Far Cries...
  • Personally I don't think this even looks as good as FC2, which had a certain charm in its understatement. FC3 looks more like the videogame equivalent of some blockbuster action film.
  • The PR for Farcry 2 was anything but understatement.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Perhaps it was. But I didn't follow the PR at all. Knew nothing of the game when I bought it. But I liked the lack of DRAMATIC CUTSCENES and scripted action.
  • They do seem to be trying too hard with FC3. Intro of 'whacky' characters and all that.  If they just delivered on the potential of a shooter on a tropical island, ultra-realistic settings and limited ammo, they'd be at least trying something different.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    True that. I do like the animal npc's above the whacky.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Sadly it seems almost guaranteed that this will be long way from any 'limited ammo' type of game. 

I imagine there'll be the infamous mid way point where you are stripped of all your weapons, watch a scripted sequence unfold then you'll pick up a dead guard's gun and the invisible 150 bullets he also had.
  • I played this for 10mins today, it could have been the PC version cos the graphics were loverly.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Sweet!

It wasn't PC was it?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Still sweet!
  • ok, so it seems I might be wrong about this game. When it first came out it had the dubious honour of being the only game I've ever taken back to the shop after hating the early levels. But, after the chat about it last week, with a few of you whose game judgement I trust having very fond memories, I decided to pick it up again. It is excellent. First time round I was playing it "wrong". Playing it like a GTA style game, attempting to zoom from mission to mission in a hail of gunfire and explosions. But this plays much much better if you slow it down and play it as a RPG in many ways. A lone man stuck in a warzone has to be more careful - I only operate at night. I avoid confrontation. It can be so tense, but this makes it awesome. And the graphics and setting are truly wonderous. So, er, yes, I was wrong.

Just avoid multiplayer. After the subtlety of campaign, it's a horrible, horrible jolt playing such an underdeveloped, ugly and clumsy online game.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order as this is the same day as the Wii U, no game (with the exception of GTA V) will beat the pull of a new console...
  • Quite liking what Ive been reading/watching about this lately.

Gametrailers Bullshit Preview
    14 Min Dev Video

Exploration looks more interesting. 
    Platforming transmitter mast sections.
    Wildlife hunting a necessity for survival?
    Fighting for pirate controlled areas with no respawning of enemies?
    Hates
    Fire as a tactical weapon still looks like complete bullshit.
    Tagged enemies still visible when out of view. (Hopefully down to difficulty level).
    Enemies line of sight very short.
  • I am still up for this.
    That Gametrailers vid did make me sigh when it mentioned the limited money you can carry until you level up your purse (FFS) and the specific hunting needed for certain upgrades like a tiger skin for a ammo bandolier, thats just lame.

EDIT
    Just watched the long vid.
    The enemy AI seems to be toned down a lot from the last game, which is a plus in my book, but they did seem a little myopic. Maybe they will get tougher as you level up or move further into the game.
    The onscreen prompts seem to be 360 related so if it is, its looking pretty damn beautiful graffix wise, I am very impressed.
    A couple of mentions in both vids about what we are seeing being a demo, so fingers a largeish demo is inbound very soon.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    naFpR.jpg

Sadly an advert. The real front Page and most of the print is about F2P. Anyone else not arsed about F2P? Yeah thought so.

Is this a launch day title for anyone? I was quite gutted I only had one save and so I couldn't run around doing side missions after clocking 2.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    this is the only game i want day 1 this year.

of course theres others id like, hitman springs to mind, but this is my priority.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • That other guy is really short.
  • Day one for me too.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • And me. I've got high hopes for this.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Me too just another game for me that goes on a list of things academia is denying me from playing.
  • that looks decent! too much of a timesink for me but it looks pretty good fun, although a far cry haha (how many times that joke in these threads) from the second game
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yep Day 1 for me as well though with this pre-order being with ShopTo I'm hoping to be there from Day -1...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Another game I'll buy despite knowing I won't enjoy. And that I then won't enjoy.

Really should give the first two another punt I guess...
  • RPS have posted a fairly positive review that make it sound like it will appeal to fans of both the previous entries, even if it does have the token 'shit bit related to the story' like the first one. Lots of ace screenshots there to, such as: 

farc2.jpg
  • Edge are also favourable in their review and the idea of the two factions fighting sounds great, as does the wildlife. Seems scuppered in a few places, notably a few limp missions and token stealth bits.

Far-Cry-3-hangglider-610x343.jpg
  • Yeah the Edge review makes it sound great. They could stick any score on the end of it with the line
    [font=arial, sans-serif]But for all the embellishments and tweaks, including an RPG-lite set of skill trees, the core of the game is very much Far Cry 2[/font]
    in the review. Sold and I'll try and buy the silly expensive box edition again
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Eurogamer gave this a massive review. Reviews are coming too early, Friday week can't come soon enough
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Shinji wrote:
    But for all the embellishments and tweaks, including an RPG-lite set of skill trees, the core of the game is very much Far Cry 2

That makes me so happy, will check out the full review later.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    That Eurogamer review is rather gushing.  Definitely up for some more Far Cry when I get some time.
    Get schwifty.
  • Surely we're all not about to have a game released that doesnt disappoint!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!