Eurogamer 2012
  • No, I barely tried anything. Queues put me off. I spent the vast majority of my time on indie. Just like last year. Talked to a few of the devs. 

Next year I will get tickets for two days. One for indie, retro and tourney watching. Another for queueing for mainstream games. Or split them to make queueing less boring.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • How many sp's elf?

Any sign of new 3ds stuff?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Did nobody see Xcom?
  • What's that?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Its the cross communicator (or xcom for short) for consoles that lets ps3 and xbox users chat and play together.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    No, I barely tried anything. Queues put me off. I spent the vast majority of my time on indie. Just like last year. Talked to a few of the devs.  Next year I will get tickets for two days. One for indie, retro and tourney watching. Another for queueing for mainstream games. Or split them to make queueing less boring.

Did Sega sponsor this year's indie booth again? What was the best thing on show?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • mk64 wrote:
    How many sp's elf? Any sign of new 3ds stuff?
    Probably around 80 I reckon. Didn't get chance to check out 3DS, did want to play Castlevania. Never mind

@dynamite, not had chance to breathe today, just got back from 4hours driving just to see family for 2 hours. Woodimari has list of the games, will check it and do write up. 

@Woodi. Post the list, innit.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Did nobody see Xcom?

Enemy unknown? Was there. Not interested.
  • Game of the show for me was Revengence. Cracking game bloody tough though
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Unfinished Swan was decent as expected, but the demo left me motion sick because of how close the seat was to the huge TV. Looks repetitive too. Novelty may wear off after a while. Any longer than 2 hours or so and it might get boring. 

Most of the TVs were too big for how close you had to sit.
  • We're the tvs too big, or the writes for the controllers to short? I'm inclined to the latter.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Did nobody see Xcom?
    Enemy unknown? Was there. Not interested.

Nnnnnmmmmmnmmmmmmmmmmmmgggg.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    This is the full list of Games that I spotted in the indie section, pretty sure that's all of them.

Death Ray Manta
    Don't Starve
    A.bastard
    Sokobond
    Where is my Heart
    Isochronous
    Last Knight
    Gear Up
    Buddha Finger
    Zineth
    Kairo
    Barabariball
    The Button Affair
    Dirac
    Tower of the Gorillion
    Sentinel
    Proteus

Played Hell Yeah and I loved it, quite addictive!
    And my god, Hotline Miami! DAT GAME!!! It's is bastard hard, but it is awesome and the music is immense!!!? Had so many people not raging out but getting up and going "Fuck me, that is hard."
    Tomb Raider is lush, was impressed when I peeped in the window to see it running on 360's.
    Like the WiiU but was a bit thrown with a game like Trine 2 where you have to use the screen on the pad to do stuff whilst watching the telly too, sure it just takes getting used to.
    God of War Ascension looks like God of War.
    Dead Space 3 was in the programme but I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Went to get my Blands 2 fix seeing as I wasn't at home and it look shit on the tiny monitors (PC FTW!!)
    Dust 514 looked great but it took about 10 minutes to get into a game and was understandably very buggy.
    NFS was great and VERY popular, huge lines for that.
    Didn't get to play Metal Gear Revengance although everyone said it was great but pretty damn hard.
    DmC was good, looked and played great and felt far superior to DMC 4 but I hated that sooooo....
    The SF4 tournament was cool and there was a great vibe for it!

All in all a great time! Sorry for lack of detail, shattered after work and I'm writing this on the walk home.
  • So I went on Saturday:

Wii U:
    Got to play a few of the Nintendoland titles, The Ghost house one was by far the best, was a lot of fun and required a lot of talking. Animal Crossing was pretty throwaway and the Zelda one was just dull. Also got to play Rayman which had the best use of the new controller, involved tilting it and using the touch screen to remove obstacles for the other player who used the standard controller. It was reasonably fun but nothing that desperately made me want to purchase it. Mario Wii U was pretty much identical to the one on the Wii which I didn't think much of and Trine felt really awkward, holding the thing in one hand while using the touch screen and the analogue sticks was a pain. Saw Pikmin and Wonderful 101 but didn't get chance to play.

Xcom:
    I didn't even know a turn based one existed, I was thinking it was just gonna be the FPS one they were rebooting the series with. I enjoyed this, has its roots firmly in the TBS department and is a good homage to the originals. The voice acting and characters are a bit rubbish but I was into the gameplay, one wrong move and your characters get pasted n killed rather easily. Will buy this unless the reviews of the full game are dreadful.

Aliens Colonial Marines:
    It'ssss good! Multiplayer demo, you could only play as the marines and Sega staff were playing as the aliens. You get a real sense of chaotic desperation as you try and stay as a team and fend them off. Lots of Left 4 Dead-isms, Aliens can see the outline of the marines through the walls. The game-mode available was deathmatch and I'm really hoping they have more inventive game modes with the final build but the multiplayer end of this is shaping up greatly.

I played some game where your a group of 4 medieval things with swords magic on XBL but it was shit, dunno its name.

But for a second year running game of the show wass.....10 player Saturn Bomberman. Genuinely.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    We're the tvs too big, or the writes for the controllers to short? I'm inclined to the latter.

Same difference. Given how short the wires were and how close you had to sit, the TVs were too big. Given how big the TVs were, the wires were too short.
  • Dogfingers, you went on Saturday and didn't hit us up?
    Poor show man.
  • I know. That's not on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    He thinks you're all cunts as you're not into XCOM. I think he's right.
  • Sorry chaps I haven't posted in about a month and forgot, but because you never mentioned Xcom we probably wouldn't have got on anyway, I'd have had to set myself to overwatch.
  • I went today, came away a bit deflated by almost everything I played. 

Grid 2 was more Grid (not much of a complaint), Dishonoured demo was a massive letdown for me, Tomb Raider was very much a pretty guided tour-very similar to Uncharted. The Sony versions of Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart were pretty dull. Black ops and the ilk of course were long queues but again more of the same.

My highlights were Metal Gear Rising and Luigi's Mansion 3ds...and retro 4 player Mario Party. The Wii U was interesting, still don't know what to make of it, but the controller was surprisingly light and comfortable. Mario, Nintendo Land and to a lesser extent Rayman all felt like same old games with a tacked on gimmick though. Pikmin 3 and the 101 both looked pretty, i didn't queue for Zombie U.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What was wrong with Dishonoured? I've had my eye on that since I found out you can possess rats and what not.
  • What was wrong with Dishonoured? I've had my eye on that since I found out you can possess rats and what not.

The abilities are welcome, your encouraged to experiment - it reminded me a lot like Bioshock in that respect, your sword and crossbow are backup for when shit goes wrong. The possession element was cool.

My overall disappointment might be because it was a restricted demo, it just didn't blow me away like I thought it would, just felt very average.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, it's probably not well suited to a demo, the main game is based around moulding your character to how you want to play, Deus Ex style. It's hard to condense that into a twenty minute demo. As long as the abilities are fun it should be right up my street.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I love Dogfingers <3
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Good to see Revengeance unanimously kicking arse.
  • I think I found a glitch. It gave me sad face for a while cos I thought I may run out of time again and miss out on the lenticular poster. 

After the tutorial, you are on a beach and have to go up some metal stairs to the cliff/groin above. Couldn't see any other way up. Halfway up the stairs, I randomly decided to press attack, and Raiden promptly sliced the stairs and fell back to the beach. Erm. Now I couldn't find a way up. Couldn't use the big boulders on the beach. Aaasrrrrgggh!

Restarted checkpoint and just had enough time to beat the demo. Show attendant was standing anf waiting for me with the player, I think they had to start packing up. 

The boss: some cyborg dog thing. Didn't see a health bar, probably not a proper boss, maybe introduction to a badass normal enemy. Had to parry its attack but found it a bit hard to follow the fuckker and see its attack. Camera didn't help. Eventually beat it by air dive kicking its face and dizzying it to unleash my mental attacks.
  • @Woodimari - my brother's doing a couple of tunes for Hotline Miami, can't wait for that game.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    The boss: some cyborg dog thing. Didn't see a health bar, probably not a proper boss, maybe introduction to a badass normal enemy. Had to parry its attack but found it a bit hard to follow the fuckker and see its attack. Camera didn't help. Eventually beat it by air dive kicking its face and dizzying it to unleash my mental attacks.

The health was a number counter and bar in the bottom right hand corner. I didn't manage to parry, at all. Try as I might I just couldn't get the timing down.
    I just hung around close by, moved away for the chainsaw tail, then jumped and used heavy attack for the homing kick, then wailed on it at bit, then ran to just over arms reach again.
    Just kept repeating that until it fell. The Nano paste healing helped too. I never would have made it through without that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!