The Elden Ring progress chat and help group (using spoiler tags)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I met a
    Spoiler:

I died in one hit
  • Confused about when the
    Spoiler:
    I was able to use them in a boss fight but they were unusable against normal enemies when I was trying them out?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Rev wrote:
    Confused about when the
    Spoiler:
    I was able to use them in a boss fight but they were unusable against normal enemies when I was trying them out?

There will be a blue icon on the left of the screen, looks like a tablet. This indicates you can summon in that area.
  • Without really planning it I've got a lot of firey attack options now.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Plus a big sword for more conventional combat.
  • JonB wrote:
    Without really planning it I've got a lot of firey attack options now.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Plus a big sword for more conventional combat.

That’s pretty much my exact setup.
  • It's serving me well so far. Even standard torch attacks are really useful in some areas.
  • Aye. Also got a
    Spoiler:
    so torches not always necessary.

Fave weapon art so far with my big sword is
    Spoiler:
    though. Really good at breaking through high poise mobs, it’s seems.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm using the default still on my longsword. It's absolutely brutal and wrecks everything. Just got to time it right.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not gonna spoiler this because it wouldn’t make sense.

There’s an invisible man kicking around.

I’ll spoiler the location…
    Spoiler:
  • Why do I sometimes have vertical amber bits coming out of me?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I found him too b0r1s, genuine lol leading up to the reveal. Need to go back and have a chat.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Seems like reviewing items on the map, stuff that’s shown without visiting the area, is a sensible plan, who knew!
    Things can only get better.
  • Margit down. I've got a +4 weapon now, so was able to do decent damage. And when I got him to about a quarter health I summoned the wolves! Made finishing him off much easier.
  • That whole battle was very very souls. I was also able to summon help which was fun. He's a tough character
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yeah, was a fun fight that one. Nina heard me fight him earlier today while she plugged away at Yakuza.

Did you have the
    Spoiler:
    for that fight?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Haven't seen anyone mention the Tibia Mariner fight so I'm going to below
    Spoiler:
  • About 8 hours in now, as a Samurai. I have felled the boss Jon and Cinty mentioned, it wasn’t all that bad in the end.

Done a fair bit of exploiting. I went north of the Castle, and had a bit of a shock that i’ll let folk experience. I also explored some of East Limgrove - there’s some fun stuff there. Specifically near a big enemy there is a ruin with a wee lift in.
    Spoiler:
    A genuine what the fuck moment.

Further into Easy Limgrove I have also found a place
    Spoiler:
    I am now stuck in dungeon with no way out, severely underclassed, but i’ll persevere. I think i’ve killed about 6 or 7 big named bosses/minibosses, including the one Paul has mentioned, and have got 6 flasks at +4 which is not enough flasks but more than enough restoration!

There’s a huge amount to love about this, the sense of exploration is absolutely second time none. I love seeing a squiggle on the map, and intuiting that it might represent a ruin, or a cave, then finding it and seeing what mysteries lie within.

I stupidly forgot to tag an NPC on the map though, and after clearing out an area I wanted to go back and see them but I cannot remember where they are!
  • Oh I also found an item North of the castle.
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've just experienced your first spoiler there, Temps. Holy freaking shit.
  • I bought a new weapon art but don't seem to know how to equip it?
  • Rev wrote:
    I bought a new weapon art but don't seem to know how to equip it?

Rest at the grace / bonfire points - select “Ashes of War”
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thank you. I also ignored the pop up when it explained it to me!
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Another thing then, all the pop-ups are saved with icons and everything on the last page of the inventory.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Also worth noting that some ashes of war can be taken off of special weapons and applied to others. So find a weapon that you don’t like with a weapon art you do? Might be able to swap it off to your preferred weapon.

Love how flexible the combat in this game is.
  • JonB wrote:
    Margit down. I've got a +4 weapon now, so was able to do decent damage. And when I got him to about a quarter health I summoned the wolves! Made finishing him off much easier.

Spent best part of an hour just now in that cunt. All by myself, no elf-bell except NPC summon, and starter weapon. Go me. Was fun.
  • How do I summon ashes or whatever? I have like 2 or 3 of them but don’t know how to use them.
  • Nice work, elf. Warrior blood must truly run in thy veins.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    How do I summon ashes or whatever? I have like 2 or 3 of them but don’t know how to use them.

On PlayStation (you can figure out xbox equivalent) - press start button to bring up main menu. Right side you will see pouch items. Press right to move to pouch, triangle to swap pouch quick select items to dpad slots. Then, in combat, hold triangle then dpad for specific summons.
  • Ah they’re pouch items. Thanks. Gotcha.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Ah they’re pouch items. Thanks. Gotcha.

Yup. So you can have weapon arts, summons and spells all at the same time. Bliss.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!