regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    What's the game you really desperately want to revisit, but new releases, DLC, life surprise drops, the desire to play retro games get in the way of?

If it were last week I'd have said Death Stranding but I'm making moves on it now. At present it's Breath of The Wild. If time stops, I'll play immediately.
  • Soggy biscuit

Wait what?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here he is
  • Breath of the Wild is one I’d like to go back to. Watched my eldest play/finish it recently and my YouTube feed (because of him) is full of ‘things you didn’t know about…’ videos, that make me feel I did it wrong, even though I loved it.

Started playing Doom (2016) again recently, but as much as I want to see it through to the end again, the pull of other stuff means it my waaaaay back burner game right now.

Death Stranding is too fresh for me, plus Drumbeg has it.
  • I would like to have a go at GTA Online again but the game has ran away from me now.
    It would need a serious investment in time or money to experience it properly now I feel. Absolutely loved it at launch, it provided some of the most epic and hilarious experiences Ive had.

Also my mates that I played with barely play games these days, they didnt really play then either but got caught up in the GTA hypetrain.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Edit. Didn't read op of course.
  • the latest fire emblem, the wandering around in the outworld bored the hell out of me and probably masked an otherwise interesting ingame
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Nothing unless I can wipe my brain. Keep moving forward.
  • There's a few but Red Dead Redemption is probably my big one. Don't think there's a game that I have played that compares narrative wise.

Others include:
    Binary Domain
    Shenmue 2
    Quantum Break
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    There’s something about the atmosphere of Shadow Man (I played it on N64) that has stayed with me over the years. I could never revisit it now though as I imagine the control scheme is likely way too arcane for my modern sensibilities.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    There’s something about the atmosphere of Shadow Man (I played it on N64) that has stayed with me over the years. I could never revisit it now though as I imagine the control scheme is likely way too arcane for my modern sensibilities.
    Apparently it’s just been remastered and I think has new control options and a lot of cut content restored. Absolutely loved it back in the day in the DC.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Ooh, that might work.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah I also love that. Still have my pal copy with 90% essentual emblazoned on the front from ONM
  • I'd love to have the time to properly get waist deep on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I just... Don't. Sigh.
  • I would like to play a Pokemon with the same enthusiasm I had for Gen 1 and 2.
  • Red dead 2. I bought my bone with it but after the prologue i lost interest after i had a few fails on a mission. Loading times were a big pain so really interested in seeing how it runs on the series s.

I also really wabt to restart Ori 2. Started it, than some stufd happened and i feel lost when i start it up. A fresh start is needed.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The only game i’ve ever completed more than once is Ico.  I just don’t ever really go back but such is my admiration for it’s world, I’m re-starting Red Dead 2 this coming week as i recuperate.
  • Would love to play through all the bioshocks again, just to see how well they hold up.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The first one is still rubbish.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Shenmue 2 has been on my list since it came out on Dreamcast, and now of course there's 3.

More recently, my brother has been on at me to play Control. I got it gratis on Epic, but I keep playing other stuff.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Four Sword Adventures. Would just about count as a revisit because I did play it briefly in three player near launch (before I sold it). Probably won't happen as it's never been rereleased and it's not as easy as it used to be to get a roomful of mates in for videogames.

I've often thought about playing Ocarina of Time again too, was my favourite game for many years but I've only played it through once. Probably won't happen either, I have started replaying a few things in recent years but I much prefer not to miss out on new stuff*

*This doesn't apply to older retro games; I'll replay MS/MD titles over and over, it's the 32-bit and beyond software that became more one and done for me.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    To you last point Moot, I think that's possibly because in the 32 bit era, the games in general started to become much longer experiences that are way more of a chore to replay through.
  • Definitely. Plus early to mid 3D games lack so much refinement compared to subsequent gens. Think about how good Tomb Raider was compared to how it would play without nostalgia.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Tomb Raider was shit even back then.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Each to their own but nuh-uh. Even with the tank controls it was a very well designed game, some of the level design was streets ahead of the norm.
  • I played M64 before I played Tomb Raider and that totally killed TR for me.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Me too.

I played TR on PC after M64 and lost interest very early on. I hated the dark, grimy look to it too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fools. TR was the greatest. Davy is Tombphobic.
  • After Dread I have a hankering for Super Metroid again. I've been meaning to play it for years.
  • davyK wrote:
    Me too.

I played TR on PC after M64 and lost interest very early on. I hated the dark, grimy look to it too.

Tomb Raider Davy.

Tomb.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. I got it again for PS2 - the Anniversary edition. Looked and played great but I ended up getting stuck somewhere, got bored, and gave up......I might not have even got out of the mansion come to think of it.....
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!