Death by binge gaming
  • I can still spend a whole day playing games but its been a while nice I spent the whole day playing just one.  These days I'd find it easiest to do with something like Madden.  A game can take 30-60 minutes depending, so if you're moving through a season, a lot of time passes really easily.

I remember certin mammoth play sessions.  Metal Gear Solid was one.  Part of the reason was that it came along in February 1999.  I was in 3rd year at uni, which was the first year I'd not stayed at home.  Even when I was 18 and living at home, I still listened to my folks when they said that I'd been playing for long enough, so anything more than 4-5 hours was rare then.  I'd maybe been close when Tomb Raider came out, but with MGS I'd get up, shower, and play.  At least once my flat-mates asked if I was meant to have a lecture that day; yes, I did and yes; I'd missed it already.
  • Nick wrote:
    I don't see you in that thread no more Jon, so I'll take this opportunity to tell you I beat 4K solo at SL1!
    Nice. I did an SL1 run some months back - 4Ks is certainly a tough one (although I found Gwyn quite harsh too).

I haven't been in the thread since the PC version came out - waiting for the DLC on 360 and don't want to know anything. Besides, there's about 1500 new posts now.
  • Release date is 24th October in case you weren't aware.
  • It's spoiler free, bar the lovely HD shots I took of areas that everyone has already seen. I just got to the first DLC boss and beat it. Jesus fuck it was a challenge.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The play sesh that instantly springs to mind is for the release day of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.  I'd been playing the Poisson map on COD 3 (best mp map I've ever played) obsessively with a group of real life friends and family and we were all super excited for COD4.  I did a full days work then got home and did a good fourteen hours worth of mp fuelled by coffee and Red Bull.  Good fun, but none of that maps stood up to Poisson.

Beyond that, maybe Final Fantasy X.  Was new to RPGs at the time.  I was a bit of a rascal back then and was using all sorts to keep myself awake and playing.
    Get schwifty.
  • Last big marathon i remember was when Metal Gear Solid 3 came out (2005 - feels like longer than that), when i completed it in two sittings over the following weekend. As a teenager in the N64/PS1 days, i would happily spend a whole Sunday playing games - only stopping to eat and drink.

Lately, it has been a long while since i've played a videogame any longer than a 3-4 hour session tops. I hardly have enough time in a day to fit a couple of hours in...however I seem to have a renewed interest lately.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I do not recall the last time I played a game.  What do I win?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • A fuck in the punch.
  • Between Friday evening and now I've put about 20 hours or so into Borderlands 2. Jaysus.
  • I played Mario 64 for around 13 hours straight. My mate had the guide book (not that it was really needed) and was happy reading that while I played it.

Think we stopped playing around 8am. I went straight to bed shaking.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I think the longest I've every played a game for in one session was God of War. I had a busted Gamecube that would load up games but every one would crash after 10 mins, so I took it to Game, they obviously didn't test it for 10 mins and I got £58 to spend, so I bought the latest FIFA at the time and saw God of War on the shelf too. Now I'd never heard of it and if I recall there wasn't a huge hype around it.

So me, my best mate at the time and my missus at the time got back, got high, ordered pizza and then spent 16 hours straight playing it from start to finish with a couple of smoke and loo breaks in between.

Upon finishing and due to me being high, I fell asleep with a mars bar in my mouth.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Put in 32 hours of Blands 2 since Friday. My biggest binge since the every night for three months Trials HD days.
  • I once played a game for around 18 hours a day for several months.  It wasn't WOW.
  • I once wanked 6 times in one day.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I once ate a full packet of chocolate hob nobs in one go. I had to refill my cup of tea to continue.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Last night I played Resident Evil 5 for six minutes.  I feel faint.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aw yea
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I once ate a full packet of chocolate hob nobs in one go. I had to refill my cup of tea to continue.

Surely it's harder to not eat the full packet? I've never managed it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!