ZombiU
  • Tempy wrote:
    From the Superman comics.
    I see - it threw me because so far all the auto generated names i've seen have been pretty normal.
  • Ok, is there a way to name your character somewhere? Just killed 'JahirMx' zombie.

edit: i'm guessing it shows Nintendo ids for non-friend zombies and in game names for friends.

double edit: nope, JahirMx is also listed under friends list. Who owns these zombies?
  • Uh-oh, my old mate Harrison King killed cindemon :-(

What's worse is some new girl came and stole all his stuff.

I finally understand how this previous survivors stuff works. All eight of mine are currently, still roaming free. :D
  • Lol, did my BOB have any goodies?

I came across mistercrayons corpse, had to put him down, right thing to do.  His BOB was loaded, cheers for the rifle* MrC & sorry.  Also stumbled across  a different wiiu friend just outside the main safe house, so he must having troubles early on, like I was.  Wasted & robbed his corpse to.

*That rifle passed hands between 3 survivors before being lost in the abyss of Landan after a dumb ass, cocky move meant early death before retrieval of prev BOB.
  • Lost a load of shit, done for the night.  Killed by own stupidity 'cause I stored the wrong the kit, leaving what I needed on the floor, right next to where I finaly died as a final slap in the face.
  • Mostly flares, couple of mines and a bit of ammo I think? I'm guessing it would have been whatever you had on you when you died?
    cindemon wrote:
    Lost a load of shit, done for the night.  Killed by own stupidity 'cause I stored the wrong the kit, leaving what I needed on the floor, right next to where I finaly died as a final slap in the face.
    This game can be cruel, for sure.
  • I saw cindemon a couple of times (one had a 560 level) but I died before I could rob his stuff. Then I was Amy Evans for AAAAAAAGES and I gleefully took Crazyman's stuff but my glee was short lived as I figured out why he died there about 2 seconds afterwards. Then the next guy, some dentist saw Amy Evans but was ambushed by the left over zombies and so all Amy Evans gubbins has been lost to the ether.

The police Zombies are a right twat.
  • I killed one of yours last night right outside the safe-house but he didn't even have the decency to have anything on him.

Everyone stop dying right outside the safe-house! Means I have to deal with 'em before I can save.
  • Ref the zombie rozzers, helmet wearing basts.  Get them to climb over barriers if you can, all the zeds take the most direct route to your, warm fleshy ass.  With a barrier in front you can unleash hell with your trusty Gray-Nicolls & save on ammo.  Works even better & quicker if you can force them to crawl, as then you can one hit kill the dead mofo's.

Enjoyed yesterdays sesh, game still teaching me, last death was stupid, & seeing added friends dead as zeds or being alerted to one their deaths is cool, even more so(MrC pointed out) a semi decent score means at least a fair bit of kit in the BOB.
  • Hopefully will get a window later, as I must be inches away from finishing the section I am on.
  • Argh! Just died to a silly bug! Saw 3 frozen zombies and stupidly went closer to them and they all unfroze as well as spawning a couple more.

Luckily for the rest of you that means the chance to nab an easy shotgun.
  • Ouch.  Will keep an eye out for that section

I also make a habit of wasting every corpse I come across, moving or not, as I have had a few not show on the radar(due to no movement) & awaken as I near.

Your shotty is safe from my mits as I wont be on till later, if at all today :(
  • The bug killed me on my way to retrieve shotty so I can't get it back anyway, someone will get it.

Yeah, I love the false sense of security the motion sensor can give you but also it adds a lot of tension what with ravens and rats setting it off. I also take the heads clean off all zombies even if they are motionless, some of the dead (with heads still intact) ones really should come back now and again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, that's how I've been doing it, slowly and methodically removing the heads from all bodies just in case.
  • Played a little multiplayer and discovered a pretty fatal flaw in that the player spawning the zombies can only spawn up to eight while the survivor can just shoot their legs off making them no threat at all. Unless i'm missing something?
  • Played a little multiplayer and discovered a pretty fatal flaw in that the player spawning the zombies can only spawn up to eight while the survivor can just shoot their legs off making them no threat at all. Unless i'm missing something?

Well the zombie player can remove zombies at will, so shouldn't be an issue to just delete them and spawn more.
  • Ah, thought there must be a way. Do you just tap on them again to delete, yeah?
  • There's a cross at the bottom right of the screen if I remember right, tap that then the zeds you want to remove.
  • Pretty game or ropey?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Having watched some gamepay footage (why is it people that are crap at games that seem to make gameplay videos?) I am glad I cancelled my pre-order, just too dark and scary for my liking.

Is there an end to the game?
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Having watched some gamepay footage (why is it people that are crap at games that seem to make gameplay videos?)
    To be fair, your body has weight in this so you can't just run and jump about like you can in COD/Halo, I think it really adds a lot to the panic when being attacked i.e. it may have just looked like he was shit.

There is a story so I assume there will be an end to it but there will be re-playability in trying to survive for as long as possible and going for hi-scores. Did you just cancel the game or the whole system?
  • I thunk I'm a bit Luke you perm, a big girls blouse, part of the reason this is the only game I have is because of that. Means I have to man up a bit to play my new console!

Having said that may restart on easy as I panic when stuff jumps at me!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I cancelled the whole thing as this was the only thing I was interested in initially so I figured I'd just wait until there something else I wanted and buy a bundle then, with the news of the new Xbox being released before next Xmas I will now put the money into that pot.

Regarding the gameplay video, it wasn't the game or the animation that was crap but just the way the bloke seemed to be playing it, he came across as a bit shit. Just simple things like he had his torch on constantly (fair enough if it was dark but it was a lit area) and even though I haven't seen the game let alone played it even I know that the torch attracts the zombies. Saying that the bits that do require use of the torch look proper suspenseful!
  • The dark bits are FUCKING dark
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wait, Moto, you cancelled it because someone was playing it shit? That's a bit like boy buying SSFIV because you saw someone button mash
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Buckingham is well creepy
  • I saved my game at the first opportunity and then went for dinner and to do a house chore. When I came back, a message said console is going to shut down due to inactivity. It then shut down.

Hoping that can be switched off, otherwise it'll royally fuck up my gaming. Due to my (family oriented) lifestyle, I tend to have very erratic, inconsistent stop and start gaming sessions.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Wait, Moto, you cancelled it because someone was playing it shit? That's a bit like boy buying SSFIV because you saw someone button mash
    No I cancelled it weeks ago, it was the only game I was interested in and I knew it was the type that I wouldn't play because it's creepy! I only saw the shit player video today and I did point out he was a shit player not a player playing a shit game.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    My mate started this last night, he said it's fucking creepy and he died within the first 20 secs of starting the game! He said he's died around 20 times already within a few hours play!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I saved my game at the first opportunity and then went for dinner and to do a house chore. When I came back, a message said console is going to shut down due to inactivity. It then shut down.

Hoping that can be switched off, otherwise it'll royally fuck up my gaming. Due to my (family oriented) lifestyle, I tend to have very erratic, inconsistent stop and start gaming sessions.
    It warns you about that (and tells you how to disable it, when you first set up the machine, it's in the main settings somewhere)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!