Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    How do the controllers compare to the S's, basically the same (bar colour), or more Elite??
  • Trade ins I get, new purchases less so.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Not of the day, but saves £23.99

h4tDoFL.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's doubtful the next round of consoles will be worth picking up until they've been on the shelves for a Christmas or two.  I wouldn't go Pro or X myself (disliked the idea from the get-go), but for people who have the swanky TVs I get the desire to put lovely looking images on them.

I've not been following it much, but depending on the backwards compatibility stuff there could be significant performance enhancments for old games on the new consoles. Something to consider perhaps.
  • Not of the day, but saves £23.99

h4tDoFL.jpg

What's going on here?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    When you buy a Quest between Nov 21 - Jan 30 the store will gift you all three episodes of Vader Immortal. Most impressive.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    XBox One X, with Jedi Fallen Order, for £299. Apparently. At Game, from tomorrow. Sounds pretty bargainous.
    I

If the PS5/Scarlett is as big a step up as claimed, then the One X and PS4 Pro are going to be redundant. So, while picking up an X and game for £300 may seem a bargain, it’s a lot of money to spend on a console that is at its end of life. Or is that just me?

I'm with ya.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's doubtful the next round of consoles will be worth picking up until they've been on the shelves for a Christmas or two.  I wouldn't go Pro or X myself (disliked the idea from the get-go), but for people who have the swanky TVs I get the desire to put lovely looking images on them.

There both confirmed to have backwards compatibility so everything on them from this gen should run better/smoother look better or whatever.

If I had just a one s or standard ps4 I'd be waiting till next year now.
  • Yeah that’s my plan. As nice as it would be to have an X or Pro I don’t even have a nice enough tv for it but also it’s money down the bin in a sense. New console launch is a a rare exciting thing and I like to savour it.
  • Full backwards comp would be a huge sweetener. It was one of the reasons I dragged my heels jumping into the current gen.
  • I don’t see me buying either console anywhere near launch (albeit I recognise I said the same about PS4) so I still fancy upgrading my PS4 to a Pro.
  • BC means that next gen consoles will have a huge library of games on day one. The downside is that it makes new software more difficult to sell - you'll all have a backlog.

That and the GAAS stuff makes me think it could be a very strange transition this time.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Those looking for a memorable gaming experience this Christmas should consider the console released in May that has a true USP which blows the mind. On me head son...
  • When you buy a Quest between Nov 21 - Jan 30 the store will gift you all three episodes of Vader Immortal. Most impressive.

Ah I see, I was hoping it was just free in the store for existing owners or something.
  • How bloody much are the next gen consoles going to cost on launch though?! I've never bought a console anywhere near launch and i dont plan to start now.
  • The Quiet Man (PS4) is down to £5.99 on PSN. I don't think I can resist any longer.
  • Got another week for this:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/

My main highlight: hitman 2 gold edition 75% off, with black Friday code, even more.

Aus$135 total down to aus$33. With 2 mystery steam keys thrown in.

Some other recentish solid stuff in there too for similar discounts.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Steam keys. FYI.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Steam keys?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Judgment is £20 on PS4 on the game collection. In the absence of an Xmas Yakuza I might have to grab on payday.
  • Kow wrote:
    Steam keys?

Yes?

That's what they and humble call the codes to unlock games on steam once you've bought them.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok, Steam keys so.
  • Djornson wrote:
    How bloody much are the next gen consoles going to cost on launch though?! I've never bought a console anywhere near launch and i dont plan to start now.

If you’d bought a PS4 Pro on release - 3 years ago, you’d have paid around £350. Today, you’d pay around £299. You’d have lost or saved around £50 over 3 years.

The One X was released 2 years ago for £449. It’s now available for £299, meaning you’d have lost or saved around £150 over 2 years.

The PS4 on release, 6 years ago, also cost £350. You’d pay around £250 it now - meaning you’d have lost or saved £100 over 6 years.

Xbox One was released at the same time for £429, and can now be bought for around £250, so you’d have lost or saved around £180 over 6 years.

Assuming you don’t buy a dead on arrival console (hello CD32 (I could have said WiiU)) or something that has an inherent design flaw, meaning you have to replace it (hello X360 and to a lesser extent PS3), there’s not many financial reasons not to buy at launch.

In the PS4’s case, the depreciation is around £15 a year. Hardly worth sitting back for - albeit time does afford the opportunity to see which machine is performing better and where the games are.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Judgment is £20 on PS4 on the game collection. In the absence of an Xmas Yakuza I might have to grab on payday.

8-4 Play were talking about the demo of Yakuza: Like a Dragon / 7 on their latest podcast. It sounds brilliant.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Xbox One was released at the same time for £429

Bloody hell, no wonder this gen turned out the way it did.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Stuff

Interesting. You've convinced me to probably wait for PS5 before playing my PS4 back catalogue. I still think i did alright with the Xbox though. Think i paid £200 for xbox one, upgraded to S for £100, upgraded to X for £200. 3 consoles for £500, admittedly variants of the same console but you know, upgraded controller, more storage, extended warranty, 4k and HDR and all that jazz. And admittedly i only got an X because i got a shiny new TV. It's a vicious circle this spending lark.
  • At this stage, I'd be happy to have an XBone for Game Pass. But I probably will have to get one of the new consoles next year, so £300 for a year's use isn't worth it.
  • I’ve had my XBone since launch, still rocking the old launch unit.
    Haven’t upgraded or been tempted to upgrade as I don’t have a tv capable of supporting HDR or 4K and won’t for a while.
    I’ll probably wait for the new console to bed in a while before I buy, I don’t fancy spending mega dosh on day one. (Mostly because I’m flat broke)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • RE2 PC £12.62 Green Man Gaming
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone found a labo vr kit cheap?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just had a look. Coolshop had it at £55 a few weeks ago then sold out. Time yet though.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!