The TV you like thread
  • Hello! Watched pretty much all of suits.

It’s trash, but perfectly acceptable trash. Also, multiple pretty people.
  • "What did you just say to me?!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!"
    and 
    "If you are coming in to ask how it went with X then...
    No actually you listen *loud voice rebuttal*"

Those two gems are in almost EVERY episode. 

See Jessica has her own series now?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I watched the first few series of Suits when it was new and cool and enjoyed it, but i'm amazed it's still going for 8 series
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • With modern technology you can spread a simple humorous premise, creating a nano thick layer, across quite an area.
  • Suits was fine until Mike
    Spoiler:
    but then the show seemed to lose direction.

Is the spin off out already? What's it called?
    Spoiler:
    but then the show seemed to lose direction. Is the spin off out already? What's it called?

The Royal Family.
    Spoiler:
    but then the show seemed to lose direction. Is the spin off out already? What's it called?
    Pearson.
    Suits is back on the boil for series 8. Just moved onto series 9
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
    Spoiler:

The Royal Family.

Mike looks well different these days.
    Suits was fine until Mike
    Spoiler:
    Pearson.

Holy shit, that's been out for ages then! Excellent, binge watching that in two weeks.

In other news, Taskmaster is back! Binged all previous series over August. Laughed so much my face hurt.

Watched the first ep of the new series last night and then discovered that I'd missed the champion of champions! Didn't appreciate the genius of taskmaster for so very long.
  • Chernobyl.

Incredible. That last episode is one of the best things i've ever watched.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Spoiler:

The Royal Family.

Mike looks well different these days.
    Spoiler:
    Pearson.

Holy shit, that's been out for ages then! Excellent, binge watching that in two weeks.

In other news, Taskmaster is back! Binged all previous series over August. Laughed so much my face hurt.

Watched the first ep of the new series last night and then discovered that I'd missed the champion of champions! Didn't appreciate the genius of taskmaster for so very long.

Taskmaster is utterly brilliant, absolutely S-tier panel show.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Chernobyl.

Incredible. That last episode is one of the best things i've ever watched.
    Yeah it is excellent.
    I accidentally watched it the best way imho.
    Binged the first 4 episodes. Stewed on it during a long and delayed train journey then a few days later watched episode 5.
  • Just thought to mention a chunk of this week's Preacher, some of the characters hoon around the streets of Melbourne.

Going to miss this when it's done.

What?! Another big show came and filmed here?! Still can't believe I missed Justin Theroux in my home town.
  • I tried watching Suits but just found I hated every single character so I stopped. My friend was excited when we walked past the office building they filmed at in Toronto though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The gf binge watched Suits but I couldn't stand it. Every scene seemed to be two people standing a few metres apart having an unnatural conversation with no body language. Sometimes they moved closer to imply anger, or one was sitting down to show some power relationship. That appeared to be the entirety of it.
  • Kow wrote:
    The gf binge watched Suits but I couldn't stand it. Every scene seemed to be two people standing a few metres apart having an unnatural conversation with no body language. Sometimes they moved closer to imply anger, or one was sitting down to show some power relationship. That appeared to be the entirety of it.

Yes. 

Plus...
    "What did you just say to me?!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!" and  "If you are coming in to ask how it went with X then... 
    No actually you listen *loud voice rebuttal*"
    and...
    poprock wrote:
    It’s okay to disagree but you have to remember that I will dig up some dirt on you that blackmails you into backing down and agreeing with me. Unfortunately I can’t get my magic protégé law elf to dig that dirt up for me any more so I’ll need to do it through my old boy network instead.
    With a side helping of...
    Oops, Louis just did something to undermine you, never mind.
  • Turns out my sister in law is doing costumes for that new star wars series. Nice.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh I know someone doing the same. Maybe they're buddies...
  • Tell them my uncle Matthew says hi.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Turns out my sister in law is doing costumes for that new star wars series. Nice.
    That's cool. I thought you were going to say she was doing costumes for Suits, which is much less interesting.
  • What do they wear in that?
  • Season 4 of The Expanse December 13 on Amazon.
  • Anyone watching the new Bear Grylls Island? After being ripped a new one by Attenborough for glorifying the killing of animals on TV, Bear is reduced to dropping parcels of money on our hapless islanders from a helicopter to add much needed drama.

I anticipate that Channel 5 are already working on a low budget rip-off version called Benefit Scrounger Island. Hosted by Christopher Biggins.

One islander has already chosen to start drinking his own piss. Before the initial water supply has run out. Dick.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I started watching that but concluded it had jumped the shark when they were throwing boxes of cash out of a helicopter.

It kinda runs the illusion it is a serious survival effort when they are treking off to find cash. It cheapens the back to basics side of things as well.

Next season they will be matching couples. "Only when we are at our lowest point, faced with no food and a lack of clean water can we really know if someone is the one".
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I forgot it was on. I thought the money thing was to act as an incentive to stop the soppy cunts from getting the boat home at the first opportunity. It's been diminishing returns since the first series though. I'm pretty sure there was a class based split on the last series? Any old manufactured drama will do I suppose.
  • Diminishing returns, yup.  At one point I couldn't imagine a world where I'd ignore it I loved it so much, was the only TV show I watched as it was broadcast for years.  The phantom limb PTSD lightning storm one was a bit much and I've struggled to enjoy it since.  Has to have a very specific mix of Charlie Big Potato vs useless creature comforts types to appeal anyway.  Even the allure of watching Grylls getting bested by a bee wasn't enough to draw me in this time.
  • After complaining about awful Glaswegian accents in the film Wild Rose I'm now getting another dose in the new series of Peaky Blinders. Is this how Brummie's have felt since the start of the show?
  • The accent’s awful, but at least they’ve nailed the sectarian bullshit.
  • Scout wrote:
    After complaining about awful Glaswegian accents in the film Wild Rose I'm now getting another dose in the new series of Peaky Blinders. Is this how Brummie's have felt since the start of the show?

It is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!