• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    It would be if I didn't already own everything in it. They keep doing that.

Maybe the real humble bundle is the pile of shame you made along the way.
  • yakuza 0 For just over £10 on steam
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Latest Humble Day of the Devs Bundle is decent:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/day-of-the-devs-2018
  • There's one I want and don't have!
  • Yeah. I now own one more game I'm never going to get around to playing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    At least you also gave some money to charity.
  • That's kinda why I have so many games I don't want; I've lost count of how many bundles I've bought just to chuck a dollar to a charity.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Latest Humble Day of the Devs Bundle is decent: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/day-of-the-devs-2018

RiME is amazing
  • That is good, eg minit is a fine game
    Hotline Miami 2 is shit though
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Going to be looking to get a PS4 Pro soon, probably by Christmas. Pretty much going to get it purely for Dreams, and the beta which looks like it will be actually out soon. So if anyone spies a really good deal chuck it in here please. Ta.
  • Black Friday next month so guess there will be deals around then
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Going to be looking to get a PS4 Pro soon, probably by Christmas. Pretty much going to get it purely for Dreams, and the beta which looks like it will be actually out soon. So if anyone spies a really good deal chuck it in here please. Ta.

Have they said Dreams will be significantly better on the Pro? If not, I'd suggest thinking about getting Slim and saving the difference (perhaps for an SSD or a future Slim Pro upgrade). Outside Skyrim VR, I've not really noticed much of a difference beyond the increased fan noise.
  • Alex Evans said that the game would basically run at fast as it could, and that Dreams on the Pro would be at 60FPS more of the time.

It does seem like it might be somewhat limited by the CPU power of the current consoles sadly, would be wonderful if it or a successor could be on the PC one day.
  • Seems unlikely, what with Sony owning MM and all. I'm hoping that Sony and MS see fit to put proper modern CPUs in their next consoles.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think that’s pretty much a given, but then it’s also a given that within a year or two of the consoles being out, PC processors will advance beyond them and we’ll be in the same boat.
  • It's not so much being able to keep up with the latest PC chips - very few games need anything like that amount of grunt - just not being underpowered to start with. As I understand it, the current CPUs were a generation or two behind and not clocked that highly when the consoles came out.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My understanding was that the major leap in chip tech came about with the switch from Jaguar to Ryzen chips, which was just starting to happen at the start of this console gen, but both PS4 and Bone went with Jaguar chips rather than the brand spanking new tech which would have cost a great deal more, understandably. So they weren’t exactly behind, they just weren’t on the cutting edge.

I do stand to be corrected on that.
  • Was there not one between Jaguar and Ryzen, or a different version of Jaguar or something? TBH, I haven't really kept up with chip architectures since I stopped building PCs, I'm going on half remembered heresy.
  • The current consoles (not the X or Pro updates) came out at the end of 2013, the Ryzen architechture launched at the start of 2017. So there wasn't the choice there really. Jaguar was designed as a low power mobile process IIRC, the other desktop architectures were pretty crap though, too power hungry and low performing compared to Intel at that time. AMD are really starting to kick the shit out of the competition in that regard now though, 7nm will be a big one..

When the update to new silicon comes to the consoles it will be a massive leap forward in capability, and allow much greater complexity and frame rates. Assuming Dreams has forward compatility I think that will probably be a really good demonstration of the difference, they've worked miracles getting as far as they have with the PS4 as far as I can tell.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm definitely a console guy, love the distinct lack of faffing about, but even I'd think twice about calling someone who built their own PC a heretic.
  • I vaguely remember Heretic being in the works for the Jaguar but that might've been hearsay.
  • No no, they had a hit with Pure & Simple, I don't think they dabbled in software.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I'm definitely a console guy, love the distinct lack of faffing about, but even I'd think twice about calling someone who built their own PC a heretic.

Ha. Autocorrect from hearsay.

Noting wrong with building a PC, it's configuring each game that's too much hassle.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Digital Foundry proposed if you wanted at PC that could run Forza Horizon 4 on Ultra at 60fps /1080p (to match the XBone X) you'd be looking at this spec.

5uO9Qs7.jpg

The grafix card alone is over £400.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I didn’t think there was a 60FPS option in RDR?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    I'm definitely a console guy, love the distinct lack of faffing about, but even I'd think twice about calling someone who built their own PC a heretic.

Ha. Autocorrect from hearsay.

Noting wrong with building a PC, it's configuring each game that's too much hassle.

Yeah, the actual selecting of parts and building of the PC definitely has its appeal, but the rest of it gives me the shits. Driver updates fucking things up? No ta.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yoss, just saying the Bone X is a good deal everyday.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Wait a sec, my brain’s still fuzzy from my cold. I thought you were referring to RDR in your previous post for some reason.
  • AJ wrote:
    Ha. Autocorrect from hearsay. Noting wrong with building a PC, it's configuring each game that's too much hassle.
    Yeah, the actual selecting of parts and building of the PC definitely has its appeal, but the rest of it gives me the shits. Driver updates fucking things up? No ta.
    i think the 'hassle' of PC gaming is over-egged, windows and steam will pretty much take care of themselves in much the same way the consoles do. The only hassle is if you get caught up in fiddling with graphics settings, though most (big) games will do a decent auto-setting.
    Still, console gaming is a bit simpler, just because you know someone has already picked the best settings for you and you don't have to worry about it....plus for me, the pc still doesn't fit in the living room/big tv set up, so console games on the couch is much more comfortable.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!