Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    djchump wrote:

Unfortunately I share Spotify with a 6 year old, but as per the start of the thread it seems Disorder is still my favourite.

2zghyzt.jpg
  • :-D

Don't lie though, The Poo Poo Song and Cotton Eye Joe are from you. And that's 6 songs there, so Joy Division drops off your top 5. I don't make the rules.
  • I just tried the Spotitracks thing and it’s showing The Waterboys and Ryan Adams as my top two tracks ever. That can’t be right. I don’t like either artist and haven’t even heard of the songs. There’s quite a lot of tracks in their list for me which are waaaay off base.

I’m gonna go change my Spotify password right now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It showed a load of weird stuff for me too, until I realised that it was logging in for another member of my family account. My account was a bit of a surprise. Not sure how Satyricon got into the all time top ten. I do like that song KING though.
  • Weird thing is that I have Spotify linked to Last.fm for logging my listening … and none of those off-base tracks are showing up on Last.fm.
  • Spotitracks could be way off for all I know - just saw a link when I was searching for how to find my top tracks.
    TBF though, other Spotify API examples give me the same results - e.g.: http://static.echonest.com/NowPlayingOnSpotify/#

So really, what isn't clear is how Spotify is rating the songs as "your top tracks". Maybe it isn't based on just the number of listens to the track itself, there might be other analtics kicking in for the weightings.

However, I still cry when I think about Frantic's poor "Discover Weekly" playlist every monday.
  • I reckon my top 10 is accurate as they are all songs I've learnt on guitar apart from Chartjunk cos it's too hard.

Smooth Sailing - Queens of the Stone Age
    Tigers - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
    Stick Figures In Love - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
    I Sat By The Ocean - Queens of the Stone Age
    Senator - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
    Lariat - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
    The Ideal Husband - Father John Misty
    Discretion Grove - Stephen Malkmus
    Chartjunk - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
    Futurology - Manic Street Preachers
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mrs Pea shares it too so Discover Weekly is all over the shop.

Daily Mix is always great though, and only has stuff I listen to. Weird that.

vymbm0.png
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think I like Manchester bands.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fuck a Spotify, also I can't do a top 5
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Do a top 3 then.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That I can do.

Evie Part 1
    Evie Part 2
    Newspaper Mama
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Always had faith in you.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ten rapid fur skerret
  • Ignoring what Spotify tells me, I think my updated top 5 would be...

Visions of Johanna - Bob Dylan
    Me & Bobby McGee - Kris Kristofferson
    Ruby & Carlos - James McMurtry
    Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen
    Blue Umbrella - John Prine

Blue waterproof stuff ftw.  Wish I'd Tempy'd it and done a 10, the culling was tough.
  • I dunno what my actual top5 is, I was just grabbing the Spotify stuff
  • Ah.  Only three of your original choices are still showing - Marquee Moon, Terrible Love, A Lady of a Certain Age.  Still in contention?  24hrs is a long time for something like this, let alone 5 years.
  • I love it, but I also reckon the only time Steve Earle's Guitar Town has been one of my top 5 tracks ever was in the moment I sat down to do my original list.
  • Lady of a Certain Age and Marquee Moon would probably stick
  • Top 5 is impossible and would change year by year I reckon. As of right now the songs I would be compelled to include are:

The Avalanches - Saturday Night Inside Out
    Leonard Cohen - The Partisan (Songs from the Road live version)
    Dream Theater - The Count of Tuscany

Still cant convince myself of two more. Tough to split a few.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • iTunes tells me my top 5 listened to in the last year are:

Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti - So Glad
    The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
    Jam City - Today
    Ariel Pink - Lipstick
    The Fall - Last Orders

Not exactly a top five ever (I think I added them way back when this thread first came around) but good enough. Looking back on my original list there’s about a thousand more I’d like to add.
  • Lazarus (12” version) - The Boo Radleys
    Reservations - Wilco
    Vanishing Point - New Order
    Weaponized - bravecaptain
    Comforting Sounds - Mew

x
  • I’ve been thinking about this thread and I just can’t bloody do it. I can’t pick five. It’s not enough.

I doubt a top 50 would be enough. My brain’s just not wired this way.
  • I think I can do my number one. Blood of a Young Wolf by Buck 65. Beyond that I’m lost. As soon as I start to think about it 10, 20, 30-odd songs start springing to mind and I can’t prioritise them over one another.
  • I quite liked Buck 65 back in the day
  • I like these threads

Nick Drake - Time has Told Me
    The Smiths - Rusholme Ruffians
    The Beach Boys - In My Room
    Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel the Illinoise!
    The Stone Roses - Elephant Stone
  • Spotify says my top 5 are:

Run Away With Me
    I Really Like You
    Making The Most Of The Night
    Cut To The Feeling
    Emotion

probably right in terms of played, certainly not top 5 ever clearly. Although this week Paradise By The Dashboard Light breaks the CRJ stranglehold.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oohh I didn't do a proper Jungle/DnB one okay there's eight shoot me, I'm missing out about 30. The first is the greatest build up to anything ever. The B side is Alien Girl ffs, probably the best vinyl an artist has pressed fuck it I've added Alien Girl I'll stop now.

Baraka is a treasure. That second drop on Whiplash sends me ballistic (tease that into a mix and I'm smashing summat), Deadline's construction is masterful, Soundwall is a God at work, Dillinja has knocked out so many next level tracks but The Angel's Fell oh my days. I adore Mr Majestic, its my go to summer track and Jah Dread is a slice of raw heaviness from my own personal DnB idol - 1:55 son get in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!