Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    They’ve certainly been banging out the exclusives

Even if m$ start buying up studios now with their $$$ it’s going to be a while before we see anything...

Depends how far along in development on any unannounced projects these studios were when they were bought.

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed the bone exclusives that I've picked up. Killer instinct is a fun fighter, gears 4 is too safe for its own good but still fun and Forza seems genuinely impressive. But as Bob says, it's not like Sony haven't got a range of exclusives and Sony's have a fresher feel.

This is true, but Microsoft have doubled their studios in the past 18 months and do seem to be very aware of their rep with exclusives. I am sure we’ll see this change soon.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Yeah sounds like they’ll be ready to drop any time soon...

They’re prepping for the next gen, obvs.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Tbf to Microsoft if they want to turn over a new leaf on exclusives they'll be targeting next gen at this point.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • If they continue to champion backwards comparability as well as they have then the new system needs to have exclusives ready as the main sell point.otherwise why bother with a new Xbox if it's just to have backwards comparability
    SFV - reddave360
  • It feels like me and Microsoft have drifted apart on exclusives.
  • Was sea of thieves the only new exclusive this gen? I'm trying to think of the Ms exclusives and they all seem to be sequels from the 360 era. And all play it safe approaches nothing like God of war.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Their triple A exclusives have been a bit boring.
    Mostly sequels to last gen games with little changing.

Both Forza lines have come into their own though to be fair.

Sea of Thieves is great if it clicks.

I feel while Crackdown has been delayed the world of open errr world has moved on. Between RDR2, BotW, Ass Odyssey etc. Its really going to have to be something special to standout.

Halo and Gears. They've had their best years now.
  • @Dave
    There was Cuphead, Ori and Sunset Overdrive as well.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Was sea of thieves the only new exclusive this gen? I'm trying to think of the Ms exclusives and they all seem to be sequels from the 360 era. And all play it safe approaches nothing like God of war.

Quantum Break, Recore, Ryse.
  • Which brings
    Me back
    To my original
    Point it’s going to
    Be a while
    Until we see anything which you argued against yoss - lol

Anyway more games and more competition is good for everyone so stand down
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Was sea of thieves the only new exclusive this gen? I'm trying to think of the Ms exclusives and they all seem to be sequels from the 360 era. And all play it safe approaches nothing like God of war.

Forgot them 3.

Recore was a let down. Bags of potential.
    Quantum not for me but others will like it.
    Ryse was shit.
  • Bob wrote:
    Which brings Me back To my original Point it’s going to Be a while Until we see anything which you argued against yoss - lol Anyway more games and more competition is good for everyone so stand down

I’ve got a tune in my head from reading this post.  Bobs clearly the new Dylan and entirely through him posting 
    From
    His Phone.
  • Mine just doesn’t get the same ring from it does it?
  • LivDiv wrote:
    @Dave
    There was Cuphead, Ori and Sunset Overdrive as well.

Didn't realise cuphead was a boner. I've seen ori on steam for so long I didn't twig it was an exclusive (I've no issue with it being on pc). I thought sunset overdrive was very disappointing when I played it but fair enough

Yossarian wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

Must check out quantum break. Ryse doesn't appeal to me and I have no idea what recore is so I'll check that put too.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I find it annoying that MS haven't had a single exclusive that's interested me this gen. I'd like to play the best version of cross platform titles with the best controller but the difference in quality isn't big enough on its own to justify a purchase.
  • I really enjoyed QB even the filmy bits.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I Just can't watch anything with Aiden Gillen (Little Finger) in. I just can't take him seriously.
  • He was good in queer as folk
    The Forum Herald™
  • Was he in that?
    Never seen it. It's GoT that ruined it. The sly looks in that just makes me laugh every time.
  • Yeah he was the main one
    The Forum Herald™
  • He was also fine in the wire.

I haven't read them books but I've been told by a few got fans that his character was pretty much ruined by the show once it hit season 3. The guy probably had no idea what the aim was.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've only read up to the fourth book. I wouldn't say ruined but definitely not as good.
    There are some important things with the character and other characters that arent given the depth in the show that they are in the books.
    In fact one of the main characters linked to him has their tale cut very short.

I can see why though, it's largely a cul de sac of a storyline that while entertaining is easily cut in the grand scheme.
  • Weirdly I've just started S4 of Peaky Blinders tonight and he's just popped up. So far he plays a twat in this too!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    He was also fine in the wire.

I haven't read them books but I've been told by a few got fans that his character was pretty much ruined by the show once it hit season 3. The guy probably had no idea what the aim was.
    Yeah they cut and switched around a few of his plotlines from the books, leading to him not having much to do and the stuff he did have didn’t make much sense.

He’s had, I think, three different accents across various seasons as well.
  • I'm not getting any xbox again, purely due to time and sticking with mainly nintendo games. Personal preference.

But if I were contemplating xbox next gen, the quality of BC support and the adaptive controller are evidence they give a shit about the user experience.

They do bring some important ideas to the market and it would be worse without them.

Unless they go cloud only and always online in which case ignore all the above.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • New Alien game coming later this month, mobile only (iOS and Android).

Alien Blackout. Link.

• Getting in on that smash ultimate/ion storm bandwagon.
  • I somehow doubt that that's the Alien game anyone has been waiting for.

ho hum

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Looks like DUSKERS but not as good, which was already the Alien game none one was waiting for (and incidentally one of the best Alien games ever, if not the best)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Resident Evil 2 demo is a neat idea. You get one shot to do it, and it's timed to 30 mins. Once that time is up, you're locked out. Apparently it is possible to complete the demo, but you have to be fast and good. If you die, you'll respawn, but you're eating into time. I like it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!