafe really works and it has JRPG-tier play time - and never seems to get old.

Honourable mention goes to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, which I sort of feel has been robbed a bit by not reaching the top 5, but it's a strongly narrative-based game that I never finished so I kinda felt more comfortable including other things.

If I had to give a raspberry it would go to Tales of the Abyss, which is the worst game I have put 40+ hours into. Really mediocre with a terrible protagonist who - spoiler alert - basically commits two 9/11s in the course of the game. Two!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I was going to put Picross 3D Round 2 at number 5, but felt I should put Animal Crossing due to playing it for 180 hours.

Looking forward to Tales of the Abyss, it’s on my pile.

21de9p5.jpg

EDIT: this is why I'm not a photographer
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've got Miitopia and Hey Pikmin to also crack into
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    My list:

1. Fantasy Life (almost 637 hours)❤️
    2. Rune Factory 4 (381 hours)
    3. Bravely Default (love/hate relationship with this one, but 136 hours says I must’ve loved quite a bit more than I hated it)
    4. Etrian Odyssey Untold (103 hours)
    5. Persona Q (93 hours)

Honourable mention: Monster Hunter Stories

It’s seems weird to me that Dragon Quest VII isn’t on that list because I ruddy love Dragon Quest.  I’ve tried a couple of times and just cannot get into it for some reason.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    That's a great collection of sealed games to crack into (I also have many of those still sealed, haha!).
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Can I play? So far unwrapped...

q8oOQDV.jpg

aTlYHf6.jpg
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!