You and your character type
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Forgot about the beat 'em ups. Street Fighter: Ryu, mainly because when I first played the game I thought I'd master him first then work on the other characters but mastery ended up being rather more elusive than I thought. Soul Calibur: Mitsurugi. The first time I played it as Soul Edge(?) on PS1 round at a mate's house I picked him because I thought he looked cool, I then proceeded to win every match I played for the next two or three hours. I've stuck with him ever since.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Hot skinny female, always. ".

I know what you mean. My character, Jocasta, has worked her way through the capital wasteland, Skyrim, Demons and Dark Souls and a bit of Pandora. I always go for a tactical character. I get bored with too much stealth. Mainly ranged but in Skyrim and Dark Souls I moved to a fast moving melee type.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Strictly distance based, pick 'em off from as far as possible. No good at sniping but it's my shooty method of choice, same with the sneaky archery in fantasy guff like Skyrim. Fighting games see me take on jumpy sorts, Vega in SF, Yoshi in Smash, coming in from above; 'cept in Soul Calibur, where I was boss with Kilik and his long hitting stick.
  • After an entire lifetime of various RPGs, beat 'em ups, customisable robot based shooty shooty games, the usual selection of soldier/stealth/mage seem dullsville, so these days I tend to go for the unconventional characters if such a choice exists. If nothign else, just for a bit of variety, for myself, and also in fighting games for my opponents, I hate seeing the same handful of characters over and over agaon, so I hope that whenever someone had to play my Hakan in SF they were like 'Oh, a Hakan, that makes a change'

Recentish examples being Q in Street Fighter 3, Hakan in Street Fighter 4, Algol and Dampierre in Soul Cal 5. Fallout 3 and New Vegas characters that were either hand to hand only (i.e fist weapons) and then on what turned out to be a hilrious naughty character playthrough; explosives only. Oh yeah I totally rolled an Ithorian smuggler in Star Wars Galaxies and a gnome tank build warrior aeons ago in WoW.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    My first WoW character was a Dwarf Rogue so I have to parrot Roujin when it comes to unconventional characters. Sniper rifles are frightening pro weapons but gay.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    I tend towards the lean, athletic type (much like myself as I am a minor superhero) with ranged weapons - praps because I need that slight detachment from the horrific reality of ending a life? Or simply that I am shit at close quarters combat.

In Skyrim I went with a  human warrior called "Stranger" so there we have the need for cloaking and anonymity, yet I have slowly leaned towards the magic side of the skills trees.....I just wanted a humanoid look - I find it very difficult to play looking like a reptile or something even more stupid.

I think a lean athletic, magicky type of dude is my closest ideal avatar......hence in Diablo, the demon hunter is my choice and perhaps the closest fit for my playing style and yes my outlook on life: "take them out at range and then leap in and fucking destroy every last one of them as quickly as possible".............

Borderlands 2 I find that Zer0 is a pleasing mix of ranged sniper and then sword wielding loon - works for me and if things get too sticky - stay back........that last approach is perhaps another lamentable personality trait (or habit) of mine.......I am a fucking coward. 

I need to change this aspect of my character - the need to be constantly liked and be a puppet of a Yes Man.....again, perhaps the shadowy and strong characters I like are a yearning for an attitude that has a little more "yeah, I see your point, but piss off...."

In WOW I was a dwarf. He was ace. A paladin, so he could help people, but he stood on his own two feet man and had a simple, solid outlook to life. I think he is probably my all round fave, although not as sexy as the demon hunter, he had a good mix of ranged magic and a massive bloody axe.
    rest less
  • I love the slow paced tension of stealth games so I'll lean toward what ever the stealthy option is in games really.
  • In sports titles I tend to go tall, as I'm 6 6".

So in Fifas etc I go real height and then make myself in to some sort of speedy tall left footed winger/forward.

In NBA2k I always go 6 10" powerforward with a jumpshot and big rebounding.

In class based stuff: usually hack and slasher/solider. Although with Blands 2 I went gunzerker first.

Have taken to mages and stealth in a couple of titles recently.

Dark Souls I went dex first. Ended up trying literally every class though.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I use my real height and weight in sports stuff. I figure if Gary Neville made it, I should be alright.
  • I make myself taller.  I add a quarter inch and say I'm 5'9".
  • I only add the height in bball because I've played centre/forward all my life at 6 6", but in the NBA/pros that's basically Guard height.

Adjusting for inflation or something.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is there actually room (aha) for short people in basketball?

Asking for a friend. Yeah.
  • In NBA about 6 2 is about the limit I reckon. There's been a few who were shorter and good, but its a rarity. Still, barea helped the mavs win 2 years ago, and Nash has gone to la as part of a championship tilt.
  • I prefer light with fast weapons where possible (fast close combat is probably the best in Dark Souls). I did pretty much snipe my way through ME3 though, and I'll always pick up a sniper rifle when one's available. Then again, my first ME2 character was a biotic and that was probably more fun.

Oh and Ken, always Ken.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Stylish and/or camp.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    I prefer light with fast weapons where possible (fast close combat is probably the best in Dark Souls). I did pretty much snipe my way through ME3 though, and I'll always pick up a sniper rifle when one's available. Then again, my first ME2 character was a biotic and that was probably more fun. Oh and Ken, always Ken.

one of the great, great pleasures of gaming for me is the well placed sniper shot.......haiku - like in its feeling of satisfaction, often making up for a more when the whole game may be less than great. Sniper characters are sexy, cool and the bestest.
    rest less
  • Medium weight weapons are easiest in Bushido Blade, but with a bit of practice the light/fast and heavy/slow weapons are devastating.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!