The TV you like thread
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Oooooh, it's older than me. Dunno why that's a surprise, TV definitely existed back then.

I feel old enough without this kind of comment! :)

Things can only get better.
  • This Jarvis bloke is a smoosh together of Tom Hardy and Andrew Lincoln. Crazy eyes acting.

I think I want to watch this just to see Cosmo Jarvis acting. He’s always going to be the Gay Pirates guy to me.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Oooooh, it's older than me. Dunno why that's a surprise, TV definitely existed back then.

I remember the OG Shogun with Richie C, my dad loved it. I read the books, which were pretty great IIRC.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • djchump wrote:
    From the film thread, but this is actually a TV series on Apple:
    g.man wrote:
    Oh yes please!

First 2 episodes "out" on the streaming sites. I've watched the first 3.5 minutes and was amused, so can confidently say that if you like Fielding and Boosh, you'll like this.

Watched the first few episodes tonight. Really enjoyed it, it's like a never ending line up of British comedian actors. Lots of fun.
    Ah yeah - I’ve watched first 2 episodes now and loving it. Cast is fantastic and Greg Davies in ep 2 is clearly loving it. Cracking stuff :-)
  • Ok, this is looking seriously good!

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Walton Goggins must be getting on by now, but I didn't expect him to look that rough
  • Fuck me cocaine ruins you doesn't it
  • mannaboy wrote:

Haha! I appreciate being able to feel like a spring chicken.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Ok, this is looking seriously good!

Did not expect a Nightmare on Elm Street crossover.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Up for that. Glad they got the tune in.
  • I liked the first series. Think there's a new one out soon?
    I think there's quite a few now.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I've turned up for the The Gentlemen chat and disappointingly there doesn't appear to be any.

I'm four episodes in and it's hilariously entertaining. I mean it's what you expect from Ritchie and his Gangster stuff but it's very good. It's just him doing what he does best and your mileage may vary.. I could do without Giancarlo Esposito doing his thing again but Kaya Scodelario is always amazing and it's very exciting and funny and violent and rips along at some pace.. thoroughly enjoyable telly for when you want to be spectacularly entertained without having to think too much.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Friday night dinner
    I don't think i really appreciated how brilliantly funny this is.
    Had seen various eps over the years and according to netflix watched the first few series, but in memory it was funny but not must watch.
    Jumped on to it at series 4 on netflix when wondering what to watch the other day and have rattled through 2 seasons giggling all the way. Kid is enjoying it too

Lovely bit of squirrel
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Friday night dinner
    I don't think i really appreciated how brilliantly funny this is.
    Had seen various eps over the years and according to netflix watched the first few series, but in memory it was funny but not must watch.
    Jumped on to it at series 4 on netflix when wondering what to watch the other day and have rattled through 2 seasons giggling all the way. Kid is enjoying it too

Lovely bit of squirrel

Watched them all originally and recently again.
    So good.
    Shit on it!
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Shit on it regularly rings out in our house, bloody love that show. Inevitably got a bit silly in later seasons but such great characters so didn’t really matter.
  • There's a scene in one episode where the dad is topless taking apart a lawnmower in the kitchen instead of getting ready like he is supposed to be doing and it absolutely nails my dad. It's spooky how accurate that is.
  • It's such a great show. Mark Heap gets me every single time.
    Shalom Jackie!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Shhhh, Gladiators is on!
    Kids and I are all watching together. This is ace
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • First time watching the new Gladiators (no license but at parent's place).
    Great stuff, pure nostalgia.

I'd run Diamond's Gauntlet.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Somehow Palpatine Jake returned.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Gladiators:
    Spoiler:
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • It's such a great show. Mark Heap gets me every single time.
    Shalom Jackie!

Shalom jackie, you look nice!
  • The Program - latest Netflix doc about a cult but this one is for troubled teens. Fucking wild any parent can consent to their child being abducted in front of them, for a start. Then it gets worse. Typical Netflix fare but worth a go if you've watched every other one.
  • Bob wrote:
    I've turned up for the The Gentlemen chat and disappointingly there doesn't appear to be any.

I'm four episodes in and it's hilariously entertaining. I mean it's what you expect from Ritchie and his Gangster stuff but it's very good. It's just him doing what he does best and your mileage may vary.. I could do without Giancarlo Esposito doing his thing again but Kaya Scodelario is always amazing and it's very exciting and funny and violent and rips along at some pace.. thoroughly enjoyable telly for when you want to be spectacularly entertained without having to think too much.

Only one episode in, but im sticking with it. Was crying with laughter at the chicken scene!
  • Also, shogun is brilliant imo, I vaguely remember seeing the original with my dad when we moved to Larkhall and first got sky TV, always remember being shocked when the samurai pissed on him. This version looks epic.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I've turned up for the The Gentlemen chat …
    Only one episode in, but im sticking with it. Was crying with laughter at the chicken scene!
    I’m two episodes in. It’s strangely compelling, despite being a bit crap. Somehow feels like Guy Ritchie on a budget. Guy Ritchie lite. The acting’s a bit wooden - you know something’s up when Vinnie Jones is the putting in the best performance in a group of actors. Yet I’m still amused and still watching.
  • 8 episodes into One Day on Netflix and against all odds I'm really loving it . The two leads are brilliant and it's so well written and acted.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • It’s fucking lovely is what it is.
  • It’s better cast than the movie.
  • Christ you pair of ball
    Less cunts
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!