I'd buy you a green dress (but not a real green dress, that's cruel)
  • Tempy wrote:
    I can't be bothered to do it individually as it'd match the majority of the previous posters except i'd get a grand piano and a big bunch of guitars etc instead of a car.
    You could get both...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Never really paying attention to what things cost, I wouldn't really know where to put some things. Just gonna try and pretend those pounds are euro's.

£10 
    Hm, probably some Belgium beers

£100
    Expensive bottle of whisky, some proper meat or fish (not supermarket stuff), fresh vegetables and cook something amazing for Bas. Depending how many kg's the animal was, I might even invite some friends over for dinner (family is all too far away)

£1000
    Get my bike license sorted, and if there's enough left after that, take Bas out for dinner

£10,000
    Buy myself a bike (after I got the license of course), Bas thinks a  Harley Sportster suits me, that could go from 3000 to probably the full 10 000. With the money that's left, make a trip together through Europe, and sleep in hotels in stead of a tent.

£100,000
    The above, but travel further and longer, all on the bike. Send what I don't need to my mom. Save some as well, just in case.

£1m
    The above again, but here's where I'd start to look for a house with a garden, get my own vegetables in there, hire someone to look after them (that's where it usually goes wrong), make sure my mom's comfortable, give a friend some money so he can make the film he wants to make, make sure my brother can comfortably pursue the career he wants to, basically help friends and family out. Put some apart.

£10m
    Still travelling, might be the time to get a silly car as well, for on the driveway, save some money, send some to charities, make sure the life's of people I care for are more comfortable then they currently are. But, like Elm said, not just giving them money, but paying for studies they want, a good place to live, help for a startup etc. Invest in things that seem worth to invest in at that time (of course, I won't do that on my own, get some professional advice first)

£100m 
    I'd probably go crazy after seeing how little's there left when all the taxes etc are taken off...
    Still all off the above actually. I'd also like to get a proper pc, no job would mean I might go back to 3D stuff, build a game collection, eat out a lot, go to loads of festivals/gigs etc. This can also be put on some of the lower wins above, if there's anything left after all that travelling.

Biggest wish would be we could just travel around and needn't to care about money. Maybe be a high end camera, photograph a lot and see if you can shoot anything National Geographic worthy (think an old colleague of Bas had this luck, was able to sell some of his photo's to NG and got to do more for some features).
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    I can't be bothered to do it individually as it'd match the majority of the previous posters except i'd get a grand piano and a big bunch of guitars etc instead of a car.
    You could get both...

I don't drive and probably never will though. I've never seen the appeal.
  • Tempy wrote:

You can go to places that trains don't.
  • Also, I like the way Nina won't buy a new PC until she gets to £100M.  PC components are evidently expensive in the Netherlands :)
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

You can harness the power of over 300 steeds.
  • £10 - Overdraft decreases by £10

£100 - Overdraft decreases by £100

£1000 - Overdraft gone

£10k - Debt free (mortgage excepted)

£100k - Debt free, £50k towards mortgage, £15k new car for wife, £10k to charity, £15k to family

£1m - Debt free (incl mortgage), £15k new car for wife, £250k invested in savings etc, £100k to family, £500k to charity

£10m - Debt free, £15k car, £750k invested, £100k to family, £9m to set up sustainable charitable foundation

£100m - Debt free, £15k car, £2.35m invested, £2.5m to family, £95m to set up foundation
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

If I had that much money i'd pay someone to take me.
  • £100m Become this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-UlkQzFBGk4h3OdiK2UCMRJU4of7K1CEKnBxL9_BOzSttpfMAgw
  • Very generous of you, igor. Not the type for a life of luxury?
  • Anyone thought what they could blow £100mil on in one hit?

Real life Johnny 5, remake the second two Matrix films so they didnt suck, HOVERBOARDS
  • I did write that, its true
  • I'm going to register as a charity for when Igor wins.
  • Anyone thought what they could blow £100mil on in one hit?

Design a game, start a festival, or build a house.
  • Fuck it, Ive thought about it, I will spend £100mil on Hoverboard technology, providing it works I will make the money back no problem.

Gamble!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd like to amend my £100 million to pay the cast and crew of futurama to make a small tv series about the forum, and then just a collection of new memes.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    £10
    1 bottle of Rioja & some cheese.
    £1 to charity
    £1000 
    Above but:
    £100 to charities 
    plus:
    Component Parts PC Upgrades.
    £10,000
    Above but:
    1K to charities 
    plus:
    New Kitchen & Bathroom.
    £100,000

Above but:
    10K to charities 
    plus:
    Trip from england to st. helena via tenerife, acention island and cape town. 
    Remainder Driving lessons & reasonable long distance, car.
    10K to each to sis & bro's kids.
    Rest into assets.
    £1m 
    Above but:
    100K to charities  plus:
    Yachtsman's certificate.
    Fairline 26 Sunfury MKII
    10K to shared between sibs.
    10K to friends. (Holiday together.)
    Plus:
    Smallholding.
    Asset reinvestments.
    £10m 
    Above but:
    1M to shared between sibs.
    .5M to friends. (Holiday's each family.)
    .25M to each to sis & bro's kids.
    1M to charities 
    plus:
    Overseas property and land ownership.
    Emigrate.
    Innovate.
    Further asset reinvestment.
    £100m
    Above but:
    25M to charities.
    5M to shared between sibs.
    2.5M to friends. (Rent the virgin islands for two weeks + family holidays each.)
    1M to each to sis & bro's kids.
    plus:
    50M as venture capital.
    2million left over; sleep in it.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • In actual practice none of us would give any to charity we'd all just eat it.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I give ten percent of my earnings now to charity. I don't see that changing.

edit: obviously the more ridiculous the sum of income, the more the charity gets. i.e. 100M or more.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Don't lie, you just eat it. You take the money out of the bank and just shove it in your gob, like I do.
  • Venture capital Beano?
    Wanna invest in hoverboards with me, its almost like charity too, giving hoverboards to the world.
  • Interesting reading some of these :)

I imagine I'd go for (each includes all previous stuff) ...

£10 A really awesome filet steak.

£100 Jazz night out at Ronni Scott's.

£1000 Voigtlander Bessa II camera (beautiful 1950s folder that takes amazing pictures on medium format film) plus a DSLR for the missus.

£10,000 Pay off mine and wife's credit cards, holiday to France and give rest to NSPCC, NSPCA and Cat's Protection.

£100,000 Lotus Esprit (probably a S4 to drive and a S2 to tinker with), pay off a giant wedge of mortgage, give lots to parents.

£1,000,000 Mega house in California, apartment in Bordeux, house with vinyard in italy.

£10,000,000 Start small games dev studio.

£100.000.000 Buy a small Malaysian island.

£10000000000000000 buy a lvl 50 account on Halo 3.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    If I had that much money i'd pay someone to take me.
    This was rather my point.  If you fell into £100m you could buy a Mazda MX5 and pay an Eastern European to drive you around.

beano wrote:
    I give ten percent of my earnings now to charity. I don't see that changing.
    JW?
  • I dont want to live in a world where people are buying MX5s to he driven round in by an eastern european.

Having been driven places in an MX5 I can tell you it is not exciting or luxurious.
    At least get a Bentley.
  • Tempy isn't people.  I like the idea of Tempy in an MX5, with a ma-hoo-ssive Latvian driver/minder.
  • Lol, being slightly squashed against the passenger door.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!