Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm PS4 for co-op possibilities with a pal new to the series.

Have DM, the judicious giant thing and Leide(?) and dad to go, plus end boss chap, so nearly knocked off the DLC for DSIII.  Maxed Heavy Dark Sword and maxed Black Knight GS are my baes.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I suppose it will still be fine when it goes offline, but I wanna see this boss online that I’ve heard mentioned where and elsewhere. Old Monk or someone? Dunno anything about it whatsoever except that you should be online to get most out of it.

Last Boss in the Latria area - starting at the prison. Go through there, defeat the Idol, then up the tower to the maneaters. Once they’re down, it’s Old Monk time. If you don’t get a connection leading up the stairs to the Boss, load out and try again.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Which console are most people getting Dark Remaster on by the way? I’ve always Darked on Microsoft but might go Ps4 this time.

I’m going Switch because I want to play it in the go and the console suits my short burst gaming time nowadays. I can’t remember the last time I got more than 10 mins free time to play a game uninterrupted
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Can't see that it would suit a handheld or short bursts of play, personally.

Anyway, the price seems reasonable (under £30 in some places) and I'll probably be up for it at some point, but no rush.
  • JonB wrote:
    Can't see that it would suit a handheld or short bursts of play, personally.

Anyway, the price seems reasonable (under £30 in some places) and I'll probably be up for it at some point, but no rush.

The Switch’s inbuilt sleep mode is going to be my friend. The game may not have a pause function but the hardware does :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah, that's quite useful. It's shite that they've never put a pause function in these games.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah, that's quite useful. It's shite that they've never put a pause function in these games.
    I get why they didn’t admit never used to bother me but now I have kids if a game doesn’t have a pause function or the ability for me to take it with me when I settle them then it won’t get played
  • Pause wouldn’t work for any persistent online game would it? But I guess they could’ve put it in if you were offline for whatever reason.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah "rest mode" on ps4 dks3 just bumps you back to three main menu when you turn it on again (if you were online).
  • Ah balls
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Pause wouldn’t work for any persistent online game would it? But I guess they could’ve put it in if you were offline for whatever reason.
    Makes more sense when you put it that way. I'd always thought they'd done it just to be evil.
  • But then again with Souls on a portable console surely they must’ve made concessions for those who play with no internet connection? Therefor allowing pause or system sleep mode for the offline game
  • No internet connection will just mean you don’t get messages on the floor - as if you were playing offline. I doubt they’ll do anything else.
  • Oh I'm sure they'll cater for that. The Switch version is separate from the console versions.

Not being able to pause is essential to the Souls series. Having a pause button would mean you could just pause in a boss fight and switch weapons about willy nilly like Zelda, which is a shit way to approach combat.

With Souls you can switch out your gear, but it comes at a risk. How it should be.
  • Real time switching etc is fine. Dunno about others but I miss pausing for when my kid needs me or when I need to go loo etc. 

Quitting and going back in means going through loading again which can be annoying (for some). I think I did Dark 1 in 90 hours, a lot of that is motherfucking archers on motherfucking ledges, but also finding a safe spot and standing there while I go have dinner etc.
  • I certainly don't think that accessing menus should pause the action. But you could have a separate pause function that stops everything, at least offline.
  • Oh I'm sure they'll cater for that. The Switch version is separate from the console versions. Not being able to pause is essential to the Souls series. Having a pause button would mean you could just pause in a boss fight and switch weapons about willy nilly like Zelda, which is a shit way to approach combat. With Souls you can switch out your gear, but it comes at a risk. How it should be.

Not a pause like that!! Just an old school pause. A 'my kid has just fallen down the stairs but fucking fume knight is on a sliver of health' pause. Or 'i'm really fucking dying for a piss but i can't see a bonfire anywhere' pause. All you can do when paused is unpause.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Real time switching etc is fine. Dunno about others but I miss pausing for when my kid needs me or when I need to go loo etc. 

Quitting and going back in means going through loading again which can be annoying (for some).

Yep. I need to be able to pause the game in order to play. Hence why I haven’t touched MP on anything properly in over a year.
    Can you imagine playing on a train and your stop comes up, you put the console in sleep mode and chuck it in your bag. You get home, wake the switch and... you’re back at the main menu.

Would be awful. Wouldn’t work on the Switch
  • Djornson wrote:
    Oh I'm sure they'll cater for that. The Switch version is separate from the console versions. Not being able to pause is essential to the Souls series. Having a pause button would mean you could just pause in a boss fight and switch weapons about willy nilly like Zelda, which is a shit way to approach combat. With Souls you can switch out your gear, but it comes at a risk. How it should be.

Not a pause like that!! Just an old school pause. A 'my kid has just fallen down the stairs but fucking fume knight is on a sliver of health' pause. Or 'i'm really fucking dying for a piss but i can't see a bonfire anywhere' pause. All you can do when paused is unpause.

Yeah that could work I suppose. It wouldn't be the full Dark Souls though. With this remaster I want the full invasion and co op experience. The six player madness on Bone and PS4 is gonna be brilliant. Not sure the six player stuff is coming to Switch though.

Really hope they get gravelording implemented properly. I can't wait.
  • And yea, we all want that too. For that I’d go for Xbox but for Switch... I want a pause
  • Pause is for the weak. Or the Wook.
  • Or those who attention is needed every second of the day?
  • Oh stop it. The way you bang on about it you'd think you were the first ever dad!! Share your parenting duties man!!!
  • Hey, all I’m saying is there’s a reason why we never get to play together online lately and it’s because my house is fucking mental :)
    Give me my damn pause button!
  • Pause should be viable when not connected to other players online. While playing vs. or coop, it'll probably be inaccessible to prevent giving rage quiters an edge. As it should be.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Hey, all I’m saying is there’s a reason why we never get to play together online lately and it’s because my house is fucking mental :)
    Give me my damn pause button!

Okay okay!! Here.

• That’s a full stop! Not a pause!

This....

...is a pause
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fucking hell this game takes you to the brink. I had Gael down to a sliver, a skerrick of health, stiff breeze would have done the trick. I'm out of estus and have about 15% health left but he's staggered, vulnerable, my stamina has just recharged enough for a final blow and as I raise my sword for the killing strike... I get hit by lightning in that exact spot. Not been hit by lightning once the entire set of attempts, and now it suddenly appears. Sigh.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Woop, exact same thing. What cunt thought this up.
  • Probably Miyazaki himself!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!