Japanese / Megadrive posters...
  • Apportion a part of next month's image on the previous month's so people have to buy all 12 for it to "work".

You'll make money.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    You can't even source a quote for that paper! Couldn't you chuck it on Conquerer and say it was fancy jap paper?

Yeah we were one of the first to use it - but it's not cheap stuff, looks lovely in the flesh though! Would love to do a SNES or maybe Gamecube one, my boss is a Megadrive-ophile though.
  • I would love to see an original Game Boy one.
  • Want, only 99 people may buy one before Friday or you're all getting a punch in the fuck.

I can't imagine it being an issue mate.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    £20 is what I think.
      You greatly underestimate the cost of GF Smith Takeo paper. ;-)
    Do you do all your screen-printing in-house?

If not what are screen costs nowadays? I think they were at about £15 per screen when I used to get stuff done but with digital print (and especially the newer printers being able to do spot UV and direct to substrate printing) I'm surprised you chose screen printing for a first run. Saying that you obviously know the market better than me but as nerdy as us gamers are what you are producing is nearer the top-end geekiness isn't it?

I'm not sure if I've said but I produced my first canvas the other day (4'x2' with 38mm returns on a 440g/m² artistic canvas) and I have had a few friends say that they would love some gaming related ones.

I use a Roland VS-640 EcoSol printer, I can print upto 1600mm high (upto the length of the roll which is generally 50m) in one hit but obviously this can be tiled for larger prints. We are looking at the UV equivalent at some stage so that we can print straight to ply.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    £20 is what I think.
    Do you do all your screen-printing in-house? If not what are screen costs nowadays? I think they were at about £15 per screen when I used to get stuff done but with digital print (and especially the newer printers being able to do spot UV and direct to substrate printing) I'm surprised you chose screen printing for a first run. Saying that you obviously know the market better than me but as nerdy as us gamers are what you are producing is nearer the top-end geekiness isn't it? I'm not sure if I've said but I produced my first canvas the other day (4'x2' with 38mm returns on a 440g/m² artistic canvas) and I have had a few friends say that they would love some gaming related ones. I use a Roland VS-640 EcoSol printer, I can print upto 1600mm high (upto the length of the roll which is generally 50m) in one hit but obviously this can be tiled for larger prints. We are looking at the UV equivalent at some stage so that we can print straight to ply.

No, we're a digital agency so we don't do much print work, this is a self initiated project between a friend of mine and me so we used one69a in Manchester.

Not sure what the cost of the individual screens were, but i think the printing itself was around £550-600 including set up and mixing ink (they mixed us a the two MD colours and very 'Sonic' blue). 

We were originally going to get it done in a 3 colour litho, but went for screen printing mainly because of the vibrancy, and quite liked the fact that there was a bit of craft behind it. I had a few concerns about how the red/green/blue would blend, but they assured me it'd be fine and to be honest they did a cracking job of it.

The HP indigo stuff has some amazing results for digital - it was more a choice for us of going for quality on everything and hoping that people would see that in the finished product - We also got a great photographer involved to document the whole job, as I think that shows the attention to detail that went into putting them together.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I like screen printed stuff, I like the tactile feel of it. I think this is why I'm keen on getting a UV printer as you can add 'depth' to a print. I'd love a lottery win so that I could set-up various projects, going down these lines would certainly be something I'd do.

Oh I think your screens were £50 each if their website is anything to go by.
  • Bought!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Im defo going to get one on friday, really love the design.
  • Cheers guys, you won't dissapointed - Hard to do the quality justice with just photographs
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Or disappointed.

That too.
  • Griff's poster is coming as a limited edition with special hand drawn cock and balls.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I don't want a roujin self portrait thanks.
  • The guy who did the photography did a little 'making of...' video whilst we were there:

• got mine, awesome stuff thanks!
  • got mine, awesome stuff thanks!

Excellent, glad you like it mate.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    £20 is what I think.

Was gonna ask abouit the paper it looks deluxe.

I used to get my screens done for 30quid. Used to hate doing stuff for bands that wanted screened tees. They didn't seem to understand the cost implication of screens, especially when they wanted several colours. Dicks.

Nice work Dan, excellent execution. You guys must be made up with the finished product.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I haven't seen paper like this before, it's very good.
  • We're on tinycartridge.com today :)
  • I haven't seen paper like this before, it's very good.

Glad you like it - the paper choice was a bit of good luck - we use a supplier called GF Smith and about midway through the project they showed us a new range which is made in Japan - they have a few ranges but the 'halftone/dot' texture really works with the design for me
  • I was looking for this thread the other day to try and post that. I got probably more excited than I should when I saw it!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I just watched and did a SQUEE when Patrick held it up
  • What exactly is a SQUEE?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A little happy noise
  • Haha - I actually didn't expect to see it on there - I had to double take when he brought it out
  • Sorry to drag this up - bit got some new shots done this week in prep for the prints feature in the 'Every Day Is Play' book that's coming later in the year - I wanted to try and show some of the texture and finish so decided to show it slightly rolled instead of flat —

BgiEogeIUAICDQr.jpg

BgiWPDJIMAARAg2.jpg

• Got the masters back today they look amazing - will post them here in the coming days :)
  • That roll looks lovely

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!