Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    attemptimyimg

You can't get fooled again!
  • My phone is really bizarre sometimes.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    He was a charlatan.
    No he wasn't.  He was possibly over-exalted/promoted.  Like I'm sure many other creatives/inventors are/were. But it depends on what you had in mind when you wrote that.
    A glorified magician.

Still don't know if you're joking, because, you know, it would have been nice to know what your opinion is based on, but this is a good read if you, like myself, wondered what Griff might be talking about...

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

While it's hard to do with all the arrows pointing all over the fuck, reading the stuff printed in black first, and taking it seriously is the best way to take the whole thing in.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Did he put a bra on his head?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    If he made Kelly Le Brock too, then he transcends the scope of a mere legend...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Musk is Chet.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Lol!

To tie off this odd intertextual intanglement, I'm sure Tesla must have been the original inspiration for Tony Stark... Synonymous with the actor Robert Downey Jr, who oddly enough, was an antagonist in Weird Science...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Now we're getting somewhere.
  • I decided to check out the Joe Rogan podcast. And lo in the most recent episode his guests were Graham Hancock with geologist backup and some scientists from Skeptic Magazine. I dont find Rogan particularly funny but I really like the way he let the guests duke it out and allow them to get pretty technical(Though he heavily sided with Hancock). Hancock mostly came across pretty well and seems an intelligent chap.
    The skeptics were (according to them) representing mainstream science. And they came across as a couple of petulant children. One of them was drafting an article about Hancock for Skeptic Magazine. He made the mistake of publishing the draft on his site for his students to read,which Hancock found. He called Hancock a con artist and a duper. He also blatantly misquoted from Hancock's books. So clear were the misquotes etc that the editor repeatedly apologised to Hancock and assured him the issues would be fixed. I got the sense that the skeptics utterly disagree with Hancock but had trouble actually pining inaccuracies from his books on him and so resorted to simply having a go.
    But the skeptic guys REALLY did themselves no favours. They were even having a go at Hancock about changing his view from a flood being the global catastrophy to a comet/asteroid impact. As Hancock said himself, new scientific evidence emerged and thats why the change. Makes no sense to me to doggedly pursue an idea if it has been clearly proven wrong.
    To sum it up, IMO Hancock and his crew put forth a pretty clear argument about the possibility of a mass extinction event all but wiping out an advanced culture around 12k years ago, not 100% convincing or anything but enough circumstantial evidence to warrant a closer look at least. But the mainstream guys came across as totally closed minded douches. Their argument seemed to be that yes Graham you have found anomalies,but thats all they are, now fuck off. Anyhoo well worth a listen methinks.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Makes a lot of money Graham Hancock doesn't he? Five million books!
  • Apparently Hancock believes the Universe is going to punish us humans for being immoral via a big comet that's going to kill us all in 2030. Too much wanking probably.
  • Funnily enough he doesn't elaborate because he doesn't know, but the ancients knew, and apparently it's bad.
  • Lemme guess, he tells us all about it in his tell-all book, available in all good bookshops, and many terrible ones as well?
  • Or not enough.

We will get together and all wank at the same time and our glorious geyser of jism will be inhabited by the spirits of our ancestors and they will create a barrier which will repel the meteor.

Like so:

vukloojuckslmtavshhh.gif
  • Tempy wrote:
    Or not enough.

We will get together and all wank at the same time and our glorious geyser of jism will be inhabited by the spirits of our ancestors and they will create a barrier which will repel the meteor.

Like so:

vukloojuckslmtavshhh.gif

Those broad shoulders DS.
  • From what I gathered on the podcast he thinks there is a region of space that the earth periodically passes through that massively increase the risk of comet impact and apparently we are due to pass through again soon. But meh yeah he doesnt know really. I think he is trying to crowbar whatever catastrophy in that fits his theory that Atlantis was real pretty much.
    I didnt realise though how little of Globeki Tepi has been uncovered.
  • From what I gathered on the podcast he thinks there is a region of space that the earth periodically passes through that massively increase the risk of comet impact and apparently we are due to pass through again soon. But meh yeah he doesnt know really. I think he is trying to crowbar whatever catastrophy in that fits his theory that Atlantis was real pretty much.
    I didnt realise though how little of Globeki Tepi has been uncovered.

You gather wrong. It's definitely some Universal punishment according to him. I'd link the interview but can't be arsed.
  • From what I gathered on the podcast he thinks there is a region of space that the earth periodically passes through that massively increase the risk of comet impact and apparently we are due to pass through again soon. But meh yeah he doesnt know really. I think he is trying to crowbar whatever catastrophy in that fits his theory that Atlantis was real pretty much. I didnt realise though how little of Globeki Tepi has been uncovered.
    You gather wrong. It's definitely some Universal punishment according to him. I'd link the interview but can't be arsed.
    Ah Im just going on what he said in the podcast. I was about 15 or so when I actually read Fingerprints. He can fuck off with his "Universal punishment" tho. Right off.
  • He's right though about not spending enough looking for Astroids of Certain Doom, so that's something.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Weird how those ancients are aware of a comet heavy region of space, it takes our solar system at least 225 million years to orbit the Milky Way.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Lack of Dino UFO evidence posts is disappointing. I hope he hasn't flounced.
  • He's right though about not spending enough looking for Astroids of Certain Doom, so that's something.
    f'sho. that seems quite sensible and seems to be getting more attention lately.

@bad_hair_day I dont think the ancients were aware, they got trounced yo.If they existed at all that is.

@SpaceGazelle Hopefully he aint been abducted....or had a run in with the MiBs.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    He's right though about not spending enough looking for Astroids of Certain Doom, so that's something.

No point looking for "asteroids of certain doom" far more sensible to look for "asteroids of preventable harm"
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Superfly, I mean in the context that humans have only been around 250 thousand years at most, so nobody was about to survive something the Earth supposedly passes through every 250 million.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I think it's a fairly feasible notion that us humans have been around a lot longer than the currently considered estimate. Shit is getting older everyday. Modern man has been around for the blink of an eye, and we're mostly still arrogant enough to think that a cataclysmic event isn't due, so we don't bother worrying about it.

We'll probably blow the shit out of each other before the next meteor hits anyway.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Lack of Dino UFO evidence posts is disappointing. I hope he hasn't flounced.

Fuck off you stupid cunt. Hows that for a response mother fucker? You can just leave me alone can you? Prick.

Hi. How are you on this fine day?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!