The TV you like thread
  • Latest episode of Billions was an absolute belter. Tied up all the storylines I was expecting to run for the whole season – and it was only episode three. Can’t wait to see how the hell it escalates from here.
  • JonB wrote:
    Last 2 episodes short enough to have been 1.

I like the approach they took to it overall, that it didn't feel a need to explain everything or go into backstories, but perhaps in the end it's a little too sparse for its own good. Some understanding of why the thing happened in episode 6 would've been nice.

There were some great sequences though (pretty much all of episode 4 is a highlight), and the overlapping timelines thing was well used.

Problem I had with E6 wasn't just the thing that happened (I assume you mean
    Spoiler:
    because yes that didn't make sense.

It was also the fact that with absolutely no explanation
    Spoiler:

Last episode:
    Spoiler:
    was a kick in the teeth though.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I finished it last last night. I enjoyed its opaqueness.
    Get schwifty.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Last 2 episodes short enough to have been 1. I like the approach they took to it overall, that it didn't feel a need to explain everything or go into backstories, but perhaps in the end it's a little too sparse for its own good. Some understanding of why the thing happened in episode 6 would've been nice. There were some great sequences though (pretty much all of episode 4 is a highlight), and the overlapping timelines thing was well used.
    Spoiler:
    because yes that didn't make sense. It was also the fact that with absolutely no explanation
    Spoiler:
    Last episode:
    Spoiler:
    The second spoiler, I assumed
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah, if it was mentioned then I missed it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    I've watched 3 episodes of that tonight. It's pretty well done overall. But in the 3rd episode we're already getting into people making really stupid decisions territory.

Just did episode 3.
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    One Strange Rock is a fucking banger, as expected.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Last 2 episodes short enough to have been 1.

I like the approach they took to it overall, that it didn't feel a need to explain everything or go into backstories, but perhaps in the end it's a little too sparse for its own good. Some understanding of why the thing happened in episode 6 would've been nice.

There were some great sequences though (pretty much all of episode 4 is a highlight), and the overlapping timelines thing was well used.

Spoiler:
    because yes that didn't make sense.

It was also the fact that with absolutely no explanation
    Spoiler:

Last episode:
    Spoiler:

Thought it was pretty crap overall. Some good grounded scenes, great camera work etc. but prone to that familiar bullshit we've seen before.
    Spoiler:
  • Yep, too much was unexplained.  "Not part of the plan" being the most egregious example. 

E4 was the point I realised that there was no point waiting for a plot, as there wasn't one coming.
  • Watched some Korean corner shop thing. Slightly tickled, worth carrying on?
  • I suspect it's that thing Bob likes so he will say yes and I will say I have no idea.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kim’s Convenience. It’s great. Starts to really find its feet by the end of season 1, seasons 2 and 3 are very good indeed.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Watched some Korean corner shop thing. Slightly tickled, worth carrying on?

Kim's Convenience.

Yes Someone here recommended it to me so don't just take my word for it.. it does start off slightly tickled but it gets proper funny and you end up really caring about the characters.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:

Kim's Convenience.

Yes Someone here recommended it to me so don't just take my word for it.. it does start off slightly tickled but it gets proper funny and you end up really caring about the characters.

Watched episode one, it seems like my kinda thing but hasn't hooked me yet.
    Il carry on tonite after footy and see how I get on.
  • Does the store sell holistic bread?
  • Tried Fleabag, bit too Richard Curtis-y for taste somehow. Maybe Killing Eve is better.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Tried Fleabag, bit too Richard Curtis-y for taste somehow. Maybe Killing Eve is better.

Yes it is.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nah. Both are great, but Fleabag’s an all-timer.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not for me. Just great.
  • Fleabag was well written and clever but not the 2nd coming that some people seem to think it is. There were probably two good lols per episode.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I feel like it was more than the sum of its lols. In fact, I’m not even sure if I’d consider it a comedy first and foremost.
  • I liked the end of Fleabag
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I feel like it was more than the sum of its lols. In fact, I’m not even sure if I’d consider it a comedy first and foremost.

Yeah that’s fair enough. Like I say it was well written. Especially
    Spoiler:

The characters are all great.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Tried Fleabag, bit too Richard Curtis-y for taste somehow. Maybe Killing Eve is better.
    Yes it is.

So far I agree.
  • I bounced the other way on Killing Eve. It felt like it needed more time to breathe before it went into action woman. Which may say more about why I liked fleabag more because i just like to see people bimble and react rather than actual fights and plot.

Just to clarify; the comparison is only worthwhile to me because KE starts like a snap of a life of a person who is out of place.
  • Yossarian wrote:

I’d defo agree with this.  It was a really well written character study with some humour.
  • Although the bit where she tries to take off her jumper during the bank meeting is just about the funniest thing since erm, something else funny.
  • digi wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:

Kim's Convenience.

Watched episode one, it seems like my kinda thing but hasn't hooked me yet.
    Il carry on tonite after footy and see how I get on.

I think it took about five episodes to click with me
    The Forum Herald™
  • I bounced the other way on Killing Eve. It felt like it needed more time to breathe before it went into action woman. Which may say more about why I liked fleabag more because i just like to see people bimble and react rather than actual fights and plot.

Just to clarify; the comparison is only worthwhile to me because KE starts like a snap of a life of a person who is out of place.

Assassin protagonist was too yeasty to be believably athletic.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!