EDGE: Christ on a bike, it’s a knuckle sando!
  • I haven’t read the letters page for years. Apart from Reg’s letter from a few months ago.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Woof, those scores.
  • Terrible scores month.
    Interested in jade raymond piece so may pick up if i see it.
  • Any chance of a photo of the second review in that list? Would be interesting to read.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Jade Raymond phwoar

I had a picture with her from when she was in London promoting original Ass Crud. And she signed a cover of the game. Wonder what I did with it/them.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Jade Raymond phwoar

I had a picture with her from when she was in London promoting original Ass Crud. And she signed a cover of the game. Wonder what I did with it/them.

There was a really interesting article from Polygon (I think) where they had Jade Raymond and one of the guys who started Campo Santo doing a double headed interview. They both had really differing views of game dev and it was pretty interesting. It was after she’d left Visceral and she seemed a little burned. She seemed older than I expected but then I can only think of the original b&w soft focus Assassins creed promo pics of her anyway which - with hindsite - were a pretty shitty way of extra game promo. She appeared passionate about large scale game development but came across as a little disheartened. Good read if you can find it.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    EDGE: The making of... from 2016 available free in pdf and other formats from archive.org: https://archive.org/details/Edge_Special_Edition_-_The_Making_Of..._2016

Top linkage. Many thanks.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Jade Raymond phwoar I had a picture with her from when she was in London promoting original Ass Crud. And she signed a cover of the game. Wonder what I did with it/them.
    There was a really interesting article from Polygon (I think) where they had Jade Raymond and one of the guys who started Campo Santo doing a double headed interview. They both had really differing views of game dev and it was pretty interesting. It was after she’d left Visceral and she seemed a little burned. She seemed older than I expected but then I can only think of the original b&w soft focus Assassins creed promo pics of her anyway which - with hindsite - were a pretty shitty way of extra game promo. She appeared passionate about large scale game development but came across as a little disheartened. Good read if you can find it.

Thanks, will look for it. I do remember Edge interviewing her at one point, when she was expecting I think. Can’t recall details of the interview but I think family had an effect on renewed outlook on game dev or something.
  • Thumbed through and as I suspected, the State of Decay 2 review is a whingeing hack piece of half truths and narrow sightedness... so par for the course for Edge then.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Doesn’t seem like it’s just Edge who don’t like it. Getting quite a few bad reviews.
  • EG's was wide of the mark too. I've put many many hours into it and found a better game that is more technically capable than what is being claimed.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    They gave Wildlands a 4 too remember.

Lol.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    mon though you guys do like pap
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    All about the MP lulz innit. Wildlands is a solid 7/8 with badgers.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Doesn’t seem like it’s just Edge who don’t like it. Getting quite a few bad reviews.

Game central also shit on it due to tech issues

SFV - reddave360
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Doesn’t seem like it’s just Edge who don’t like it. Getting quite a few bad reviews.
    RedDave2 wrote:

How did these reviews compare to your experience of the game?

If we're name dropping websites here, the GamesRadar and IGN reviews are far more balanced.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Two of the shittest gaming sites, mind you.
  • Must be hard reviewing games right now when they keep fucking changing. Stop fixing or adding things you bastards, I just said it was crap.
  • Kow wrote:
    Two of the shittest gaming sites, mind you.

Name me a good one.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Dunno, I like Eurogamer sometimes. Also Rock Paper Shotgun but I guess that's PC only. Still worth a read though.
  • Webbins wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

How did these reviews compare to your experience of the game?

I haven't played it and it was never a game I would go for. Was just pointing out that if several reviews point to tech issues then it's a safe assumption that there were tech issues at least at the time of review.

SFV - reddave360
  • Latest Edge reviews:

The Crew 2 
    Spoiler:
    Jurassic World: Evolution
    Spoiler:
    Vampyr
    Spoiler:
    Unravel 2
    Spoiler:
    Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion
    Spoiler:
    Youropa
    Spoiler:
    Mario Tennis Aces
    Spoiler:
  • Unravel 2 deserves an extra point.
  • I'd say the same for Mario Tennis too. It has it's flaws, but I think the core gameplay is superb.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mario Tennis has been solid from the start on the N64. It has been a case of gradual refinement and addition of content/modes since then. 

The GC update obvs added some graphical polish but - it also added unnecessary power shots which thankfully can be switched off. At best they provide an amusing variant on the underlying gameplay which doesn't require anything added. The Wii version was just the GC version with added waggle which - again - wasn't required.

Unfortunately when you get something right from the start you don't get credit for updating on a new platform and not fucking it up which seems to be harder to do than one might imagine.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Unravel 2 deserves an extra point.

There's a free 10 hour demo on Origin.

Can't I complete it in 10 hours?!
  • Easily I reckon, with an outside chance of mopping up the majority of extra challenges.  It's one of the best examples of co-op platforming I've played, but I can't see the main game lasting more than 5hrs.  Don't expect anything tricky either, it's all quite straightforward.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    None of you cowards talking about Octo expansion. Expected.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!