Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    God I hate this game.
  • 31 mins played 49.755
  • Is lestrophie still the best at hd? Whys he not in the rankings for fusion?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I think he changed his name to CyberRazorCut.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Is lestrophie still the best at hd? Whys he not in the rankings for fusion?

Lestropie quit after about a year. He's nowhere near the best, Classification is the current best speedrunner, and is essentially God.
  • I beat his times but it was all offline.
  • mk64 wrote:

Lestropie quit after about a year. He's nowhere near the best, Classification is the current best speedrunner, and is essentially God.

Whys high def top then?

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    Whys high def top then?

I'm guessing you're on Xbox or PC? Global single player leaderboard means shit as FMX counts towards score and many don't bother with it. Classy as of a couple months back held around 70 cross platform world records, and literally smashes the opposition, although Wizolo is coming at him hard (see the Way of the Machine global leaderboard on PS4 for insanity).

Its generally seen as Classy + Wizolo > Borads + High Def
  • I've not played since HD and want to watch evo and fusion wrs on YouTube. Just watched classification who was pretty good. What do you recommend?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    I've not played since HD and want to watch evo and fusion wrs on YouTube. Just watched classification who was pretty good. What do you recommend?

These are all the records as of 6 months ago:

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    ALSO LADS, HALF HOUR:

Some real sloppy sections in there so I'll leave it until someone beats it.
  • Jeez - Lestropie. That's a blast from the past! 

I like to imagine that all the top trials people have serious personality disorders, which is why they can spend so much time thrashing my times/scores. It obviously doesn't have anything to do with how much better they are than me at the game.

Having said that, the number of alt accounts that got used in Evolution could mean there's some truth to it.

Lalalalala, no one can burst my bubble.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    voices wrote:
    Jeez - Lestropie. That's a blast from the past!  I like to imagine that all the top trials people have serious personality disorders, which is why they can spend so much time thrashing my times/scores. It obviously doesn't have anything to do with how much better they are than me at the game. Having said that, the number of alt accounts that got used in Evolution could mean there's some truth to it. Lalalalala, no one can burst my bubble.

The new breed are too good, all 15-21yo kids. I watch them stream on Twitch, fucking unreal.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    So I have HD and love it. (Need to play it a bit more). Which would be the 2nd game to get then? Fusion?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Gotta be Evo surely?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Haven't really looked into it so would take recommendations.
  • Evo's the standout of the series imo. Like Halo 2 to Halo, IIDX to Beatmania, SFII to SF - the first game lays out the foundations of a classic, then the second title really nails it in.

DS should chime in rather than me tho tbh.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fusion has identical gameplay to Evo, so either/or really. Fusion has the larger community for user tracks etc. Evo moved HD on massively, Fusion is basically just a continuation but with a worse theme (future/space).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    DS's vid is basically what I can nearly do, but my time is three seconds slower and there have been many crashes along the way.  About 30mins down too.
  • Fusion has identical gameplay to Evo, so either/or really. Fusion has the larger community for user tracks etc. Evo moved HD on massively, Fusion is basically just a continuation but with a worse them (future/space).

Aye it's the theme that irks me tbh, much prefer woodland and indoor motorx aesthetic to future-riff wankery. This is all said assuming we know all three games are brilliant, mechanics-wise. We're discussing which is the least best of a set of amazing games.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    DS's vid is basically what I can nearly do, but my time is three seconds slower and there have been many crashes along the way.  About 30mins down too.

It's the basically nearly the same that counts though mate.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Will prob. get Evo then. Cheers.  Need to look and see how far I got in HD though....

Reading up on Evo - it seems to have improved the difficulty curves with tutorial levels peppered throughout the game.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

It's the basically nearly the same that counts though mate.
    Cool so I'm joint winning
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

The whole section from 17 seconds to 32 seconds is horrendous :D

But that's essentially the line you need, bar two very small time saves which aren't worth it when you're on the clock.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Fusion has identical gameplay to Evo, so either/or really. Fusion has the larger community for user tracks etc. Evo moved HD on massively, Fusion is basically just a continuation but with a worse them (future/space).
    Aye it's the theme that irks me tbh, much prefer woodland and indoor motorx aesthetic to future-riff wankery. This is all said assuming we know all three games are brilliant, mechanics-wise. We're discussing which is the least best of a set of amazing games.

I agree with everything in these two posts.  Evo had Gigatrack too, and although in some ways that was a bit shit, it was still a great experience zero faulting a huge yet in terms of individual checkpoints, easy track.  All part of the learning.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Will prob. get Evo then. Cheers.  Need to look and see how far I got in HD though.... Reading up on Evo - it seems to have improved the difficulty curves with tutorial levels peppered throughout the game.

Yeah at each difficulty spike there's short tutorial sections. Also if you want to learn the even more advanced stuff (double bunny hop, squishies etc) there are custom made tracks in track central that help. Squishies are the things that save an absolute fecking ton of time if you can nail them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What the fuck is a squishy?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!