The TV you like thread
  • cheers y'all :D
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Preacher checkin. Bit of a slower pace this week. Some back story. And a nice break from the otherwise relentless pace. But let's back to it next week please.
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Careful of spoilers, Bob. I'm waiting for the series to finish before I watch it.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Careful of spoilers, Bob. I'm waiting for the series to finish before I watch it.
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Anyone checked out Ozark yet? Netflix original staring Jason Bateman.

Sounds interesting.

http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt5071412/
  • The Daddy wrote:
    She's from 'udders and is just 20 days older than me. I'll do my standard watch-one-episode-then-remember-it's-shit as a show of support from a fellow escapee.

Ha! Me too. Some of my family still live in the village she's from.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Watching Luke Cage. Way better than Jessica Jones if not quite as good as Daredevil. Gonna force myself to watch Iron Fist after it so that I can watch Defenders without my OCD kicking in.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Watching Luke Cage. Way better than Jessica Jones if not quite as good as Daredevil. Gonna force myself to watch Iron Fist after it so that I can watch Defenders without my OCD kicking in.

We are 3/4 of way through luke cage. Started watch iron fist, currently prefer iron fist to luke cage. Imo neither as good as Jessica Jones, Daredevil is in a league of its own.

• Apparently the makers of GOT next TV project is a series called Confederate. An alternative history piece where the South won the civil war and slavery is legal.
    Already people complaining about the premise, the fact that it comes from two white guys and lack of black characters in GOT. I think it could make for interesting viewing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

Defenders TV shows:

Luke Cage
    Daredevil (very close second)
    Iron Fist

Jessica Jones
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

We are 3/4 of way through luke cage. Started watch iron fist, currently prefer iron fist to luke cage. Imo neither as good as Jessica Jones, Daredevil is in a league of its own.

You cray cray Dino!

Jessica Jones is the worst super hero ever put on screen. I've said this before but basically she...
    Spoiler:

Utter garbage.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yoss knows.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In large part I thought it was just terrible casting. Whatserface who played JJ failed to carry off edgy or tough convincingly, and the whole series was trying so damn hard to make her seem edgy and tough. It was kind of embarrassing to watch.

I was rooting for Tennant. He was the only reason to carry on watching IMO.
  • Anyone with kids and Netflix - go and watch Buddy Thunderstruck.

It's stop motion (think Fantastic Mr Fox), very wry, pretty crude, and there's a very cool choose-your-own-adventure episode.

Trailer doesn't do it justice but anyway :

• kestla wrote:
    Anyone checked out Ozark yet? Netflix original staring Jason Bateman. Sounds interesting. http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt5071412/

Not yet, added to list pretty quick though. Gotta be worth a punt.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Walking Dead season 8 trailer out:

God help me, I'll probably be watching it.

*sigh*
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Correct.

Fuck TWD. Definitely watching it, but fuck it all the same.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Walking Dead season 8 trailer out

Just fucking die already.

Also,  Jessica Jones > Daredevil > Eastenders > Luke Cage
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    When I heard about the new Doctor I thought ‘Ooh, that might be a good choice’. I've just realised that I was thinking of Jodhi May.
  • Currently grafting my way through S2 of Twin Peaks so I can move on to S3.

Jeez, really becomes a slog towards the end right? I don't remember it being this tedious when I first watched it years ago.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    You cray cray Dino! Jessica Jones is the worst super hero ever put on screen. I've said this before but basically she...
    Spoiler:
    Utter garbage.

Except that 
    Spoiler:
  • Friggin A, Dante.   Jessica Jones is by far the most convincing Marvel Superhero.  Can't wait for Series 2.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ooh, she's drunk a bottle of whiskey and now she looks unconvincingly moody. DEPTH!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    How far can she throw a bin lid? That's what me and my mate Gary want to know.
  • Iron Fist is by some margin the shittiest of them all.
  • Haven't watched Luke cage yet but so far yes, absolutely agree. JJ was genuinely disturbing at times.
  • I don't know what people saw in Luke Cage. Terrible from start to finish. JJ had some good moments but it was all over the place. Iron Fist would have been good if the kung fu master central character could throw a punch without looking like it was the first time he'd ever done it.

Only Daredevil has more good than bad. And the good was excellent.
  • Why do you guys patronise these shitty shows
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The blaxploitation style in LC marked it out stylistically from the rest, plus it felt like the themes it explored resonated a bit more widely with things going on in the real world than the others. Plus the characters all managed to not be annoying, which is a rare bonus.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Walking Dead season 8 trailer out:

God help me, I'll probably be watching it.

*sigh*

That almost makes it look like an action packed thrill ride. Unfortunately most of that will probably be in one or two episodes - the rest padded out with direlogue and badly written characters.

Old Beard Rick looks shite.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!