Most disappointing games
‹ Previous123456711
  • What's your most disappointing games?

Doesn't have to be a bad game, but one you was hyped for that didn't quite live up to your expectations.

I think mine is Mario Golf: Super Rush on Switch. Camelot fucked up something to basic, it still boggles my mind. Previous entries in the series were some of my most played games on their respective systems.

Others I can think of:
    Perfect Dark (N64)
    Street Fighter III
    Star Fox Assault
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Halo 4
    Driv3r
    MGS2
    Resident Evil 6
    Zelda: Majoras Mask
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow

What's your picks?

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    BotW, HL2, mainly because they were so hyped.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Actually, maybe not HL2 thinking about it. It was okay.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Get out
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We’re doing Jordan Peele movies, right?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Us?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    What's your most disappointing games? Doesn't have to be a bad game, but one you was hyped for that didn't quite live up to your expectations. I think mine is Mario Golf: Super Rush on Switch. Camelot fucked up something to basic, it still boggles my mind. Previous entries in the series were some of my most played games on their respective systems. Others I can think of: Perfect Dark (N64) Street Fighter III Star Fox Assault Super Mario Sunshine Halo 4 Driv3r MGS2 Resident Evil 6 Zelda: Majoras Mask Castlevania Lords of Shadow What's your picks?

Completely agreed on Resi 6. It's the only numbered RE I haven't completed. Absolute tosh, and bordering on unplayable. Also MGS2, absolutely bonkers and not as much fun to play as the first MGS. Super Mario Sunshine is also a good shout, but that might be because it had impossible expectations to live up to. I recently went through it via 3D All Stars, and it's still good fun - just not as good SM64.

But Perfect Dark and Street Fighter III? Stone-cold classics, both. Though PD did have a lot to live up to, and it's arguable whether or not it did, and SFIII took many years to reveal it's genius, and I guess people had moved on to Tekken and Virtua Fighter - 3D is better than 2D was the mantra of the time.
    Yossarian wrote:

Ban request.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Last of Us
    Every Halo before or after 3
    CoD: MW2
    Trials Rising
    Borderlands 3 (which i loved but lacks any teplayability)
    FM22
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Top 3 recent ones:

- Untitled Goose Game
    - Trek to Yuma (or whatever it was called)
    - Stacking
  • Rise of the Robots. One of the biggest turds of all time.
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted (the Criterion one). They'd made the outstanding Hot Pursuit, and it was going open world, so anticipation was sky high.

But it was just a bit?... Pants?
  • For me it's often been sequels

Devil may cry 2 was particularly disappointing. A complete opposite of the first game. So poor. The first pes games on the 360/ps3 were also very lacking compared to the ps2 stuff. Burnout 3, while not a bad game, took one of my favourite racers and brushed a big smear of EA over it and the series never really recovered.

Darksiders 2 was another big let down - the first took me by surprise and was a slightly scruffy gem. The sequel added way too much rpg stuff and ditched mark hamall.

Also have to throw guilty gear games here. I've tried to like them across many versions and platforms but I can just never gel with them so drop them. Might be better if I had another person to play against and learn the game.

SFV - reddave360
  • FM22

What about it? I was on 17 before so near enough everything was new to me. The dynamic youth rating being basically nothing was the only thing that disappointed me.
  • Cyberpunk.
    They can fix all the glitches and framerate drops but they didnt deliver on making a meaningfully different path based on the initial faction choice and after 15 minutes it just became all the same.

Zelda Skyward Sword
    Absolute toss. 10 my arse.

A whole bunch of remakes, re-releases and remasters of retro games that are lazily done. There was a real run of them on XBLA. Thankfully things have improved.
  • Shadow of war

Loved shadow of mordor and SoW added loads of stuff that should of made it better than its predecessor but they fucked it.

Eldon Ring

Hoped I'd like it, thought I might, turns out I don't. Did absolutely nothing for me in the first couple of hours I played and I couldn't force myself to play on any longer. Sucked in by the hype and had to try it. My most expensive loss on this list.

MGS 3

Loved the others but I missed this on release and didn't play it till years after.

Disco Elysium

My fault really this one. I knew it wasn't my thing but wanted to try it.

No man's sky

Fuckin yawn, uninstall.

Dreams

I have no idea why I bought it.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FM22

What about it? I was on 17 before so near enough everything was new to me. The dynamic youth rating being basically nothing was the only thing that disappointed me.

If you play it year on year you'll see. Bar the Deadline Day stuff which is mint first time then gets tedious, there's nothing new there. Staff meetings are absolutely hopeless.

Also the ME is fuck awful but that's been a trend for years.
  • A few that spring to mind:

Guardian Heroes Advance
    NiGHTS (Wii)
    Super Monkey Ball 2
    Dark Savior (I did enjoy this but it was no Landstalker)
    Halo 4
    Mario Golf Super Rush
    Shenmue III
    Rastan Saga 2
    Everybody's Golf (PS4)
    The second game in the most recent Tomb Raider reboot franchise. Rise of?
  • Can't think of any off the top of my head, so I'll just look at others' lists and go "oh yeah, that one".

Halo 4, oh yeah, that one
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Staff meetings can fuck off to be fair.

"Stop training this because it's no longer a weakness in his game"

Yeah, I want him to be good at it dickhead.

"Hire these people"

All of these are significantly worse than my current staff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cyberpunk is a big one. The marketing for it was disingenuous and outright lied at times
  • The Medium
    Loved Layers of Fear and Observer. They tried to make a proper game with The Medium but they don't know how.
    Stick to £10 4 hour thrills please.
  • Mario Sunshine
    Not the worst game ever made, far from it but man that anticipation after Mario 64 then getting this. What a dissapointment.
    These days we are used to the drip feed of Nintendo's big IP. One at a push two per console gen for the big hitters but back then we were going off the frequency of the 16 bit gen and the anticipation for Mario 64 2 or Mario 128 as I remember it being referred to was off the scale.

They really should have done a Mario 64 2 that was just more of the same on N64 had o soften the blow of Mario Sunshine.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The second game in the most recent Tomb Raider reboot franchise. Rise of?

Good shout. So much so its put me off playing the third. Silly of me to buy them both at once.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Third one was the worst. Utter gash.
  • Oh dear :-( this is where digital purchases really show a negative side.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's Halo 5. What a waste of a game in a numbered series. Completing missions by talking to people. Fuck sake.
  • Lego Indiana Jones. I bought it because some of you said it was good and then a guy at work said it was good and it was clearly for children not awesome tigers. More disappointed in all the people involved rather than the game itself. Including myself.

All FM/CM games after 01/02.

Skyrim.

Dragon Age: Inquisition.

• Power of Illusion (3DS)
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4
    Wonderful 101
    Hotline Miami 2
  • Mention of Skyrim reminds me…

Oblivion.
‹ Previous123456711

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!