Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Anticipation and muscle memory go a long way in demoting your reaction times in most games. Requisite talent accounted for, calmness is perhaps the greatest competitive strength.

I know I'm twice as accurate in Uncharted 3 when I feel its lag isn't misbehaving.
  • Yep.  It's teaching your thinking to be as efficient as possible.  Muscle memory is useful for this, as is removing distraction and interference from thought processes, prioritising information, remaining clear-headed.
  • Have you considered prescription drugs? Adderall or whatever the FOCUS!! narc is that US students allegedly neck by the fuckload now to get owt done.
  • ...yeah, or performance-enhancing drugs.
  • Doesn't bf3 have smaller deathmatch maps? And if you're on pc do they not have private servers?

I ask because in halo its all about custom/private games to train/learn. In h2 dudes would play midship and lockout for HOURS. Br starts only. Or snipes only. If you wanted to make sure it was aiming you're working on, no grenades. Etc etc. In h3 and reach we would make simple training maps and just shoot each other for a while before going into mm.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Also, people learn and process new information in very different ways.  All this "practice" you're thinking about would only work if you're a kinaesthetic learner, who learns by doing.  I remember learning all this when I was an instructor, people have markedly different learning styles and with anything, you'll only benefit if you adjust your teaching to their learning method. 

Kinaesthetic learners need to do things, and adjust their muscle memory etc by repeated movements. You might be a visual learner or a book-led learner where studying the maps and reading about tactics might help, or watching videos etc.  Auditory learners might need to play the game with a coach telling them what to do.

You can practice single events to increase muscle responsiveness and situational reaction time, but not really much to do in the way of increasing your base reaction time.  Like people have said it's about processing the situation and then selecting a course of action, then your reaction time comes into play to action that choice.

Anyway, have a think about how you like to learn.  If someone was teaching you something at school, do you prefer to do it?  Watch them do it?  Read a textbook?  Or listen to someone describe it?
  • I don't think practice would have much benefit in BF3, it's not like Halo or even BC2 where you're looking for head-shots to put the other player down before he puts you down. It's a much more instant - see enemy, aim, fire - encounter over one way or the other.

Understanding how the weapons and attachments work and knowing your way around the map and the mini-map is much more important.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!