Assassin's Creed
  • Yup. My boy got fifa this year but most of his peers have stuck with Fornite only.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah the general consensus though was that that doesn’t account for the full drop off. Same thinking and percentages on this years fifa. I’ll blame fortnite for Fifa sales drop off and just general apathy for a series run into the ground for AC downturns.

Origins was massive though wasn't it? Pretty sure a lot of people won't be ready for more AC just yet.
  • Bob wrote:
    I'm starting to have a bit of fun now exploring the world. There's a lot of Witcher 3 style ? and they lead to little events and explorations that result in Xp and new equipment to mull over. I'm getting hunted by a level 5 bounty hunter and he kicked my ass in two hits when I was level one. Now I'm level 4 and contemplating a re-match.. when I've explored this sunken cave just in case there's a nice level 4 set of armour that might help.

I restarted Witcher 3 recently so that gives me a semi, but I don't like the sound of the floaty character movement and a stream I saw made the combat look shite.

I really like the look of the world and the ship stuff though. I'll get it at some point but I think I'll stick with W3 until RDR2 takes over my life.

I read an interesting article over at Kotaku about an assassin build so
    I’m focusing on stabby stealthy not fighty I’ll let you know how it goes
    The Forum Herald™
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Yeah the general consensus though was that that doesn’t account for the full drop off. Same thinking and percentages on this years fifa. I’ll blame fortnite for Fifa sales drop off and just general apathy for a series run into the ground for AC downturns.
    Origins was massive though wasn't it? Pretty sure a lot of people won't be ready for more AC just yet.

It's fucking huge! I've been playing since feb/March and still not done!
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • That sounds terrible.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • For sure they should do one every other year. This ones just as huge
    The Forum Herald™
  • Now I’ve unlocked a few perks the combat is getting better.

There’s a cool one that allows you to throw your assassin blade and then chain a kill allowing you to take out two baddies stealthily from a distance and there’s one that allows you to regen health from stamina

I’ve also Been engraving my weapons and upgrading them

Oh and Spartan kick is great for crowd control
    The Forum Herald™
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Like the setting and having fun with the game systems, it's my first AC game so it's all new to me. However, there is no getting away from the fact that the game is build around selling you that fucking permanent XP boost. I'm no stranger to grind in games but it's quite obvious in AC: Odyssey.
  • There's plenty of XP to be had if you explore fully and find everything in each location.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Turns out world wide it’s the biggest launch week sales on current gen
    The Forum Herald™
  • Argggh! I can its siren call! Must...resist....  Love me an open world game and the lure of this one is proving great.  But Read Dead 2 and Fallout 76 out soon means it'd be madness to buy this one too.  Surely?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Surely.
    Get schwifty.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's quite good, only around 10 hours in but it's a decent game.
  • Put that on the back of your box!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Glad to read their bringing a discovery tour mode to this one also. They implemented it really well in Origins  - probably my favourite bit.

I like the look and > RPG-ness of Odyssey but still have a LOT to get done in Egypt first.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I don't get that mode, it still tells me where to go?
  • It's a combat free history tour mode. You go from station to station in the game-world and learn about an event / piece of architecture /cultural practices etc.

Might not be in the game yet. With Origins it came along in a free update months after release.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sorry I think I am getting it confused with exploration mode. ;)
  • The XP progression thing isn't quite so annoying as it was in Origins but it's still fairly annoying.

Combined with some vague side missions (destroy x amount of this) I'd hit a wall with progress as the next section is a big battle and I'm not quite levelled up enough.

Anyway lots of wandering around later and I'm back on track.. it is quite annoying that so much of the stuff is to higher level.. there's got to be a better way of doing things.

Did a Romance and it's more Mass Effect than The Witcher.. in fact it just fades to black and skips to after.. so that's nice.

Can't seem to map more than four powers either.. which makes me wonder why you have so many.

Also as beautiful as it all is it's all a bit samey.. 3 of the five 'towers' have been identical temples.

Still I'm enjoying it. It's much easier to be stealthy than it was in Origins and I like the one on one combat. Not sure about having to press two buttons for parry though.

Still it is fucking massive.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    yarring this cos am scum, lets see
  • Bored at work so I know what will cheer me up, a quick trip to GAME to pick up a new title that I'll play for a few hours before realising it's not for me
    It'll be like God of War all over again.
  • Yeah man stick with it it’s like Zelda BoW but good.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Bored at work so I know what will cheer me up, a quick trip to GAME to pick up a new title that I'll play for a few hours before realising it's not for me It'll be like God of War all over again.

So basically one of the best games of the year? Gotcha.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • There's more than a whiff of God of War.. I think that's just modern video games trying to be all things to all people.
    The Forum Herald™
  • If this latest Ass Creed had used a Nordic setting like GoW, it would have been a day one purchase for me.   But I guess they thought that Santa Monica had already cornered that market.  But I hope Odyssey, with its open world, delivers a bigger sense of freedom than GoW's closed environs.
  • It does. God of War didn't feel particularly open world to me.. it was clearly levels stitched together.

This has a massive scope.. I'll try and get some screen shots tonight.

I was trying to get one of some mad bint chasing me over the rooftops with a mop.. but there was a delay in the screenshot button working and I got killed... by a woman with a broom.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Maybe she was a witch
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Reminded me which I hate Ass Creed. Looks fucking stunning maxed out on PC, climb anywhere is cool but gameplay/combat, story, voice acting, characters are all arse. Admittedly I only gave it four hours but that was enough, not for me.
  • They have at least fixed that thing where you used to run up a wall and then turn around and jump back off again ...

The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!