Assassin's Creed
  • Could
    Be worse
    Could
    Be youd played
    Odyssey
    The Forum Herald™
  • Is that a Haiku Bob?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I’m the haiku
    Master if. 
    You want me
    To be
    Haiku
    The Forum Herald™
  • I was burnt out on this game before I even left Norway.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I’m really stuck.

Tried again last night and other than a few raids, a couple of view points and the tasks which are given at the start of the game (kill the bad guys, expand the village and the contracts) I’ve done everything and there’s no clear way for me to proceed.

I tried to have a look at a couple of guides last night and I ended up seeing some major spoilers, so I had to stop looking.
  • Oh man that sucks. I’m sure you’ve looked but it isn’t buried in that initial missions category is it as loads get chucked in there. Or one of the missions in one of the ‘other’ worlds?

Put about 50 hours in now and I am really enjoying it, but like the others it can be so, so slow. Gotta have other things to play as sometimes it’s just too much.
  • Well lads I’m back to England on this ...and at a much higher level than I was in the last one at this point still a fair bit go to catch back up but done it in about half the time Haha
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I've decided that I'm going to try and finish all of the "order" missions; hopefully that will bring the game to its conclusion.

I'm at level ~223 and I've sunken a good few hours into the game now.  I've really enjoyed it, but it is starting to draw out.....really wish it was a little clearer in how to finish the main story and get a end sequence.
  • I've decided that I'm going to try and finish all of the "order" missions; hopefully that will bring the game to its conclusion.

I'm at level ~223 and I've sunken a good few hours into the game now.  I've really enjoyed it, but it is starting to draw out.....really wish it was a little clearer in how to finish the main story and get a end sequence.

I’m about 200 now and I was really hoping the main storyline was close to conclusion. I’m enjoying it, it’s absolutely stunning, and it’s very good, but I’d be happy to finish it soon.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I noticed you mentioned in another thread that you’ve finished Valhalla Verecocha - congratulations!

How did you manage it? Did you have to complete the missions you get at the beginning? Killing all of the order folks, getting the village to level 6 and 10 contracts?
  • I actually left those 3, I’d just completely had enough by then. Terrific game but I was totally done. The modern day sections at the end dampened the ending for me so when it let me re-enter the animus and go back to Eivor I think it was just those 3 I had remaining but I’d had my fill!
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I don’t get it then!

I’ve only got those three missions to complete and a few raids and the second mission in the dream land and that is it. 

I’m assuming that there is a end sequence which is substantial enough for me not to have missed it?!
  • Ok, so, what’s the last main story mission you’ve done?
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    You know I’m not sure; suspect it was one of the alliance map thingies. 

I’ll take a screenshot of my map later on and will post it here. 

Out of interest, how do I upload photos here?!
  • I use https://vgy.me/ to upload then link.

Show me the map and I’ll see. For me it was getting an alliance with every area on the map, the two additional areas it drops in below as you progress, and I did the extra missions in Jotunheim and Valhalla. Bit odd as there’s no climax in terms of gaining alliances with ANYONE!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I actually left those 3, I’d just completely had enough by then. Terrific game but I was totally done. The modern day sections at the end dampened the ending for me so when it let me re-enter the animus and go back to Eivor I think it was just those 3 I had remaining but I’d had my fill!

I cant believe they are still doing the modern day stuff. Does anybody like those bits?
  • It’s so odd and unnecessary, especially to the degree they do them. But there are a lot less in this than in Odyssey.
  • Odyssey didn't have those shit 'glitch in the system' mini events scattered on the world map though.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Odyssey didn't have those shit 'glitch in the system' mini events scattered on the world map though.

You can ignore those though...
  • Somehow Ass Creed, Hitman and God of War are three series that i can think of, that have just passed me by. Never played any.

Whats the best recent within last few years Ass Creed to play?
  • For my money, I'd say Odyssey. Better protagonist, ship combat gives a much needed break from land based activities, overall better melee combat too. Mercenary system and Conquest Battles were boss. 

Valhalla is not a bad game per se, but it feels like a backward step from Odyssey (combat feels so floaty and inconsequential at times)
  • Definitely odyssey don’t fall for anyone telling you it’s origins cos it really ain’t
    The Forum Herald™
  • Or black flag if you want the traditional ass Creed experience
    The Forum Herald™
  • Odyssey, 100%. Played and finished Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla. Enjoyed Valhalla, to a lesser degree enjoyed Origins, the 100 or so hours I put in Odyssey were some of the best of last Gen for me.
  • Finished Valhalla last night. 

As an AC game it's a weird one - you're never really an assassin, and I was so OP most of the time that it felt clear the game preferred me just to walk in and smash things.  (I picked up the Yngling Seax dagger right near the start which renders nearly every battle trivial once you've nailed the dodge mechanic.)

None the less, I enjoyed it - particularly the not historically or geographically accurate tour of England.  (Revisiting my home town to find it on the wring side of the river, and mostly on fire was amusing).  It feels more structured than Odyssey was - and whilst I think Odyssey was the better game, Valhalla actually managed to keep me engaged until the end, whereas Odyssey eventually lost me.

Speaking of the end...
    Spoiler:
    If it wasn't such a massive spoiler, I feel like games journalists would have written reams about this.
  • I haven't read your spoiler but looking forward to an interesting ending.

I'm currently 78hrs in (which is mental amount of time for me) and have only one more area (I think) to claim.

I've been hooked though, it's my first AC game and I'm amazed at how well it all hangs together tbh. All the stories arcs I've found quite engaging, the world they've created is varied enough and very pretty and whilst I struggled with early battles I'm now a proper viking badass (level 250ish) and can weigh in to pretty much anything.

I am looking forward to completing it though as I want to move on to Cyberpunk, but I still want to get...
    Spoiler:
    which looking at the guides the first of which looks doable.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I started Valhalla a few days back. I tried Odyssey on three separate occasions and each time bounced off it pretty quickly. This one, I think, has me hooked in. It took me ten hours just to get to England, which was surprising. Could be in for the long haul.
    Get schwifty.
  • Saw a post on Reddit earlier where someone was showing they'd 100% achievements from every AC. I've definitely liked some but couldn't get on with others so can't imagine the perseverance needed to do that.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • @Raiziel. Glad you're enjoying it but I must confess I had exactly the opposite experience. Gorged myself silly on Odyssey and was really looking forward to an extra slice of AC with Valhalla, but I found it inferior in virtually every department to its Greek counterpart.

Replacing Odyssey's loot system with specific gear sets instead didn't make the rewards more meaningful, it just lead to to a paucity of equippable items. You're stuck with merely upgrading the gear sets instead which means constantly gathering resources which was very tedious.

Valhalla replaced Odyssey's Conquest Battles with Monastery Raids, but the latter lacked the swingometer depicting how quickly the tide of battle could change, so there was no sense of urgency at all. Worst still ( always a problem with this series, but magnified tenfold here) you couldn't assault any NPC's during these Raids. What's a Viking if he can't use and abuse some terrified clergyman?

Gone too was Odyssey's brilliant mercenary system, replaced by silly Big Knights that wandered aimlessly around the land. And paddling around England's proto-canal system in your little Viking sailboat boat was no substitute for the grand splendor of crashing through the Ocean waves with your Greek Trireme

The one thing that Valhalla improved upon was the side quests that you find scattered around the land. Each was bespoke and typically had a little parable attached to it - a vast improvement on Odyssey's boring fetch quests.
  • I loved facing off against the knights to be fair, it was a memorable highlight of the game for me. They all had different attack patterns and some of them posed a decent challenge.

I had a lot of fun overall with it. This was my first AC though so I didn't have anything to compare it too.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!