The TV you like thread
  • I've watched all of Cobra Kai. It's shit brilliance.
    Shibrilliance. 

I'm also watching something on iPlayer called Looking for Alaska. 
    It's an American teen, manic dream pixie girl trope ridden Stand By Me esque series. 
    It's poignant and touching and funny and uplifting and its not everyone cup of tea but I'm not shamed to say that its been a bit of a guilty pleasure.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I've watched all of Cobra Kai. It's shit brilliance.
    Shibrilliance. 

I'm also watching something on iPlayer called Looking for Alaska. 
    It's an American teen, manic dream pixie girl trope ridden Stand By Me esque series. 
    It's poignant and touching and funny and uplifting and its not everyone cup of tea but I'm not shamed to say that its been a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Cobra Kai cobra kai cobra Kai cobra kai

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Kow wrote:
    I'm hoping the big, shoved down your throat political idea will turn out to have more nuance and substance.
    From what I'd heard of Watchmen, it's a very interesting idea - it's what's actually put the show on my radar and want to watch it. YMMV, natch.

BTW, this: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1186468302400507904.html
  • Ep 1 was shit. You're better off watching Cobra Kai
  • Does anyone know if Cobra Kai is any good?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It’s shit. Is Gonzo being ironic?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought it was some kind of beer.
  • Kow wrote:
    I thought it was some kind of beer.

lol

So how long do we think all these separate streaming services will last before the bigger ones start taking over the smaller ones?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I binged on the first season of Cobra Kai and loved it! Must see the second
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bob wrote:
    So how long do we think all these separate streaming services will last before the bigger ones start taking over the smaller ones?

There’s a sort of inevitability to the evolution of them – it’s the same way broadcast TV evolved in the States.

Lots of producers sold shows to a small number of channels. Then they all released those channels were making profit off their content, so they launched their own channels and networks instead, to try and keep all that profit for themselves. Then the consumers got cold feet – couldn’t keep up with, or actually technically receive, or pay for all the separate channels. So the cable companies started to bundle up channels and networks and sell packages to the consumer.

If we follow a similar pattern, then we face a few years of too many streaming services before our broadband and mobile providers start to bundle the services up and sell us all-inclusive packages. It’ll be £50/month for your broadband, or £70/month for your broadband plus Netflix, NowTV, and YouTube. Or £70/month for your broadband plus Netflix and GamePass.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sign me up.
  • Mobile providers are already starting down this sort of route with things like EE offering six months Apple Music with your new phone, etc. Bundles are coming, betcha.
  • Sky have already started by lumping in Netflix as part of their sky Q thing. Quite savvy really, I imagine Netflix was hitting their sub numbers a bit.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Is there a way to watch Cobra Kai for free?  Would the one month free trial pop up I keep getting rid of on Youtube do the trick or is that something else?
  • I can’t believe they sold 1 million pounds worth of that shitty bike having spent the pitch talking about sophisticated sarah
    The Forum Herald™
  • Fuck knows how it was utter garbage.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Dublin Murders sends ok. Makes a change to see an Irish actor doing a shit English accent and not the other way around.
  • I guess it wasn’t orange
    The Forum Herald™
  • It was blue and aimed at women.
    I'm not saying it should be Barbie pink but something more neutral would be better. It was a really ugly blue as well, too heavy.
  • Kow wrote:
    Dublin Murders sends ok. Makes a change to see an Irish actor doing a shit English accent and not the other way around.

And a pleasing number of actors from Love/Hate in it too.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yip, just spotted Nidge.
  • I binged on the first season of Cobra Kai and loved it! Must see the second

The first season is perfect, the second season is even better
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is there a way to watch Cobra Kai for free?  Would the one month free trial pop up I keep getting rid of on Youtube do the trick or is that something else?

I watched season 1 with a one month free trial. Then I watched season 2 with a 1 month free trial. I had to wait 9 months like a mug, you years get to watch both seasons in a row

Seriously, it's amazing. It takes karate kid, what you loved about it as a kid, and makes you root for the bad guy, some tech/trump jokes thrown in. It's all about growing up, it's a show specifically made for 35-39yo males. And maybe their kid a bit.
  • I didn't hate what I saw of it.

I have just discovered wotsit from Killing Eve is a scouser.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is there a way to watch Cobra Kai for free?  Would the one month free trial pop up I keep getting rid of on Youtube do the trick or is that something else?
    I watched season 1 with a one month free trial. Then I watched season 2 with a 1 month free trial. I had to wait 9 months like a mug, you years get to watch both seasons in a row Seriously, it's amazing. It takes karate kid, what you loved about it as a kid, and makes you root for the bad guy, some tech/trump jokes thrown in. It's all about growing up, it's a show specifically made for 35-39yo males. And maybe their kid a bit.
    Season 1 is free to watch right now. Season 2 has been added one episode a week, free to watch, since September so the whole lot might be there now.
  • Brooks wrote:

Yeah I had the same shock at the baftas
    The Forum Herald™
  • "It was a different time"

• Bob wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Yeah I had the same shock at the baftas
    We walk amongst you, we are everywhere.
  • I've just discovered that pantyfire is a Scouser. Don't think he was at the baftas though.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • We are legion.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!