regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Forgot, 2 years ago my parents and me went to a Lewis Carroll exhibition at the Kirkcudbright gallery. In there was Timmy Mallett, selling his paintings. Apparently he has family in the area and likes painting it.

Anyway, my bemused Dad bought an original Timmy Mallett that is now up in their new house.

He was still dressed as if it was 1990 btw.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Who's shagged one then? I want the real content.

My best friend's wife had a threesome with Russell Brand when she was single.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Forgot, 2 years ago my parents and me went to a Lewis Carroll exhibition at the Kirkcudbright gallery. In there was Timmy Mallett, selling his paintings. Apparently he has family in the area and likes painting it. Anyway, my bemused Dad bought an original Timmy Mallett that is now up in their new house. He was still dressed as if it was 1990 btw.
    Thread winner.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Brooks wrote:

I'm sure someone shagged Lauren Laverne. Tin?
  • Do Muslim Terrorists on top of world most wanted lists count?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • And no, I haven’t shagged any of them.
  • Yeah but we all know Gonzo.
  • Most of mine involve being in a pub.

Had a run in with Paul Heaton of Housemartins/Beautiful South fame in a pub in Leeds.  He cut to the front of the queue and I pulled him up for it.  He dropped a "do you know who I am?" at me and I told him "yes, you're the guy trying to get ahead of me in the queue".  I had no idea who he was until I got back to the table with the round and all my mates let me know.

Had an hour long conversation with a bloke in a pub in Oz who eventually told me he was an actor.  I asked him what his last production was and he said "Star Wars".  Joel Edgerton.

Hung out with Paul McGann in a pub for a while but at least I knew who he was.  The wife had a massive case of stage fright because it was Dr Who.  Stood his round like a top bloke though.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Forgot, 2 years ago my parents and me went to a Lewis Carroll exhibition at the Kirkcudbright gallery. In there was Timmy Mallett, selling his paintings. Apparently he has family in the area and likes painting it. Anyway, my bemused Dad bought an original Timmy Mallett that is now up in their new house. He was still dressed as if it was 1990 btw.
    That's awesome. Can we see this painting please?
  • I used to live next to Tony Hadley's aunt, if that counts.

Saw plenty of celebs after work when I used to work in Soho, out drinking. Rita Ora, Richard Ayoade, Huey, Stewart Lee I think. Plenty more. Gutted I missed Danny DeVito though who was out drinking once, and also missed Ron Perlman propping the bar up at The Ship wardour st, bought everyone a round apparently.

Spoke to the Queen once.

Sat on the next table to Spike Lee having lunch in Picadilly.

Seen a bunch of celebs at LFF things obvs. Ethan Hawke was at the Blaze Foley premier and hung around briefly at the bar after.

Got a fistbump from Craig Charles once, and Roger Troutman's brother. Not on the same night.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not me but my dad danced with Princess Anne at some military event way back in the 60/70s. Still claims he coulda got stuck in if he wanted.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My dad used to allege he was on concord once and saw princess diana getting changed from her "flight" dress to her "landing" dress through a poorly-curtained bit of the plane.  Unclear how accurate this is.  

He also basically told Mandelson he had to resign, which sounded fun.

As for me, not so much.  Was in a footy team with comedian Mark Watson at uni (and made him laugh at least once with my witty bantz).  Got on the same bus as Martin Keown.  Was in the same club as Gavin (of Stacy fame).  And bumped into Isla Fisher in a park once, as our kids played together.

And not exactly a celebrity, but top lols when a school mate was all over the papers having got taken hostage in Iraq.
  • I had an afternoon in the company of Jordan and Peter Andre in gridlock traffic on Regent St one summers day. They were stuck directly adjacent to me in my truck. They were in her Porche Cayenne. Turns out Pete is actually a good cunt, and she is exactly as you would think she would be in real life - but much tinier. She's surprisingly little.
  • Brooks wrote:

My old flatmate pulled Pop Idol winner Michelle McManus in The Cathouse and went back to a gaff and fingered her. Does that count?

Apologies to those having lunch.
  • Shook hands with Miyamoto, got a pic, got a game signed. Does that count?
  • No, because you didn't finger him.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He didn’t say what he got a pic of, TBF.
  • Brooks wrote:
    No, because you didn't finger him.

Right, I'll get on that.
  • I was working on stuff for a theatre event at the Edinburgh Fringe in … must have been 1999? It had a cast of dancers from all over India and Africa, and the organisers rented a big empty townhouse for them all to stay in over the month or two. This one dancer, incredibly tall bloke from Tanzania, was a bit of a drinker. He rolled in steaming early hours one morning and told everyone he’d got lucky. Spent all night taking speed and shagging a ‘really sexy Aussie girl’. He went on to describe her as ‘the filthiest shag ever’ and went into detail about the anal sex. The other dancers, gossip queens to a man, forensically questioned him until they got more info – that he didn’t get her name but she was in town playing Lady Macbeth in the open-air performances in Princes St Gardens.

Which meant it was Danni Minogue.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Got into the lift with a mate on the top floor of the Europa Hotel - absolutely hammered in Belfast (there was a party on the top floor and I have no memory of what I was doing there) heading for the Ground Floor when the lift stopped and the Communards got in. Was one of those surreal moments - we just stared at them and nodded and when we got out my mate and I checked with each other that it had actually happened.

Served drinks to Colin Jackson (OJ) and Harry Sandon (pottery expert on Antiques Roadshow from way back) He was drinking whiskey.

Had drinks with Rory McIlroy a few times (I know the family quite well) We had to put a wall of steel around him in a pub in Belfast the last time he thought he could go out and not attract a crowd of women.

Was guest at the Crucible theatre for the Snooker courtesy of Dennis Taylor (my mate is a friend) - speaking with John Parrot, John Virgo and Ken Doherty in the players' lounge. All Gents of the highest order.

Billy Hamilton (NI footballer - Spain '82 et al) used to drink in our regular pub.

Had a few rounds with Dermot Murnaghan who is a cousin of my mate. His wife had to intervene and get him out of the pub and off to the the restaurant booking they had made.

Used to see Alex Higgins plastered in pubs in Belfast quite often but that doesn't really count. Went out with Liam Neeson's cousin for a while but that doesn't exactly count either.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
  • Gordon Kay from ‘allo ‘allo lived in the same area of town as my mum and he used to ask her out all the time apparently. She always declined as she knew it was just cover and when he was finally outed by some tabloid sting in the early 90’s - she sat there all evening smugly telling us over and over that that was why she always declined and that she’d seen the sham all along.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    A friend begged me to join him on a double date, early 98. I wasn't that much interested but a friend in need and all that. Anyway we're in the Cage and though I didn't know who she was yet, I could tell that was a bit of a looker. So Adam's getting along great guns with the other bird, and I'm bored pissless listening to Leilani Dowding chat about her burgeoning career, yeah right love, every chick with decent skin in this town thinks they're a model. So as pretty as she was/is I just kept her talking and moderately interested for about 45 minutes until Adam had already made a decent impression, before I snuck off

However I did do the rude with a future glamour model a couple of years later than that. Like I said Bournemouth is a bit of a hot bed for that sort of thing, and being alternative but also connected really helped me stand out from the wannabe footballers who all looked the same. It was only a one night stand, and I could never prove it, but she saved her number in my phone as Lucy Pinder and added me on MySpace. Wasn't until two or three years later that she started to actually do any modelling though, which made her way more attractive and less self centred than Leilani
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The rest of you are mainly going far too fancy. Kate Moss! Gordon Brown! Where’s the grot rather than these list of A-listers.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    cocko wins, the handsome bastard. I was mad for Pinder for a couple years.
  • Sat in front of Ed O’Brien and Colin Greenwood at a Jonny Greenwood/Krzysztof Penderecki concert at the Barbican once.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Met Richard O'brien at a morrissey gig once and bought him a pint.
  • When I was seven I met the real life Mickey Mouse in Florida, I got his autograph and everything.

You’d think he’d have been smaller in real life.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!