Netflix
  • The only thing NOW TV was good for, apart from the MS points, was showing that the £5.99 a month for Netflix is stellar value.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The £6/month for UK access and an extra bit (UNblockUS) for global access to all the varying Studio rights negotiations rubbish really does expose Sky's limitations at times. They do also have some exclusive stuff too mind. 

The quality from Netflix also seems a step above. More often than not they'll chuck out a decent enough HD(isn) picture and a Dolby Digital soundtrack. Sky/NowTV… not so much..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't know what Hulu Plus is but was always under the impression Hulu in its original incarnation was a vaguely cross broadcaster iPlayer.

Like that site we had here, that died on its arse.
  • I cancelled Netflix after the trial, prefer Lovefilm to be honest. Not enough choice (apart from being able to stream latest Breaking Bad!)

Saying that Lovefilm's streaming options are still a bit shit. Usually just rent games and blu ray disks though.
  • I really don't think for £6 a month with no contract or streaming limits, and with mobile and console apps, Netflix can be scoffed at by any stretch.

NOW TV also has a two device limit, and I'm not aware Netfix has any such restriction.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I believe Netflix operate a 3 signed in at once limit, but there's no limit on devices you can have the app/account on.

New House of Cards starts as a Netflix exclusive in a few days. Then Arrested Development in a month or so. Woohoo.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I cancelled my Netflix the week before last. And got two emails off them this week about coming back.

I wouldn't have minded but I had asked them to delete my account. I had a two tweet 'rant' about it when it happened.

Then it was pointed out to me that they'd have no way of checking if I had signed up before and you've got to prevent people from doing that so save the email address.

However, if it's down to an email addy, then that's easy to dupe. But then I thought, maybe it's not just the addy they keep. Mybe it's the whole lot. Home address, card details and addy.

That irks me quite a bit. I wonder how they do keep a track and prevent repeat trial abusers and what data they retain. I can't remember reading anything about retention in the T&C.

I'm simply irked but I'm questioning everything I've ever signed up for or cancelled.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • For all those paying for access to US streaming services, why not just download illegally?

I guess it's slightly morally better. But still legally dubious, right?

We'll be cancelling Sky Movies soon and going with Netflix, but we will miss the kids films from Disney.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    if your not botherd about the legality of streaming services may i suggest....
    http://www.1channel.ch/
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I guess you use them a lot; what's the quality of streams like in general like, davie? I've only used legitimate sources for a few years. Last time I tried a pirate streaming site they were ratty as hell.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • WorKid wrote:
    For all those paying for access to US streaming services, why not just download illegally? I guess it's slightly morally better. But still legally dubious, right? We'll be cancelling Sky Movies soon and going with Netflix, but we will miss the kids films from Disney.

Because that doesn't give any money back to those producing the stuff. It's like asking why people import games rather than getting a copy.

I wouldn't pay for UK Netflix, as it's quite frankly is a shower of shit. US Netflix has a ton of stuff on it worth watching. If that was available on the UK, I'd be happy to use that service. As is, I'm paying someone else a bit more to access a better range. I guess that says they could price it higher if they actually had anything on it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I presume I need to do this in conjunction with something else and not just by changing my country?
  • Never tried it with a TV, but I guess.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    beano wrote:
    I guess you use them a lot; what's the quality of streams like in general like, davie? I've only used legitimate sources for a few years. Last time I tried a pirate streaming site they were ratty as hell.

its been great, especially during awards season.
    iv been downloading from here more lately though........
    http://www.ps3divx.net/
    2/54 have had cinevia protection though but thats my own fault for not checking comments before download.
    (cinevia can ge bypassed by putting ps3 calendar forward 10 or so years....though i had to do it 3 times on 1 movie....i shoulda just download' from another link but got lazy.......both with not checking comments and not trying another link) 

theres also a forum called biohazard..dream a little dream but iv lost my logins ages ago but its excellent for new stuff too.

ps3divx and biohazard are both for use on ps3 btw. :)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!