Felt with an extra half hour to build to it it would've been more effective
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There were enough moments there to sustain me for the half hour, but it wasn’t one of their best, no.
  • That was good fun. Fair play for playing with the concept so confidently but the actual ‘horror’ was pretty poor.

Wildly inventive and I liked the humour in it, particularly the Black Mirror reference.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I was about to switch off and go to bed. As it turns out I wouldn’t have missed much if I had. I did enjoy that they got me at the beginning, though.
    Get schwifty.
  • it was obvious mon lads

Yup. Like as soon as they announced a live show obvious.

Did they do anything clever with it? Personally, I was expecting something involving the "death" of one of the actors.
  • I thought it was poor.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Finished Haunting of Hill House. I thought it was kind of good? Certainly okay enough of a mystery to keep me hooked but overall unsatisfactory.
    Spoiler:
  • Anyone else watched the second part of 'Making A Murderer'? If so, are you also filled with incandescent rage at the sheer stupidity and corruption of the system?

What a ridiculous race we are.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I'm halfway through the first series.  As expected, it's very good.  The plan is to go straight into the second one.
  • Prepare for RAGE.
  • Jaco wrote:
    are you also filled with incandescent rage at the sheer stupidity and corruption of the system?

What a ridiculous race we are.

Are these not everyone's baseline feelings without watching the programme? Because they fucking well should be.
  • Yes, they should be.
  • There's rage, but there's also a drinking game in there. Or at least a wager....

Avery's new lawyer.....

Here's the question:
    Spoiler:
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • All three, I'd say.

I think she's amazing, but she also gives me the severe heebies.
  • All three, I'd say. I think she's amazing, but she also gives me the severe heebies.

This.

Wouldn't want to mess with her, she's one very bright, very tough lady.
  • Was forced to watch Dr Who last night and although I find the new actress who plays the part quite watchable the script was utter pap...still.  I thought they had changed writers?  But it was still the same old garbage.  
    Spoiler:

Still it was nice to see Big from Sex in the City had fallen on hard times. And can someone explain to me why Bradley Walsh has been cast as an assistant? What demographic is he supposed to be cater for? The gammons?

Why is it these new Dr Who's always have a team of assistants around them? What happened to the days of just having one companion. Like Ace. Ace was boss.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Pretty sure multiple assistants goes way back.
  • Am I the only person in Britain that, even as a kid, thought Dr Who was complete and utter tosh?
  • Confirmed: I am the only sane person in the country.
  • It's not too bad, as far as kids shows go, but it's nothing special.
  • I'm with you, Jim. It's utter shite and always has been. Beeb got lucky with castings and have been milking it for the past decade or so.
  • I just never got the hype. It's poorly / hammily acted, with shonky scripts, crappy effects / sets and either boringly predictable or weirdly (and not in a good way) surreal plots. And everyone bangs on about it being scary, but it's about as scary as a weekend break in Perranporth.

And daleks are crap.

[/rant]
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    Am I the only person in Britain that, even as a kid, thought Dr Who was complete and utter tosh?

I kinda enjoyed it as a kid. I remember there being a sinister element to those old episodes. But I just do not get why adults are still watching it.
    Get schwifty.
  • I grew up with Peter Davidson.  Probably the blandest of the old Dr Who's.  But the show provided me with some of the scariest TV memories ever. Vividly remember the one about a space snake cult. Brrrrrrrrr.

These new ones just can't compete with nostalgia.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I quite liked the latest Doctor Who, amazes me a quite placid show causes so much anger. Those spiders were horribly well done.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    amazes me a quite placid show causes so much anger.

Not anger, just frustrated amazement at the plaudits and praise it gets. From the media, hype and viewing figures, you'd think it was the greatest sci-fi show ever made. When are we going to get some properly decent sci-fi TV (that's not from Netflix or Amazon)?

I'd love to see a lavish TV adaptation of Dune or Foundation. The last really great BBC sci-fi/fantasy TV series I can remember is Gormenghast. And that was years ago.
  • Had no idea the BBC did an adaptation of that.  A quick google reveals that Neil Gaiman is doing another one (also for TV).
  • I thought Who was great when I was a kid. Used to read the books and everything.

Why adults want to watch it now I've no idea.
  • It's a kids show that's generally rubbish, but produces a gem every so often. Like Top Gear, it's hyped beyond all reason because the beeb can sell it abroad and it rekindles forty year out of date ideas about British TV being good or better than the yanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!