Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    And there you have it.
  • I hear the plot has a lot of layers to it.
  • Yeah but each episode gets shorter and shorter.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    FAKE REVIEWS
  • Kow wrote:
    Russian Doll is really annoying shit.

I’m gonna say the first 10 minutes didn’t grab combined with the fact the same woman wrote produced directed elected to star in it and probably made the tea.. not a sign of quality.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If someone else could please finish Nightflyers so we can laugh at it together then that would be grand.

Almost every single sci-fi trope rolled out at random, like they sat down with some scenes and ideas from other sources and couldn't decide which ones they liked best so just went with the lot.

Don't click until you've finished it all:
    Spoiler:

But once you have finished it, open that spoiler up and tell me with a straight face that it's a good bit of writing and you've enjoyed seeing it all play out.
  • poprock wrote:
    Russian Doll looks ace. Friends who have binged it already seem to be dividing neatly into love/hate camps. No middle ground. To me, that’s a promising sign.
    I've watched half of it so far. I think it's quite good.

And the main character is an acquired taste for sure, but it's pretty much the same one she plays in Orange Is the New Black, so I'm used to it.
  • I'll give Russian doll a crack. That chick's great in oitnb.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • djchump wrote:
    trailer

Well that's well timed for me, I only saw the film last week. Of course Matt Berry's in it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have been battered arse-backwards by the flu since the weekend so have been catching on on some box sets. In order:

Gotham season 4 (? the latest one on Netflix). Pretty weak even by the low standards I hold for Gotham and considering the fact that I was probably at my illest when watching it so should my critical faculties weren't exactly at their greatest. Biggest problem, I think, is what they've done with the Joker beyond the poor casting. Ah well.

The End of the Fucking World. This took a little while to find itself but at eight 22 minute episodes, probably less long than most of your prestige dramas do. By the end, I was utterly sold on the whole thing. 

Hap and Leonard seasons 2 and 3. I watched season one ages ago, I've been meaning to watch these for a while but only just got around to it. G is right when he says that these improve as they go on. These two seasons are about as good an exploration of racial prejudice in the southern States as I've ever seen. Great performances from Purefoy and Williams too.

Russian Doll like a parallel universe Nicky from OITNB in which she was able to handle her demons, stay out of prison and live her best life (despite her baggage), wrapped in humour, pathos and a mind-melting plot. Excellent stuff.

I'm currently halfway through Happy which I'm having fun with so far.

Back to binging from my sickbed.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Loved The End of the Fucking World.
    Get schwifty.
  • Get well soon Yoss.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Loved The End of the Fucking World.

Only got about half way through.. Should probably try and finish it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • But if you don't, it's not the en... wait.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Get well soon Yoss.

Cheers.
  • Just finished killing eve.

Disappointing end after pretty much going down hill in the last three episodes
    The Forum Herald™
  • If someone else could please finish Nightflyers so we can laugh at it together then that would be grand.

Almost every single sci-fi trope rolled out at random, like they sat down with some scenes and ideas from other sources and couldn't decide which ones they liked best so just went with the lot.

Don't click until you've finished it all:
    Spoiler:

But once you have finished it, open that spoiler up and tell me with a straight face that it's a good bit of writing and you've enjoyed seeing it all play out.

Watched epsiode 1,thought it was dreadful crap. Clicked the spoiler, now i dont need to watch the rest of this awful show. Shame it could have been so very good.
  • This Russian doll thing is getting better second episode done and I’m intrigued and I’ve laughed once
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Just finished killing eve. Disappointing end after pretty much going down hill in the last three episodes

Wha???
  • Killing Eve had a good first episode and it was all downhill from there. Whatever episode it was where
    Spoiler:
    Anyway that was astonishingly shite.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm rewatching Altered Carbon. Ortega is still unbelievably hot.
  • I'm rewatching Altered Carbon. Ortega is still unbelievably hot.
    When you google that and get a footballer
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don’t know how you have time to rewatch stuff. I’ve spent the past 4 days in bed binge watching stuff from my backlog and still can think of at least half a dozen more series I want to get through before starting Star Trek Voyager.
  • Shit how do I keep forgetting voyager? I’m
    Literally watching this Russian doll thing
    The Forum Herald™
  • Wife started watching Russian Doll last night.  I was half watching, but interested enough to ask her to wait for me to watch the rest.  The lead is one of the American Pie girls, right?
  • She was in it,
    The Forum Herald™
  • Second chuckle, plus it is interesting. Episode 6
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Finished Happy, great fun, it felt tonally very Preacher, which is no bad thing in itself but it’s a bit odd how these quote offbeat and original shows are starting to find echoes elsewhere. Possibly a bit of a spoiler if you haven’t finished Russian Doll yet, but by the end of that it really reminded me of

Spoiler:

I also had a weird sense of deja vu while watching it but can’t quite place my finger on why. The bit where

Spoiler:

I also blew through the Netflix Bundy doco in one sitting. I’ve always known his name and the fact that he was a serial killer, of course, but there was a whole lot more to the story than I knew. You can see where some of the inspiration for Hannibal Lecter came from as well. Well worth a watch if you aren’t familiar with him.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!