Not Yet Playing
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    NiGHTS Into Dreams HD ;-)

I will get, only reason I don't play it more on Saturn is no analogue sticks and I don't have one of those funny Dreamcast prototype pad things.

It's so much better with the Saturn analogue pad.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Playing with the Saturn D-Pad really hurts your thumb after a while, which is a shame as the games is so addictive. It's (literally) painfully addictive.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    New PC arrives on Monday, so that'll open a huge barrel of fish/can of worms.

Plenty i'm looking forward to but not playing yet...  ;)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Choke wrote:
    No, the originals. The HD versions look great though.

if youv got a ps3 i will lend you the hd collection for as long as needed, that way you get to play 2 and 3 in hd and the excellent peace walker too.
    peace walker is actually an amazing game and fills in a lot of blanks.
    (less cutscenes though if thats your bag)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    No, the originals. The HD versions look great though.
      if youv got a ps3 i will lend you the hd collection for as long as needed, that way you get to play 2 and 3 in hd and the excellent peace walker too. peace walker is actually an amazing game and fills in a lot of blanks. (less cutscenes though if thats your bag)

That's very kind of you davie but my ps3 ylod'd - hence I'm taking the opportunity to play through some ps2 classics.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I think the main game I've been meaning to get round to for ages is Tomb Raider: Aniversary. Don't know how close it is to the original, but I'm anticipating getting flashbacks of things I'd forgotten about for 15 years.
  • GTA V is currently the only game I have to play.
  • On the to-be-played list:

Fez
    SMG2
    Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Don't waste your time on Skyward Sword. Ok, maybe that's unfair - play Skyward Sword, but don't believe any claims of [10] fooling you into thinking it's going to be another OOT.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hey, LISTEN. To be fair, it is pretty damn good.
  • Yup, I love pretty much everything about it so far.
  • It's not meant to be "another OoT". Don't think anything can be. You can only have one transition between 2D and 3D. SS has better dungeons and gameplay. Just lacks a bit in the side quests and overworld department. Also, Nintendo don't seem to have learnt any usability lessons over the years when it comes to cut scenes and text speed etc.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm not yet playing Lego Batman 2 but really fancy it despite it being a 'kids game'. Just waiting for the price to come down a bit.

Sold a big box of old games to amazon today so might pick it up with the spoils.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Borderlands 2.
    Darksiders 2.
    Dishonored.
    Halo 4
    Dark souls dlc.
    Probably new hitman and splinter cell.
    Nights into dreams hd.
    Spec ops the line.

I'm possibly missing a couple, but I think that covers the next few months and post Xmas sales.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    It's not meant to be "another OoT". Don't think anything can be. You can only have one transition between 2D and 3D. SS has better dungeons and gameplay. Just lacks a bit in the side quests and overworld department. Also, Nintendo don't seem to have learnt any usability lessons over the years when it comes to cut scenes and text speed etc.

By "another OOT" I just meant something that was as compulsive. Mario Galaxy was "another 64" for me because it was just so damn good. The actual games are probably as dissimilar as two Mario platformers possibly could be.

The dungeon design is better in OOT in my opinion. They are more original, more memorable and feel more like real locations rather than just a series of clever puzzles. For all Skywards Swords innovations in gameplay, the actual game world is so dreary. It's just bog standard "Forest", "Lava" and "Desert" worlds joined together in a fairly incoherent way. There's a lot of fat to trim in it as well, a good ten hours of the game was a chore. Fucking tadtones...

Obviously there are enough people out there who disagree with me, people giving the game [10]s for example, and that's cool. Just didn't do it for me though.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Do we have a thread for Dishonored? I've only heard about it now from a mate but it looks pretty swish.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I'm waiting for a graphics card. The first thing I wanna play when I get it is a game which probably doesn't even require one. Creeper World 4. Been watching videos of it. I could easily play the previous instalment into the wee small hours.
    Anyone played this?
  • Cyberpunk 2077 obviously.
    Whenever I'll get that new pc/laptop later this year.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    They meant to have patched the major problems yet?  I'll get it eventually but it seems like it's better to wait with games like that.
  • Not sure about the situation with Cyberpunk patches.
    Not in a hurry to play it anyways as my backlog of shame is humongous.
    I'm just getting around on starting the mass effect trilogy lol.

Only ever finished 2 and now getting into 1. Ace game, time has been kind to it.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Bought the other Creeper World games because I liked the look of them. I think I had a quick 5 minute look at one and thought I'd play it when I had time for a good session. It never happened.

This one looks great, might have to buy it.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I love that there's an RTS where the enemy is a tide of purple jelly.

hunk wrote:
    I'm just getting around on starting the mass effect trilogy lol. Only ever finished 2 and now getting into 1. Ace game, time has been kind to it.
    I've got a friend who hadn't played any. Only just played the first one. I think he was underwhelmed. Had probably heard loads of hype over the years and was expecting more.
  • A lot of people in this thread aren’t on this forum anymore. That makes me sad x
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I never did get around to Hawken, but that's okay.
  • Actually, Mass Effect 1 is quite easy to bounce off on because how sprawling its universe and lore can be. To the average casual gamer it might be off putting due to the pedestrian pace and complexity of the plot. It takes a while to get going when compared to me2.
  • Got three games lined up to replay (after Astrobot: Rescue Mission and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze):

Thumper (PSVR)
    Headmaster (PSVR)
    The End is Nigh (Switch)

Replaying non retro games has been liberating and it's ridiculous that I've only really taken to it recently.
  • hunk wrote:
    Cyberpunk 2077 obviously.
    Whenever I'll get that new pc/laptop later this year.

Yea, I've only played the first hour on Series X and then got bored and did something else. I must go back
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Looking forward to Jedi Fallen Order.  I had started playing it on PS4 but the load times when I died were 40+ seconds, so I'm thinking I'll wait until I get a PS5.
  • Will go back to Ass Creed Valhalla soon, now I've got the PS5 version. The loading times and general performance were starting to become a drag before, so it really should give it a new lease of life.

And then Demon's Souls, at some point, when I decide I'm ready to fork out for it. I've got a few quid in the PSN wallet, so it's not the full sting, but I may as well leave it for now and see if it gets any kind of discount soon. Don't really have time for it immediately anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!