Boom, headshot! The Counter Strike: GO Thread
  • Gah, my trial ran out also, just as I was getting to grips. The turmoil, I kind of like it, the matchmaking seems to want to put you with UK players, I might just fold...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Joiiiiin uuuuuss.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Didn't you see the amazing teleporting death machine when i was the last man? I wasn't doing bad myself after a while, but again I don't know how much of that is down to the lag.  Well I'm glad you like it, poor Swirl couldn't het a kill so he couldn't have been enjoying it.

There was definitely something wrong with that game. I initially thought it was because I hadn't clocked we were playing Competitive instead of Casual and I'd been forgetting to buy armour, but even with my kevlar on I was dying in record time. Even had a few guys kill me from around corners, which was a tad frustrating to say the least.
    FranticPea wrote:
    Swirly was top dog for a bit when you left!

Aye, I did much better after that game. Even went positive, which was nice.

Personal highlight of the night was me being the last one alive on CT on Italy, managing to take down two of the last three guys on the other team, and leading the hostages to the safe zone... only to be taken down six feet from victory.

Such a roller coaster. Love it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I was with you all the way on that one, agonisingly close.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, I also fell in love with the AUG/SIG 553; single scope, but you can take someone down in a couple of shots right down that long corridor leading up to the T spawn on Italy. Brilliant stuff.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I managed to win a game for us shortly after you were shot on the back.  As I led the Hostages down the same alley I decided to be extra cautious and slice the pie. Sure enough some guy is waiting to shoot us in the back again. 

Really enjoyed the games, we do need to work as a team more but that'll come when we learn the morass more. Not played hostages much before, I like it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    maps, not morass....
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I managed to win a game for us shortly after you were shot on the back.  As I led the Hostages down the same alley I decided to be extra cautious and slice the pie. Sure enough some guy is waiting to shoot us in the back again.  Really enjoyed the games, we do need to work as a team more but that'll come when we learn the morass more. Not played hostages much before, I like it.

Oh, yeah, I remember that. Had me doing this face :D
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Anyone about for a few games around 830-930 ish??
  • I've got half an hour of my trial left, might do.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Anyone about for a few games around 830-930 ish??

Dibs dibs dibbity dibs dibs dibs.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Erm...Missus is hogging the telly.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    How much fun is Arms Race?! I usually hate that sort of small map clusterfuck but my word it's addictive. Nearly won the game last night, assuming that pistols are the last set of weapons you work through. Think I was onto the last one on 26 kills and a guy with 27 won the game for us. 

Had a few decent games of bomb diffuse after as well with some talkative brummies. Great fun this game.
  • Do you find the majority of games you're being matched with UK/Euro players? I might just splurge if that's the case.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What are most of you playing this on? I can do either PC or Xbox, but I haven't seen a trail available for PC on steam.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I've got the 360 version. I'm starting to worry it might have been a mistake (full stop, not getting 360 ver). Seeing as the weather is shit who's up for some Bank Holiday afternoon delight to convince me otherwise?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Do you find the majority of games you're being matched with UK/Euro players? I might just splurge if that's the case.

Seems to be, though might just be luck.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    @Mod. Out today, could do tonight?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Cool.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Do you find the majority of games you're being matched with UK/Euro players? I might just splurge if that's the case.
    Seems to be, though might just be luck.

We got a Canadian chap last night, and that was a bit of a rarity. From my experience there's a lot of scousers on there.
    FranticPea wrote:
    @Mod. Out today, could do tonight?

What time? I'm definitely up for some games.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Around 9ish? Warned the Missus I want the telly around then...!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    OK
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Around 9ish? Warned the Missus I want the telly around then...!!

Dang, telly has been nabbed. Will jump on as soon as I can.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Sorry about bailing as soon as I got in, guys, my brother was trying out the demo and I didn't want to join a game where we couldn't be on the same team.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Enjoyed the majority of that, I was awful compared to last night though. It's a fun game, the short rounds make it addictive.
  • Having played so much Source on PC it's hard to stomach having to play the same game with a pad. Plus there's no way they'll support the 360 version very well. However, I was enjoying the trial last night and I don't currently have a PC to play it on anyway so I might be persuaded, the controls are baaad though.
    GT: Knight640
  • Yeah the console version has some really strange aim acceleration which is really irritating for a game that involves so much close quarter spraying. Its annoying that there are no options to change it, I think it would be a lot better with no acceleration or at least if it was a bit smoother.

Starting to realise that being good at this game is going to come down to how well you can use the AWP. At the very least you need to be able to use one of the scoped rifles as snipers dominate on the console version because of the awkward aiming resulting in players crouch shooting a lot.
  • That helps to explain it, I was trying to work out what was up with the aiming.
    GT: Knight640
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    At the very least you need to be able to use one of the scoped rifles as snipers dominate on the console version because of the awkward aiming resulting in players crouch shooting a lot.

You can make it easier to aim on the move by going into settings and assigning walk to something (I have it on left stick click). That way you can move quicker than crouching but still have a modicum of accuracy.

It's a bit mental that this isn't set up by default.
  • Thats not an issue as you can walk by using slight movements on the stick and generally aiming is the most awkward in close quarters when you really don't want to be walking anyway.

What is an issue though is having time based aim acceleration which they don't let you do anything about.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!