Frozen Synapse
  • ... to which end, shall we have a time limit on games?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why does the video have to have outcome written in big stupid letters across the screen so you can't see anything?
  • I have no idea , never used to.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It happens during the game too. Big stupid letters obscure what's happening.
  • Ok, Chaz can't play until after the weekend so I've booted him out.  However, Vastik, it now appears to have put you in a game versus no-one, so I think the tournament might be corrupt.  Let me know what it looks like to you when you log in, it looks like it's waiting to pair you up against the winner of a game with no-one in it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What tournament?
  • The tournament we started before.... oh, shall I just bin it and start another one with all the people who're playing now?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I doesn't matter. I trashed you. I win at everything. I AM THE BEST YES!
  • I'm pretty sure I won 3 to your 1, but still.  I'll re-enable the tournament as I doubt anyone's started playing properly, and I'll assume everyone on the forum wants to play?

If someone doesn't at least acknowledge that their game exists, then I'll bin it after 2 days.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm here - Kaz and I were about to play :( :( :(
  • Off you go then! :)

Even if I try to start another tournament I won't bin the other one.  We'll just need to see how it goes.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Vastik wrote:
    2nd move made, no casualties on either side so far!
    Come on you 2, get it finished so the rest of us can actually play!
    I made my 2nd move, waiting for Wookie!
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Ok, Chaz can't play until after the weekend so I've booted him out.  However, Vastik, it now appears to have put you in a game versus no-one, so I think the tournament might be corrupt.  Let me know what it looks like to you when you log in, it looks like it's waiting to pair you up against the winner of a game with no-one in it.
    Oh. Start again!
  • I killed wookie off, you should be through to the next round... but I think it's borked.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    I killed wookie off, you should be through to the next round... but I think it's borked.
    Hmm, the game we were playing still exists, still says waiting for opponent's move. 
    Is anyone else able to start their game? Think you're right about it being borked.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Somebody called JustGo started a game with me. Is that somebody from here?
  • Yea, sorry chaps. Tried to play all Wednesday evening when I was off but it wouldn't let me sign in past move 2. I'm afraid I'm out as I'm away at the gf's until Sunday night. Seems like im rarely at home lately other than just to sleep or pick up a fresh shirt. Bring on the iPad version so I can play on the go! 

Apologies for screwing up the tourney everyone. Hope you can just boot me out and start fresh?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow wrote:
    Somebody called JustGo started a game with me. Is that somebody from here?

Probably bot, is the light in the lower left corner red, yellow or green? If it's anything but red, people can invite you.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh.

Did you mean bot, or not?
  • I empathize with wookie's plight.
  • Kow wrote:
    Oh.

Did you mean bot, or not?

Not, stupid phone.
  • Yea, sorry chaps. Tried to play all Wednesday evening when I was off but it wouldn't let me sign in past move 2. I'm afraid I'm out as I'm away at the gf's until Sunday night. Seems like im rarely at home lately other than just to sleep or pick up a fresh shirt. Bring on the iPad version so I can play on the go!  Apologies for screwing up the tourney everyone. Hope you can just boot me out and start fresh?

You have a laptop!
  • Erm.... Good point
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Is it too late to enter the tournament?

also thanks for adding me to the OP, feel free to send me a challenge folks, I'm installing this again tonight.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Is it too late to enter the tournament? also thanks for adding me to the OP, feel free to send me a challenge folks, I'm installing this again tonight.

Too late for the first one, but it looks like it's Harry von Borkfish anyway.

ScreenShot2012-07-21at095020.png

Like you can see, there's a phantom game with no players at the top of the bracket, and Vastik's waiting for the winner of that to come along so he can play them.  Typically, this has rendered the tournament knackered after I registered my first win in ages against my old tournament nemesis, Shinji, so I'm particularly happy about restarting it....!

I'm going to throw another tourney together with all the forum people who're in the OP.  If they don't play after a couple of days, I'll just declare whoever did play the winner from the tournament director's panel thing and move on.
  • NEW TOURNAMENT BEGINS!

Best of luck to people trying to finish the old one, it won't work because of the non-existent players.  I worked out my error; it seems when you're adding participants, it sometimes adds a blank person as well, and if you don't delete them they take up a space in the bracket.

The B&B Tourney 2 has started, and it actually will work.  It's normal 8-turn dark extermination (i.e. the standard game) for all rounds, but we have one mutator running called Focus Aim.

The point of Focus Aim is to eliminate camping.  As you'll know, FS decides who wins a fight with some simple rules (shotgun beats rifle close, rifle beats shotgun far; but aiming, ducking and cover all add modifiers to give you an advantage if it's the same weapon), so if you're ducked, aiming, behind cover somewhere you can be VERY difficult to flush out.

However, with Focus Aim enabled, if you walk round a corner while aiming at the exact spot where the camper is, you'll get a massive bonus and always win.  But you have to know where the camper is, and make sure that the aim point you pick is correct.

Anyway, it doesn't change the way the game's played, but it's active in case.
  • Good stuff dude, looking forward to it :)

What server or does it not matter these days?
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Good stuff dude, looking forward to it :) What server or does it not matter these days?

Just the UK one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!