The TV you like thread
  • I was like you once. Blond hair. Scraggly little beard. Childlike ears. Full of beans and spunk. I let my principles get in the way sometimes. I punched a bloke in the face once for saying "Hawk the Slayer" was rubbish.

The 'I don't care if you've saved up all your 50p's!' scene is still great. Always wondered how they managed to get the official music for the burning SW stuff shot.
  • Mrs. Moot is watching the least Mrs. Moot thing imaginable (Raised by Wolves), and when questioned she said "Ragnar Lothbrok".
  • TOTP 1995 on iPlayer.
    Presented by Bjork and Jack Dee.

Jack Dee's opener "some people spend their Christmas day working with sick people. For instance Bjork and I are presenting Top of the Pops."

Then into N Trance.

Brilliant.
  • Robson and Jerome really were shit, barely karaoke level.
    Good job both redeemed themselves. (Robson is apparently a sound guy, Jerome obv GoT).
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    First couple of season five episodes watched of The Expanse and already feels like a major improvement on the previous season. That or compared to recent Trek any half decent attempt at a sci-fi series would look like a masterpiece.
    Things can only get better.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mrs. Moot is watching the least Mrs. Moot thing imaginable (Raised by Wolves), and when questioned she said "Ragnar Lothbrok".

Ragnar Lothbrok's also the correct answer to Madder Max. But not Thunderdome; that's never the answer.
  • Went to start watching the new series of Tin Star last night and realised it’s the third one, not the second. There’s a whole season two that I missed. And it’s sitting there on Sky to watch now. Bonus!
  • Can I just skip ahead to the third series without watching the others? I hear this current one is filmed in Liverpool. I just want to sit there and shout, 'I know that place!" at the telly.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Since I’ve just started watching S2, I have no idea.
  • Finished Season 5 of Community which featured two of the regular cast leaving but in my mind was all the better for it. The GI Joe episode was probably the best one ever properly funny.
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Tis good. I think Linehan stopped writing it after that and Dylan Moran took over. Not sure though. Wasn't as good anyway.

Linehan and Moran were S1. Linehan even appeared in it in an episode as a customer. :)

S2 was Moran and several guest writers.

It has me taking a notion of me running a wee bookshop if I ever became rich enough to run it at a loss and not worry. :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Can I just skip ahead to the third series without watching the others? I hear this current one is filmed in Liverpool. I just want to sit there and shout, 'I know that place!" at the telly.

This is why I avoid the cinema if I know it's been filmed by ours
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just caught up with Des, that David Tennant as Dennis Nilsen thing, after it started cropping up in end of year lists. Really very good indeed, I ended up watching the whole thing in one sitting.
  • Yeah, it was ace - as was Tennant.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He was, possibly a bit too good. I found myself warming to Nilsen at times.
  • Still working through Jonathan Creek because it reminds me of being at home at Xmas. I'm up to the point now where Caroline Quentin isn't in it and if you asked me before who could replace her I'd say no one but seeing Julia Sawalha, I'm not so sure. I proper fancied JS in my teenage years, and watching this now it's striking how much she looks like my ex. TMI? Probably. Merry Xmas.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    He was, possibly a bit too good. I found myself warming to Nilsen at times.

Erm yeah, I kinda felt like that too. Some of his reasoning and arguments were hard to totally disagree with. There was an odd warmth and humour there too.
  • I thought for a moment this was about Denis Norden, which is absolutely something someone should make, also with David Tennant.
  • Jonathan Creek definitely dyes his hair in this series.
  • I just want Father Christmas to bring me an official launch of Fargo S4. Nothing else, not even any Lindt.
  • I’m watching season 3 of the Expanse.
    What’s with all the fucking blue plasma spewing out all of the human spaceships?
    It would be way more cool if ships broke up and tore apart rather than all this blue fire nonsense.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • nick_md wrote:
    Still working through Jonathan Creek because it reminds me of being at home at Xmas. I'm up to the point now where Caroline Quentin isn't in it and if you asked me before who could replace her I'd say no one but seeing Julia Sawalha, I'm not so sure. I proper fancied JS in my teenage years, and watching this now it's striking how much she looks like my ex. TMI? Probably. Merry Xmas.

One of my fav shows of all time. Great interplay and clever solves
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Innit. Merry Xmas, Tom.
  • Ghosts Christmas special was superb, really funny and touching. Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Christmas Fishing though, another level entirely. Gorgeous footage of the North East with some genuinely affecting, touching and at times hilarious chat between the two of them. Very Christmassy.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I might be a bit pissed, or it might just my neverending crush on Anna Kendrick, but Love Life is really quite good. Only realised tonight that it’s on the iPlayer (thought it was a US-only thing).
  • Can't get past her foetal alcohol syndrome face.
  • Gotta give props to these breakfast TV anchors who do it solo on Xmas/boxing day. There's normally a double act on but yesterday and today it's just someone on their 1s. Three hours of live TV by yourself? No problem.
  • Also just heard the camel Doom imp sound effect on a piece about energy. Nice.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Christmas Fishing though, another level entirely. Gorgeous footage of the North East with some genuinely affecting, touching and at times hilarious chat between the two of them. Very Christmassy.

I’ve just watched this and back these words up wholeheartedly.  Perfect Christmas telly with two warm and engaging leads and a big heart.  Wonderful.
  • o/
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!