The TV you like thread
  • AJ wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Just finished some Dirk Gently. Quite an enjoyable romp. Peculiar given how perturbing increasingly wizened man child/homunculus Frodo is.

Dirk Gently is the nuts. It's a real pity there'll be no more.

Cancelled or did it end? I haven't watched the new season yet but I really got into the last one. I like how Frodo has his own horror production company. Using his fame for good!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    It's a funny one that. I know I read the book when it came out, but I couldn't tell you one thing about it, and nothing in that trailer rings any bells either. Looks decent enough though.

Yar, same. I enjoyed the book years ago but if that trailer wasn't called Good Omens I'd have no idea what it was.

• AJ wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Just finished some Dirk Gently. Quite an enjoyable romp. Peculiar given how perturbing increasingly wizened man child/homunculus Frodo is.

Cancelled or did it end? I haven't watched the new season yet but I really got into the last one. I like how Frodo has his own horror production company. Using his fame for good!

It was set up for a third season but didn't get it, there's no coming back from that as I understand it.
  • New normal walking dead is back. Ok first ep
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Book definitely stands up btw. I reread it a while back.

Clearly half STP half NG.
  • mk64 wrote:
    New normal walking dead is back. Ok first ep
    I thought it was dreadful, but that's par for the course really.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Just finished Atypical. Found it extremely agreeable as did mrs halfgone. Hope it gets a 3rd season.

Had a little trouble imagining Jennifer Jason Leighs current face in that scene from single white female but soon got over it.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I’m now subscribing to Britbox, a terrible name for sure, a BBC/ITV overseas streaming service. Watched Inside No. 9, not what I was expecting at all, always love an anthology series, and the first two episodes was a great start.

They also offer Piers Morgan on This Morning and royal docs which are a hard no from me. They have all of Cracker and Jeremy Brett’s Sherlock Holmes, which will keep me subscribing for a while.
    Things can only get better.
  • g.man wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    New normal walking dead is back. Ok first ep
    I thought it was dreadful, but that's par for the course really.

did you like any of the last series? 

do you plan to watch all of this series? 

Lots of people complain about twd but keep watching it! lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yup. I'm one of them.
    I watched all of the last series. It was garbage.
    I plan to watch this series in the hope that it will not be garbage.

I suspect it will be garbage

g.man
  • I feel like for the entire time i've been on this forum, people have been in here complaining about TWD being shit, but that they'll still watch it...
    MK's "ok first ep" is the most positive thing i remember seeing in here! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Some of us thought it was so shit we actually stopped watching it.
  • What sort of madness is that?!
  • I think I gave up on series 5. Maybe 6.

Either way, I'm not going back.
  • Not quite the same, but I wish I'd stuck with Sons of Anarchy for a bit longer.  I ditched it at the end of season two so I missed the one set in Ireland.
  • I also saw the final episode, which was glorious.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think I gave up on series 5. Maybe 6.

I think S5 is definitely where things started to go wrong with the show.

I’m only up to S7 at the moment. I don’t know if I’ve got the stamina for another season of Negan droning on and on and on.
    Get schwifty.
  • Season 8 is legit torture.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:

S2 is even more bonkers, I loved it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Not quite the same, but I wish I'd stuck with Sons of Anarchy for a bit longer.  I ditched it at the end of season two so I missed the one set in Ireland.

It sounds like you stopped at precisely the right time.

TBH, I kind of wish I’d stopped SoA at the end of season 1, I don’t think it ever reached those heights again.
  • I think I gave up on series 5. Maybe 6.

Yep, me too. I actually only gave up cos it disappeared off catch up. But still...
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Not quite the same, but I wish I'd stuck with Sons of Anarchy for a bit longer.  I ditched it at the end of season two so I missed the one set in Ireland.

That series was fucking dreadful. It was like all of the worst Irish accents in Hollywood history in one place. I gave up on SoA at season 5 and regret wasting that much time. Read up on the last couple of series on a wiki to satisfy my curiosity and also convinced me I made the right decision.
  • FWIW I like the walking dead and I think fear the walking dead is starting to peak. Some eps are worse than others but still more enjoyable than other stuff.

I’ve read they want to do another 6-7 series
  • I don't see the point of doing it 
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't see the point of doing it 
    Spoiler:

Agree with that.
    Spoiler:

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh did someone mentioned TWD being back? Will have to watch so I can continue to complain about how shit it is. The concept is so good, the world is great, but my god some of the ridiculous situations the gang get into and the desire to keep certain characters alive is what let's the show down.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve got my fingers crossed for a zombie shark which needs to be hurdled this year.
  • Cosby wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

That series was fucking dreadful. It was like all of the worst Irish accents in Hollywood history in one place. I gave up on SoA at season 5 and regret wasting that much time. Read up on the last couple of series on a wiki to satisfy my curiosity and also convinced me I made the right decision.

All reasons why I regret not sticking around for one more. I heard they even added fiddles to the theme tune.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I’ve got my fingers crossed for a zombie shark which needs to be hurdled this year.

That sounds tame for the writers of this show.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!