Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    We should all be playing RR:U online but we are all obviously stupid...
  • I would kill for another PGR game. RIP Bizarre :(
  • Didn't blur and Split Second come out the same week? And that was the same week as Red Dead?

I think they would've found more sales at a different time.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • i can imagine an F1/kart cross over that would be perfect for me...whether it would suit everyone else or is anything like codemasters intend is a different matter.
    personally, though i like F1 games and they tend to appeal to me more than other racers, i quickly 'tyre' of them, mainly because i think F1 driving is more about not making mistakes than having fun, where not memorising every braking point and having perfect fine control on the throttle will see you spin out and it's race over basically.
    quick recovery from spins, a bit of 'rubber-banding', and 'power ups' in the form of additional KERS/DRS etc could help keep races close and exciting. throw in a 'tyre wear/health' meter, which is depleted by aggressive driving (ie power sliding round corners when you go in too fast) and bumping around with other drivers, and measures the performance of your car, and you have an element of driving skill included in the game.  do you drive 'clean', keeping your health and speed in tact and try to run the whole race like that? or go super aggressive, bumping people about, powersliding round hairpins, burning up your tyres etc, hoping for a 'quick pit' powerup so you can whizz through the f-zero style pit lane...and you can have the traditional kart type attributes for the cars: high top speed, good turning (turn at higher speeds without skidding), strong for bumping, low tyre wear, etc...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Didn't blur and Split Second come out the same week? And that was the same week as Red Dead? I think they would've found more sales at a different time.

One came out the week before the other.. or a fortnight. I forget exactly.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Codemasters are surely parodying themselves with this?
  • Bob wrote:
    Well we know Blur and Split/Second didn't work out.. We know RR:U didn't work out and that MS don't see the need for another PGR at the moment.. although I would kill for a PGR2 HD download release.

Good call Bob.
  • They need to keep releasing F1 games or they'll lose the licence. But the yearly update format isn't selling well.
    So after a brainstorming session that must have lasted about 5 minutes, they've decided to do a karting game. I'd be astonished if this offers anything new.

I am prejudiced though. If its Codemasters and not point-to-point rallying, I'm not interested.
  • Does this mean there's no Formula 1 2012? I think there is going to be two F1 codie games this year.
    The Forum Herald™
  • There's one coming out in September. There doesn't seem to be much interest though and I'd imagine they'll struggle to sell the same game again. Saying that, releasing pretty much the same game can't be costing them much.
  • Monkey's first day as CEO of Codemasters

Change F1 teams release strategy - release an F1 game once every 3 years, £10 annual patches for driver and track updates. 

Separate Dirt into 2 separate games - bullshit americana and WRC.  

Order up a new micromachines. 

Hire sexy secretary.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    monkey, you're hired! Let's have a Dizzy reboot for the hell of it.

A yearly F1 release is just taking the piss (and that's from someone that loyally buys Fifa every year).
  • The problem will be that, like FIFA, they're paying for the license every year. It's doubtful that DLC on off years would cover that.
  • The problem is they made a shit, bugged F1 game the first that paid far to much attention to things no F1 fan would want. Then didn't fix it for the next game. Then wondered why we stopped buying them.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    The problem is they made a shit, bugged F1 game the first that paid far to much attention to things no F1 fan would want. Then didn't fix it for the next game. Then wondered why we stopped buying them.
    while i wouldn't agree it was shit exactly, everything else you say there is bang on.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It was 80% of a good game. But the sport is very detailed and the people that are big fans want an accurate representation of it. Codemasters are yet to deliver that. Hence I've stopeed buying it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • does the video remind anyone else of darda pull-back-car racing? The ones with the semi proper motors which could do loop the loops and stuff?

I'm still not sold on this, as with most racing games and kart games in particular (balance between real physics and arcadey floatyness) the handling will be the key. If they can get the handling right it could be good.

I'd like to see a RC car XBL type game, four to eight players view either full track or in car for lols.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • 360 Demo

I had it in my head that this wasn't out until next year, it's surely going to disappear in the Christmas rush.
  • Do not want. All my karting needs should be taken care of by LBP Karting.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Probably one to pick up cheap. Ill try the demo, but I've bought all the games I need until next year.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    The new Sonic one for my 360 karting will do nicely unless it totally bombs.
  • I have MK7 so there is no point even contemplating other karting games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Anyone tried this yet? I played the demo last night and enjoyed it more than I expected. I think it's a pretty solid kart racer, but I'm no expert here as the only kart games I have played are Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart 3DS. I only had three races, two as Button and one as Vettel. Vettel's exclamation of 'Wunderbar' when he gets a power up made me chuckle, as did Jenson's wave and 'Ta Ta' as he whizzes past people.
  • I thought it was surprisingly slow and a bit dull to play. It's not really my cup of tea anyway.
  • Did you try any of the larger engines? I didn't myself, but I'm guessing they speed the game up somewhat. It is quite dull if you're out in the lead and there are no other racer's around you, but otherwise I thought it was fine. Bearing in mind that I was expecting to hate it, I was pleasantly surprised.
  • No, the one that I tried just didn't do enough for me to carry on. I don't love F1, have kids or play split screen multi-player though, so it was always a tough sell.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, if Elliot was older I'd be all over this. He's banned from holding my control pad until he's 4...
  • I'm going to keep my eye on this, it looks fun.  But with the new Sonic karter on its way it has some compo. The last Sonic Kart was brilliant.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Aye, if Elliot was older I'd be all over this. He's banned from holding my control pad until he's 4...

Nathan started to grab my controller when I'd left it on the sofa and wasn't impressed when I took away , so I decided to give him my dodgy old controller as a toy - he sometimes sits there and presses the button and triggers
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Tried demo. Deleted. If this, Showdown and the dull F1 game is all Codemasters can offer for 2012, they're in trouble!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!