Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Plays great, looks gorgeous and lovely track design. First B&B session booking for Weds/Thurs?
  • Finally completed the demo's checkpoint challenge level!

On easy.

God only knows how many attempts it bloody took.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • JRPC wrote:
    Gah, I wasn't planning on this. Maybe a Christmas present.
    Only £25 pretty much everywhere...?

Yes, but that's money I wasn't planning on spending. Halo is the only game I've bought in months, because I've not been able to afford anything.
  • Going to have a go tonight.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Olimite wrote:
    Plays great, looks gorgeous and lovely track design. First B&B session booking for Weds/Thurs?

I'm in!

Amazon-willing.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • JRPC wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    I'm in! Amazon-willing.

Me too, with the same strings attached.  Bagsy Joe Musashi.
  • Please still be playing this after Xmas...
  • Right to clear up some of the stuff I wasn't sure about.

"Career mode" is basicly the SP menu. In that is all the normal options plus "World Tour" which is a series of events across different "worlds" unlocked one after the other getting increasingly difficult. This is where you will be unlocking characters and tracks, most people will want to go through this at some point even if MP is your focus.

"Mods" are unlocked for each character, each mod is labelled Standard/Balanced/Handling/Boost. These are unlocked by levelling each character, exp being earnt by doing various things during races.
    There are also "console mods" these are unlocked in the World Tour mode and applied to a bunch of characters at once e.g the Mega Drive Mod was applied to Sonic, Eggman, Tails and Knuckles. They again just moved the stats around.

Leaderboards are there but appear to only be global boards, I couldn't find an option for comparing Friend's times, however none of my friends have this game so it may show up then.

All Star mode is confusing. It turns you into a plane that kind of hovers rather having the full z movement. Pressing the fire button does something but I can't work out what.

Sonic themed levels seem to be lacking the feeling of the 16 bit games, Sky Sanctuary looks and feels like the Generations' level which is nice but I would have preferred a true 16 bit classic like Chemical Plant. saying that, I'm not done yet so I may unlock one yet.

Oh and this game is hard, it will take some real practice to A grade every level, even the races can be really tough.
  • Both Kart racers have pretty much bombed on release.

Cartoon racers F1 Race Stars and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed spent their first weeks even lower, in 26th and 27th respectively. Sonic
    The Forum Herald™
  • That is a shame, read F1 is a bit poop but this seems to be fairing well.

It may pick up a bit next month as the xmas rush starts to kick in more and the WiiU is released.
  • A real shame, but has there been much advertising of this?

I don't think I've seen a TV advert.
  • Bob wrote:
    Both Kart racers have pretty much bombed on release.

Cartoon racers F1 Race Stars and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed spent their first weeks even lower, in 26th and 27th respectively. Sonic

What about LBP Karting, has anyone bought that? I was intrigued until the middling reviews appeared. Unfortunately there isn't a demo either.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    A real shame, but has there been much advertising of this? I don't think I've seen a TV advert.

I didn't even know it was out until I walked into the shop on Friday.
  • Definitely picking this up at the end of the week, had a grand time with the first last Christmas. Plus anything with Arcadia is fucking boss in my books, by default.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Both Kart racers have pretty much bombed on release. Cartoon racers F1 Race Stars and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed spent their first weeks even lower, in 26th and 27th respectively. Sonic
    What about LBP Karting, has anyone bought that? I was intrigued until the middling reviews appeared. Unfortunately there isn't a demo either.

LBP Karting limped into the late twenties teh week before (24th the first week 28th this week). I think we can safely assume the market for non Mario Karting games if fucked.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I fear it has been tarnished by so much shite over the years it is hard for the decent ones to shine through.

Same goes for anything with Sonic in it too, Generations and this are decent games both over looked.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    How did Blur do sales-wise, Bob - do you remember? I know it didn't chart well.
  • Oh forgot to mention the Nights track is awesome and I don't even like Nights. Fans will wet themselves.
  • Blur eventually creeped to 10th in the UK charts. I think that was it's high point.
  • Oh forgot to mention the Nights track is awesome and I don't even like Nights. Fans will wet themselves.

Hello! ;-)
  • I'm holding out for the Vita version for Christmas.. - hoping it's console like port, similar to NFS MW..
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Rayman wrote:
    I'm holding out for the Vita version for Christmas.. - hoping it's console like port, similar to NFS MW..

Booooo!
  • Rayman wrote:
    I'm holding out for the Vita version for Christmas.. - hoping it's console like port, similar to NFS MW..

£25 at Play. ME too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Oh forgot to mention the Nights track is awesome and I don't even like Nights. Fans will wet themselves.

Hello! ;-)

If this game wasn't essential to me before, it is now!

• I was just thinking back through it, if I remember rightly each lap of the Nights track is different. You start in a green fieldy type area then each lap get warped to a different environment before being warped back again.
  • Space Harrier in this?
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Here are all the stages/content AFAIK.

Dragon Cup
        Ocean View (Sonic Heroes) - Car/Boat
        Samba Studios (Samba the Amigo) - Car/Boat
        Carrier Zone (After Burner: Climax) - Car/Boat/Plane
        Dragon Canyon (Panzer Dragoon) - Car/Boat/Plane

Rogue Cup
        Temple Trouble (Super Monkey Ball) - Car/Boat
        Galactic Parade (Sonic Colors/Colours) - Car/Plane
        Seasonal Shrines (Shinobi) - Car/Boat
        Rogues' Landing (Skies of Arcadia) - Car/Boat/Plane

Emerald Cup
        Dream Valley (NiGHTS into Dreams) - Boat/Plane
        Chilly Castle (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg) - Car/Boat
        Graffiti City (Jet Set Radio) - Car/Plane
        Sanctuary Falls (Sonic & Knuckles)- Car/Plane

Arcade Cup
        Graveyard Gig (The House of the Dead) - Car/Boat
        Adder's Lair (Golden Axe) - Car/Boat/Plane
        Burning Depths (Burning Rangers) - Car/Boat
        Race of Ages (SEGA Tribute race) - Car/Boat/Plane

Classic Cup
        Sunshine Tour (Samba the Amigo)(Returning) - Car Only
        Shibuya Downtown (Jet Set Radio Future)(Returning) - Car only
        Roulette Road (Sonic Heroes)(Returning) - Car only
        Egg Hangar (Sonic & Knuckles) (Returning) - Car only

Bonus level
        OutRun Bay (OutRun) (Bonus/Limited Edition Only) - Car/Boat
  • Not played 'Race of Ages' yet, sounds intriguing.

I plan on finishing the World Tour mode tonight.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yeah, I'm on Rogue cup at the moment. I want to play Skies of Arcadia again!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!