Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's a nice idea, and track, but by fuck that driving line is horrific.
  • Yep, nice visual execution though even if he is a bell at it
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's like the Sonic/Mario levels.

Glorious to look at tedious to play. Depends if you value spectacle over gameplay. I enjoy both, at different times.
  • It's such a strange omission that this game doesn't highlight where people have beaten your times when you log in. I always spend the first 5 minutes checking times to see who's been busy.

Today, Whisking Troll has been busy, and therefore so have I. I'm going to have to get a lot better at these extremes.
  • voices wrote:
    It's such a strange omission that this game doesn't highlight where people have beaten your times when you log in. I always spend the first 5 minutes checking times to see who's been busy. Today, Whisking Troll has been busy, and therefore so have I. I'm going to have to get a lot better at these extremes.

Yep, AutoLog in NFS: Hot Pursuit was the best idea ever. Wish RedLynx had copied it wholesale.

Btw, was about to steal Dark City back a minute ago and got stymied on the final rail. Argh!
  • At the moment I'm leading my friends list on all the extremes. Woot!

Are you doing the little hop onto the last platform yet? There's a few seconds in that, and I actually reckon it's easier than flipping up to the other platform. You just need a little bit of brake and it's almost guaranteed.
  • voices wrote:
    Are you doing the little hop onto the last platform yet? There's a few seconds in that, and I actually reckon it's easier than flipping up to the other platform. You just need a little bit of brake and it's almost guaranteed.

Yep, finally stuck it. Your move.
  • That's this evening sorted then.
  • voices wrote:
    That's this evening sorted then.

Shouldn't take you long, as I only shaved less than a second off your time. Would've been a more competitive run, but I fudged the flip over the slanted telephone poll and dropped down onto the street for an extra couple seconds (facepalm).
  • It just shows how much time there is to come from our runs, which is a good thing as it means we can keep shaving time off.

Anyway, your move. I've actually just beaten your time twice in 5-15 minutes (time is strange while playing trials, so that could be totally out). The first time I completely screwed up the bit you are talking about, as in, a nailed run is 6 seconds quicker than what I did, but took a couple of huge risks at the end which paid off (not stopping for either the scoreboard bit, or the difficult bit afterwards before the flip up) and ended up under 0.1 faster. Anyway, scrubbed the shameful run with a slightly better one, which still has plenty of room for improvement. Game on!
  • Incidentally, I do the same mess up as you did in my current run. Clipping your back wheel perfectly saves 4 seconds max, and there's so much time in the rest of the run that it doesn't make a huge difference.
  • Fuck me the extremes are a time sink. I've just spent pretty much my whole evening trying to better my Wreck time and only gone from 500ish to 250ish. Considering the effort that's gone into that, that really isn't that good. It's so much harder to get a decent ranking in the extremes than it is in everything bar the beginner tracks.

I feel like someones greased my tires; went back to Test Your Might and literally couldn't no fault Out of the Pit. Maybe I've played to much Trials today.
  • Time does fly when your trying to set a time. 3 hours spent for a 38 second run. Mad really.
  • Your move Troll. Best Trials battle ever (for me).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    G'wan chaps.

I've forgotten pretty much all the main tracks, I'm addicted to user tracks.

Get on Urapa by Offfspring voices.
  • Seems like a good track, but waaaaaaaay too long. Lots of nice shortcuts though. Careful thought has gone into it, and it's not gimicky.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yup, it's got an amazing flow when it clicks. My run is poor til the shortcut.
  • Logged a zero-fault 54-second Dark City finish in MP last night and made all my level 40-something opponents DNF. Possibly the highlight of my Trials career. No hatemail, sadly :(
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I managed to make everyone DNF on Downhill Dominator once. By fuck there are some awful riders out there.
  • I managed to make everyone DNF on Downhill Dominator once. By fuck there are some awful riders out there.

True true. That's partly why I stick to Hardcore Trials, but even then you'll get pitted against three tourists who can't clear the first obstacle on an extreme track.

Also, even though I'm still not a huge fan of Supercross, I was killing people on it last night using the Micro Donkey. That bike is kind of perfect for Supercross, oddly enough. And I feel like it shames your opponents when you dust them on that chunky little midget bike. Ha.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's partly why I stick to Hardcore Trials, but even then you'll get pitted against three tourists who can't clear the first obstacle on an extreme track.

Like me, then :D
  • That's partly why I stick to Hardcore Trials, but even then you'll get pitted against three tourists who can't clear the first obstacle on an extreme track.
    Like me, then :D

Heh, fortunately you more than make up for it in every other aspect of your game.
  • In a similar feat of awesome 'trialsing', I managed a 6:34 gigatrack last night, but got no hatemail. I even logged back in later to check.

I also managed to finish last in every race of a match later on. Faulted really badly while leading every single race. Boo :(
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've done that many times :D

It's all a good laugh, win or lose. Also, there's a giga supercross track out that's alreet.
  • I got bored this afternoon so I went through and collected all the squirrels. Almost all of them would be impossible to find unless you knew where to look!
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So all the MP leaderboards have been reset, and I can now play Hardcore Trials.

About fucking time.
  • It's still erroring for me, though I did manage 2 hardcore trials in a row.

In other news, yay, Lab Rat is mine again. Your move Dubs.

<waits for Dubs to teach a lesson in skill>
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dubs ain't got no skill, I'm sure he uses a bot ;)

I've played one Hardcore, won two races, DNF Dark City Run. I should give the Extremes a proper go but I can't be arsed. I'd have 'em all plat and 0 faulted in a couple of days.
  • They're good tracks, bar Way of the Ninja.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I hate them all, same as I did in HD. Personal preference I suppose.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!