New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • No idea how you got those pics but that looks like the same one and at Lear one of those in my building. That's him and what a legend. I love mariooooo
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • What on earth am i supposed to do with this gold coin thing that Game gave me?
  • Mario may be able to attract the ladies but this game looks like one of the worst major Ninto financial bowel movements in years. I OWN A 3DS.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • EA used to get some really strong criticism for producing the same game year on year. I can only believe that Nintendo, on this occasion should fall foul of the same criticism.

Also, make a bloody F-Zero game, idiots.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Put my order in today. Cannot wait. Should be here by Tuesday due to cunning abuse of Amazon Prime free trial.

And first to a million coins... GO.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • how do i get the 2nd coin in the first castle? Its annoying me now :D

coin count is at 2.3k
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It's quite samey as nsmb1 but a bit tougher and I get te feeling there will be more depth than the first later on and in coin rush.

I can understand the 7. It's no sml3d (so far). Also anyone else finding te wall kicks quite trigger happy?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'd buy this on DS, but I aint getting a 3DS for it. How much 3Dness is there - do you think it's not DS in a desperate attempt to get more 3DSes shipped? I'm guessing so.
  • Sml3d uses the 3d much better but then it's in many ways a 3d game over this which is 2.5d. It's a but like the street fighter 4 use of 3d.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Their policy is to do only one 2D Mario game on each platform so they'd never have done another on DS. The 3D is pretty poorly implemented, to be honest. I've been playing it with it turned off, which is pretty rare for me.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Honest opinions as to whether you feel this is 30 quid's worth?
  • No. Thats only based on first few levels from a Nintendo/Mario fanboy.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Um... I think I got it day one because of GAME's pre-order thing and because I had some loyalty points worth a few pounds that I wanted to use up. I don't know if it's worth £30. I've had some fun times with it but, while it'll last a good few hours, it's not the meatiest game in the world, and the 3D implementation is right shit. It's good, but playing it hasn't given me the feeling that it's a game that must be experienced urgently. Wait for a price-drop if you have doubts.
  • I think I do, but I also have doubts that it will ever get a price drop.
  • yeah thats the point. It wont get a price drop. Get it 2nd hand if you want to play it.

Again, this is all early bird conjecture but so far its pretty run of the mill - even compared to sml3d which i think is worth 30quid.

i'd say this is 25 tops.

also on a side note, if you downloaded nsmb2, do you get the stars points for the catalogue?
  • Yeah I love 3D land, getting to close to 100% of coins now. Good shout on getting it second hand, I'll own it at some point.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm struggling with a decision as to whether I'll buy a 3DS or not. It's games like this that'll sway it for me, and it appears it's not worth it as of this moment.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think there's a promotion where you get double Star points with the download version, but I'm not sure how long it runs for.

Pretty sure NSMB for DS did get discounted, I remember buying it for somewhere in the low twenties.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    I'm struggling with a decision as to whether I'll buy a 3DS or not. It's games like this that'll sway it for me, and it appears it's not worth it as of this moment.

Even though this isn't super-amazing, there are other great games for 3DS. Super Mario 3D Land is fantastic, it's one of my favouritist Mario games ever.
  • Yeah what he said Haak, 3DLand is brill.

Ocarina of time works beautifully too.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I already own OOT three times over on the 64 and 'Cube. Not really in the business of paying for software I already own for the 3D gimmick (and sorry, but I really do think it's a gimmick. Any time I've tried to 3D in store or on my mates 3DS my eyes becomes strained after mere seconds, even on lower settings) so I really would be looking for original stuff. Anyway, this is the wrong thread for this discussion. Was just curious. 

:)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nick wrote:
    Honest opinions as to whether you feel this is 30 quid's worth?

Just about. You've played it before, but it's still charming enough to warrant a play. And if other Mario games on DS systems are to go by, this isn't going to come down in price that drastically.

However, if you haven't got 3D Land, start with that first. That's definitely worth 30 quid. Up there with [insert favourite Mario platformer here].
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nick wrote:
    Honest opinions as to whether you feel this is 30 quid's worth?

Good god no.
    I really don't get on with the 3ds, the games are just bog standard nintendo IP iterations and the whole e-store bit is hideous.
    Much prefer the Vita, shame there are so few games.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I checked out my nephew's Vita yesterday. Gorgeous piece of kit and the screen... omg the screen! But the interface once I fired it up was uninspiring. He had Gravity Rush, so I played aroud on that for a few minutes, would buy it if I had a Vita.

I then played my 3DS for around 4 hours during the rest of the day.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Strange, the only game I really liked on the 3ds was shadow wars - other than that everything else feels like updated SNES games, solid but nothing spectacular.
    I didn't own a PS2 so MGS, Raymans, Disgaea 3 and Everybodys Golf have all been hugely impressive on the Vita.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Tried out a Vita in a shop. Thoroughly underwhelmed, and left completely confused by the main menu UI.

Still, I'll probably grab one if it hits <£200 with a memory card and a game (preferably Little Big Planet).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    In other news, spent a good few hours today playing NSMB2. Thoroughly charming. Not quite as easy in the early stages as 3D Land, I've died a fair few times. I can see the true challenge coming in with the high scores in Coin Rush mode, though, rather than the main game proper.

You've seen most of it before, but it's left me grinning from ear to ear and wanting to go back to it as soon as I put it down.
  • I thought it was easier the 3dl.

I finished playing after world one and have 64 lives or something. I died once but only because I was on that canon firing speed level.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I've dropped down a fair few holes and run into a load of enemies. I don't remember dying at all in 3D Land until quite late in the game. I've still got 50+ lives because the game includes the old trope of 1Up for 100 coins, and it shits out coins like nobody's business. (The entire point of the game, no less.)

Not that it's in anyway difficult, just not as much as a walk in the park as 3D Land was to start with.

Odds on getting all the big coins and finding all the short cuts and secret levels will take a fair old while.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!