Torchlight 2
  • Had a proper session on this today. Started an Engineer and went from 1-20. Loved every second and I'm hooked. Taking a break now as five straight hours has taken its toll on my right index finger.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Now Blands is finished shall give this a bit more love
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Got some engineer love in too with the telly box taking time up with the Ryder cup. It just keeps on reminding me how great it is. 
    Only level 11ish mind so plenty to get cracking with yet. Genius.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • My beserker is up to level 40 and kicking arse.

Was co-opping with randoms yesterday and it was great, be good to get an B&B group in there
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Bumpity bump. Had a 40 odd lvl Engineer going strong before Ni No Kuni blew me away. Any folks round these parts still living the Torchlight love?
  • I've just started playing the game a bit, an engineer at around level 20 if I remember right.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Good lad chief. You on the Steam group hereabouts? Could easily start a new chara for shits and giggles or run a 40 odd around. 

No idea how far through the first run I am really but it's still fun. Have yet to dick around with the MP option mind, just seeing whats heeraboot of normal folks to play with potentially and not randoms. Anyone been playing on the B&B group or with oddballs?
  • I actually had no idea there was a Steam group.

I'm actually at level 27 now, on chapter 2. How many chapters are there? I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.
  • This thread has reminded me to start this. Female Outlander with a Ferret called Roosevelt.
  • Is it less 'cartoony' than the original, with a touch more gravitas in the art dept a la Diablo, or not?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • More cartoony, if that is even possible.
  • Its graphical style is lush. Reminds me of WoW.
  • First hour or two was utterly directionless, much like every game of this type. Vaguely enjoyed it, won't know until level 20/30
  • Tempy wrote:
    More cartoony
    Chief wrote:
    Reminds me of WoW.

Balls to that then.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Best of breed for me. Did a 2 ½ comlpete run through of Diablo 3 (Hell mode was it?) recently and this is already a good deal more fun so far. Had no history of Diablo so may have suffered from zero rose-tinteds but Diablo now seemed a high budget marketing push for a ebay type portal. Deleted and won't re-install.

Torchlight has none of that shite and just exists on a clicky, clicky grinding aesthetic. If you like that kind of guff then this would be a good punt. The graphorx are more than happy on my 2+ yr old Macbook Pro and that's about as important as it gets for me. I like the way they stylised it but can see that it may not be to everyones taste.. Odd choice of decider though?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!