regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah. It's a sad thing- I obviously get on with Elm very well and we are good friends- but I would never want a censorship on the forum, unfortunately.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    From what I could tell in the mod thread, it came down to the fact that he was unwilling to name and shame. I think if he'd said something more concrete in there, more people would have stuck up for him (It seems like he had a genuine grievance and it seems as if Lawro did overstep the mark, but without being able to actually read what was said, it's difficult to make that judgment for sure). For whatever reason, he decided he was unwilling to go down the name and shame route and there was no other option.

FWIW, I'm glad that there's not an ignore button as it seems like a feature that only two people expressed a real desire for and many people were quite against, so democracy rules and all that.

Anyway, I hope he returns at some point.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    IIRC it turned out later that some of the stuff he was talking about had happened on another forum, not this one. It was a bit confusing.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I hope Elmlea hasn't left - who else is going to steadfastly defend Far Cry 2 against all opposition??
  • Who is this Euan guy anyway? Never heard of him before. Was he in oldrum or blurum?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • He was in oldrum.  Don't remember seeing him on blurum.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    IIRC it turned out later that some of the stuff he was talking about had happened on another forum, not this one. It was a bit confusing.
    He made it clear from the very start that things like PMs were on a different forum.  Unfortunately one or two missed that along the way, and then other people read the assumptions, and thought that they'd misunderstood, and when Elm came back he did correct the mistake, but because he didn't correct every single person every time they made the mistake, Lawro took the chance to lambast Elm for misleading everyone, when he'd done no such thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!