Ask the Bear & Badger
  • I have, but all the details seem hidden away. I essentially want to know how I go about finding out what information has been leaked, and then how I apply for compensation, but the ICO site doesn't seem to have those details easily available.

Can you use an FOI request to gain that info and send it to ICO as a complaint?

The other thing is to contact them directly with concern on a breach of your data. If they don't respond to that then there's something solid to report to ICO.

But thinking about it, the people affected by the breach should be informed about the breach. Not that I'd trust no communication to be a good sign, but perhaps some formal notification will arrive soon.
  • What’s this leakage about then. Does it affect others here?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Probably not me then.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Elm I think
  • Is it related to the parking ticket war?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is it related to the parking ticket war?

No, although that is still rumbling on. Court in June (or maybe July, I should probably read the letter again), but the claimant was supposed to have submitted their documents to me by the end of March. Neither I or the court have received anything from them so I have a feeling they are planning on discontinuing.
  • Fingers crossed for the win.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just rang the court this morning as I still hadn't received the claimants documents. Apparently they filed to discontinue the claim 22nd April. They were supposed to tell me but obviously they couldn't be bothered. But that's it. Done and dusted. Fuck you Civil Enforcement Ltd.
  • Get in mate! I admire your tenacity  :D
  • Wayhay!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cheers all. It's clear to me now that it's just an intimidation racket and a numbers game. They try and bully people with threats of CCJs and hope people cave to the pressure and pay up. If you refuse to budge and demonstrate a willingness and competency to defend the claim it's not worth their time or money and they'll drop it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cheers all. It's clear to me now that it's just an intimidation racket and a numbers game. They try and bully people with threats of CCJs and hope people cave to the pressure and pay up. If you refuse to budge and demonstrate a willingness and competency to defend the claim it's not worth their time or money and they'll drop it.

Correct.  The whole lot of them are a parcel of cunts.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Anyone have any suggestions on how to recharge yet another Samsung Galaxy phone that ignores the USB-C cable? Fucking done with these things.

No, it doesn't support wireless charging.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ugh I've had multiple phones with similar bs. No advice in afraid - what I read was clearing dust etc but it never seemed to make a difference.

My latest phone thankfully does have worked charging, so I just keep a little dust blocker in the connector bit and life is much easier. But that obviously doesn't help you very much...
  • Dust blocker. That's what I should have been using all these years. Thanks Muzz.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to recharge yet another Samsung Galaxy phone that ignores the USB-C cable? Fucking done with these things. No, it doesn't support wireless charging.

I assume it's a built in battery?
  • I've found isopropyl alcohol and a gentle clean with a toothbrush have sorted dodgy phone ports.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is that what WD40 contact cleaner is?

I was going to mention that as it's supposed to be safe for electronics. USB-C is better than the older types but the ports are dust magnets
  • Is that what WD40 contact cleaner is? I was going to mention that as it's supposed to be safe for electronics. USB-C is better than the older types but the ports are dust magnets

I think Syph is an anti contact cleaner snob, but i've always just gone in with the stuff. Analogue drift? contact cleaner. Something not charging? Contact cleaner. Someone knocks on your door? Contact cleaner in their eyes.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I use a very thin pair of nail scissors and dig right into the port with them, seriously. Or use a pin. It doesn't do any damage and you really need to dig in there around the connector to get the dust out. You'll be surprised by how much packed in lint comes out. Cable always works perfectly afterwards.
  • OK, thanks folks. I'll give those ideas a try.
  • A pin has done the trick. Amazing. Thanks Kow.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The appliance of science! Or sharp pointy things.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!