Three Good Things
  • My secondary school was called Ousedale, used to go swimming in the Ouse as well down by the common.

You merely visited a cottage near the Ouse, I was moulded by it, studied in it, I didnt see another river until I was a man and by then I was blinded by the leptospirosis.
  • Ouse was t’baby river where I grew up. Nowt compared to t’mighty ’Umber.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Aye, but 'umber goes through 'ull, 'n Ouse thru York. Thes nowt more needs sayin lad.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    My secondary school was called Ousedale, used to go swimming in the Ouse as well down by the common. You merely visited a cottage near the Ouse, I was moulded by it, studied in it, I didnt see another river until I was a man and by then I was blinded by the leptospirosis.
    It could perhaps be said, that you do indeed know the secrets of the Ouse.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 1. Got notification that something I ordered is arriving tomorrow instead of march.
    2. My stomach is feeling better after a bad lactose reaction
    3. I remembered Bangi o spirits was a thing and now have it to play on my DS
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Was grinning at G but no.3 on rev's list can have one too. Prepare for slowdown.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Haven't done this in days cos it's all been a bit shit

But just very much cheered up by afaict a total stranger actually using the donate button on https://confusle.positronicarts.com/. Safe to say I wasn't really expecting it to ever get clicked so somewhat amazed by this!!
  • Just clicked on it, don't know what I'm supposed to do. Is it a cake wordsearch?
  • 1- got to hang out with my little guy today and we had lots of fun playing hide and seek.
    2 - all of our managers are on holiday and paternity leave. At the same time.
    3 - i bought that golf game on switch for less than £2 worth of gold coins and it's pretty decent
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Just clicked on it, don't know what I'm supposed to do. Is it a cake wordsearch?

Are you... confused?  Then the game has worked.  The clue is in the title.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Haven't done this in days cos it's all been a bit shit But just very much cheered up by afaict a total stranger actually using the donate button on https://confusle.positronicarts.com/. Safe to say I wasn't really expecting it to ever get clicked so somewhat amazed by this!!

I did it.
  • 1) Annoyingly the Valentines present I'd ordered for my wife never arrived.  But I managed to strategically disappear for a period today and have come up with something she'll hopefully like just as much.
    2)  Spent a lovely evening playing games with the family. Sabatour, Red 7, and Gloom. I even won occasionally.
    3) Jon's "Where to Live in the UK" thread made me realise I actually kind of like where I live.  I sort of forget about it most of the time, and take it for granted, so it was nice to realise it all over again.
  • 1. I just got back from seeing Sea Power perform the whole of ‘Do You Like Rock Music’. They were incredible!
    2. Went with two very good friends. Great to see them. 
    3. Didn’t drink.
    [quote="SpaceGazelle"]It doesn't matter who you vote for, the politicians always get in.[/quote]
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    1. Annual Leave now til Monday.
    2. Home alone most of the day
    3. Started the day off with a sausage, bacon and cheese barm from the local greasy cafe, and an edible.
  • 1. In the house alone until Sunday for some me time. 
    2. Going to meet friends tomorrow night to play games
    3. Got some stir fry sauces delivered I'm looking to use in a dish tonight and can't wait. All gluten and dairy free
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Hopefully there's some satay sauce in there. That's the absolute top dog of stir fry sauces IMO.
  • Yesterday:

1) My wife got us tickets for the Magnetic Fields performing the entirety of 69 Love Songs at The Barbican in September.
    2) Managed to not freak out when my daughter somehow managed to smash the nice mirror in her room at the cottage we're staying in, and instead managed to be a supportive Dad and acknowledge she was freaking out plenty on her own.  (This is a big deal for me as my Dad was less than ideal...)
    3) Went out for a lovely movie date with my wife.  (Past Lives - a surprisingly grown up romantic drama that comes wholly recommended despite such things not usually being my bag.)

Today:

1) Had a lovely time at the Centre for Computing History showing my daughter all the shit we used to play on as a kid.  They have basically every home computer that was available in the UK, the vast majority of consoles and all sorts of other stuff, all entirely accessible to play with.
    2) The water levels have fallen enough to allow me and my wife to take the dog for a long meandering walk down by the river's edge. Really enjoyed watching how the wildlife is exploiting these newly formed (and presumably short lived) wetlands. A nice reminder that however clever we think we are, nature has its own plans.
    3) The bloke who owns the cottage was really nice about the broken mirror when we called him to report the damage.
  • 1. Tilly just did a water slide, conquering a fear she developed since lockdown. I must have been up those steps 20 times in the past two years, followed by a slow (and sometimes tearful) trudge down. Full success today.

2 to infinity. Might be viewing a puppy today or tomorrow....
  • Really been struggling to find anything positive recently, with work being as it is. But it's the small things I guess I have to focus on.

1) New IDLES album out tomorrow. Love the new stuff so really looking forward to it.

2) Didn't end the day in tears, curled up in the foetal position, so... Result! I guess.

3) My new Head of Service, who doesn't really know me and I don't really know her, recognised that I was really struggling yesterday and called me today to make sure I was ok. She told me to take as many breaks as I needed and to make sure I looked after my mental health. It's a small thing, but it meant a lot.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yesterday:

1) Got out of the holiday cottage on time, without leaving anything behind and without any great drama.
    2) Stopped at a weird little place for lunch on the drive home. It was basically just a porta-cabin next to a pond, but it was so desperate to declare itself as Somewhere Of Note that I found the whole thing oddly amusing.
    3) Met my Dad and step-mum for dinner, and despite being very worried about it in advance, it was actually really nice.

Today:

1) Finally got to have a lie in.
    2) Watched the Graham Norton from a few weeks back with Domhnall Gleeson in it. I now understand why someone at work started jokingly calling me "Cate".  (I am sometimes mistaken for Domhnall Gleeson, it turns out he is sometimes mistaken for Cate Blanchett.)
    3) Finished the first act of the Panto I've been asked to write. No idea if they'll like it (it's more traditional than the ones I wrote in my 20s, but is also very much me.)
  • 1. Had a hectic weekend last week and smoked for one day, but I managed to keep it to just the Saturday with none since.
    2. Bracken the puppy is my best mate already.
    3. Drinking a nice IPA while Tilly's on a Brownies trip to Air Thrill, + an over indulgent McDonald's feast is approaching fast.
  • Let's keep this wonderful thread going.

1.) I built a shed this weekend and it's turned out surprisingly solid.
    2.) My Conservatory extension starts today.
    3.) I hacked my 3DS last night.
    [quote="SpaceGazelle"]It doesn't matter who you vote for, the politicians always get in.[/quote]
  • I agree.

Yesterday:
    - gutted the bathroom top to toe, immensely satisfying
    - had some amazing pancakes (see food thread)
    - spent some quality time with the missus. She's been really struggling recently so it was nice to just get out and about and not talk about all the stressful stuff she's been facing.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Go on then, yesterday…

1. Cleaned the flat and my shower is now sparkling.
    2. Finished TWD at last
    3. Played more Infinite Wealth and feel like I’m on the home stretch

Today…

1. Got the day off
    2. Going to get my hair cut
    3. Going to try and finish IW before FFVII on Thursday
  • 1.) It's no longer yesterday.  Yesterday was horrible.
    2.) It's Payday!
    3.) I repeat, yesterday is over with.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    1) it's payday after 2x 5 week months
    2) got over a meeting I was dreading first thing this morning. Didn't go well, but I wasn't expecting it to either. At least it's done.
    3) it's getting noticeably lighter in the morning.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    3) it's getting noticeably lighter in the morning.

This one makes me happy. Means I get to take Cooper out for a run in the meadow before heading off to work, instead of just a walk on his lead in the dark.
  • 1.) I'm awake to watch the sun rise.  I bloody love sunrise.  I'm not a morning person at all, so it's a very rare thing for me to experience.
    2.) Fucked up my 3DS last night, but managed to fix & re-hack it in the last hour.
    3.) It's March!  Winter is over!  Right?  right?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Saw the Mousetrap last night on stage.  Very enjoyable.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!