Misogyny and other gender issues.
  • That scene, which hates Muslims, seems to have been weirdly infected by salafist extremist methods. Second time now. It's extremely weird.
  • I dunno if it's weird/unexpected that the right-wing extremists so strongly resemble the ISIS type extremists tbh - I figure hate's strongest when there's some aspect of projection. I mean, there's that classic compare-and-contrast of the 2 women holding guns and bible/quran in front of their favourite flags innit. I guess that religious aspect might be different/missing in the shut-in-incel-toxic-masculinity-internet-loser cases.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Never heard the word incel before. That's a pretty pathetic title to give yourself. They should just go with the more common "unlikeable". I suggest suicide in the bath as a better modus operandi.
  • I kinda chuckled how that report describes them - if women dont like you or find you attractive, maybe the fault is with you? Maybe?

Suicide in the bath sounds about right
    SFV - reddave360
  • What's worse though, incel, volcel, or MGTOW
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    TSTP

TDTL
  • Well, he is going to spend his entire life with men now so that should please him.
  • #NotAllIncels etc.

I mean they're fucking weird, but right now ya boi Rouj might as well be an incel, ain't no one interested in this one eyed, clapped out nerd right now, just saying.

I think there's a wider issue here, they are a group of mentally unwell, rather angry individuals, who feel marginalised and live in an echo chamber that turns their grievances outwards instead of looking at themselves properly and that has to be a huge problem. These guys arent even a new thing, that Elliot Roger kid from a few years back was a classic case.

The overspill from this group is that I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of alt-right crossover with these guys, since they blame everyone but themselves for their problems.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yer Toronto man allegedly had a Facebook post praising rogers. The problem with all this is that none of it's new, your post above has been the narrative for about 5 or 6 years at a minimum and it is only getting worse.

There is at least a surge on youtube (which lets face it, is the main pulpit for so many of these Far Right/Miso figureheads) for left leaning people to speak about stuff more openly and try and deconstruct these myths, and occasionally you see comments of people who have been reached, which is good.
  • FB confirmed the post is legit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A journalist here infiltrated the far right movement some years ago and wrote a book about it. One thing he found to be common was that the predominantly male members mostly had no girlfriends/wives and almost no sexual experience. Stands to reason really, being an angry/aggressive/dumb/troll/hateful cunt is not an appealling quality for your other half in a relationship. I suppose it's easier to blame the world than recognise that you're distinctly unlikable and try to remedy it.
  • It's probably worth unpacking how they end up becoming so unattractive in the first place, and what's stoking this kind of murderous status anxiety. But it's more worthwhile to just build really good sexbots and nerf this kind of feral maleness foreva.
  • They just have poor social skills and/or low self esteem. That's how they end up where they are. It's not that they're born hateful cunts.

They become hateful cunts because their inability to make connections with people is never traced back to it's root, so they go through life thinking they are nice guys and why don't girls want to go out with me, they always date dickheads who treat them like shit, but I would be different, I would treat them right, why can't they see this? God girls are dumb, they deserve everything they get the dumb cunts for not being able to spot a good guy like me, please send nudes, fuck u lololol u ugly anyway, here I phptoshopped my head and your head onto some brazzers screen grab, oops now I'm driving my van up the kerb, I hope the police kill me I'm so unhappy.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • The echochamber is definitely an issue. I think it would be interesting to see where this guy is mentally in 1, 3, 5 or 10 years time.
    Religion and gang culture is present in prisons so the echo chamber cycle continues but this incel shit lives mainly on the internet, is removal a cure?
  • I love it when we can just blame the Internet for stuff.
  • djchump wrote:
    I dunno if it's weird/unexpected that the right-wing extremists so strongly resemble the ISIS type extremists tbh - I figure hate's strongest when there's some aspect of projection. I mean, there's that classic compare-and-contrast of the 2 women holding guns and bible/quran in front of their favourite flags innit. I guess that religious aspect might be different/missing in the shut-in-incel-toxic-masculinity-internet-loser cases.

Bizarrely, of course, no one will call whatever half arsed ideology this man brainwashed himself to follow, or related moderate versions of it such as liberalism, libertarianism, or identity politics, a "death cult".
  • Well I mean, before the internet these guys would just be bog standard loners by virtue of their problems. But now they can all meet like minded loners and revel in their collective perceived injustices.
  • Not defending it but rouj makes a good point. There are lots of people who don't mingle in the usual way and maybe the female of the species is more able to deal with it but while I think these people are partly to blame themselves, social skills and interaction aren't thought everywhere and it can depend a lot on how you evolved through the awkward teenage years.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Loner chat - meet the kind of loners you want to talk to.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    I dunno if it's weird/unexpected that the right-wing extremists so strongly resemble the ISIS type extremists tbh - I figure hate's strongest when there's some aspect of projection. I mean, there's that classic compare-and-contrast of the 2 women holding guns and bible/quran in front of their favourite flags innit. I guess that religious aspect might be different/missing in the shut-in-incel-toxic-masculinity-internet-loser cases.
    Bizarrely, of course, no one will call whatever half arsed ideology this man brainwashed himself to follow, or related moderate versions of it such as liberalism, libertarianism, or identity politics, a "death cult".
    Roujin wrote:
    Well I mean, before the internet these guys would just be bog standard loners by virtue of their problems. But now they can all meet like minded loners and revel in their collective perceived injustices.
    I guess that's a distinguishing factor between these sadsacks and the ISIS/KKK types - it doesn't seem like there's any hierarchical power structure that's deliberately radicalising then towards extremism, it seems more of a self-organising rabble of horrible people gathering and inciting each other...? 
    i.e. there's no head priest/klansman/honcho that's doing it to further their own power ... or do the bloggers, Breitbarts and Milo's of the internet fulfill that role? An ideology not based on holy books and hierarchy, but distributed amongst a network of shitheads making money from online ads and hawking their books & speaking appointments.
  • They're not actual commanders but they definitely normalise and give courage to these fucking nimrods. At best they're wildly irresponsible, and they do it with the full logic of capitalism.
  • Related take. From years ago but it covers something, for coming out the same baffled male space.
  • Didn’t we have a Cosby parody account on the Edge Forums? We weren’t to know of course.

Still, if Steve McClaren and Goldblum end up getting knicked you’d have to say a pattern is emerging.
  • No, just a regular called Cosby. I feel for him every post.
  • djchump wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Well I mean, before the internet these guys would just be bog standard loners by virtue of their problems. But now they can all meet like minded loners and revel in their collective perceived injustices.
    I guess that's a distinguishing factor between these sadsacks and the ISIS/KKK types - it doesn't seem like there's any hierarchical power structure that's deliberately radicalising then towards extremism, it seems more of a self-organising rabble of horrible people gathering and inciting each other...?  i.e. there's no head priest/klansman/honcho that's doing it to further their own power ... or do the bloggers, Breitbarts and Milo's of the internet fulfill that role? An ideology not based on holy books and hierarchy, but distributed amongst a network of shitheads making money from online ads and hawking their books & speaking appointments.

Aye, the underlying character archetype is disturbing to say the least.
    But as Brooks mentioned these idiots are just a market for self proclaimed cuntish alt right entrepeneurs. Sadly they are also the pillars of Trump and Bannon's Victory in the White House.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I quite liked Oscar Wao so that's a bummer that.
  • Yeah, I'd read all bar the last. Makes me worry about cinder block sized SF writer Peter f Hamilton too. Given his leads.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!