daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i hoped this would be shit!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Think Toejam and Earl will get my vote.

I only ever had that awful Menacer game of theirs, but there's something very golden-age Sega about them.

What's that younglings? What's a Menacer?

WITNESS....

sega-menacer.jpg
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    I only ever had that awful Menacer game of theirs

Was that the one where you were shooting out tomatoes?
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    JRPC wrote:

It was!

I remember some little wizard or something, which would kneel down and sing hallelujah if you pelted him enough.

I think it was shit though.
  • daviedigi wrote:

Love Film it, then buy it when it's a tenner.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • CAn you keep things as long as you want with love film?

How's it work?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    Love Film it, then buy it when it's a tenner.
    done.
    JRPC wrote:
    CAn you keep things as long as you want with love film? How's it work?

yeh, send them back when you feel like it, you still pay the monthly fee wether youv had 100 games or 1.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • JRPC wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    JRPC wrote:

It was!

I remember some little wizard or something, which would kneel down and sing hallelujah if you pelted him enough.

I think it was shit though.

I just finished Toejam & Earl on XBLA.... I'd never managed it on Mega Drive. The ability to save whenever, was a godsend!

360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    This (limited edition! Bonus!) tired up in the post after ordering it yesterday for cheep on Amazon. 

So far it is great in't it? Can't quite see the problem with the boats yet but early days I suppose. 
    It appears to be fekkin huge as a whole and have a great deal of depth for what it is. I spent far too long trying to nail a first place in the second race on normal after getting trashed in 10th with an optimistic first punt on hard. Ye gods it's hard to even place so christ knows what hard will be like. 
    It looks as if the weapon lottery is the reason that you get the coins for 3rd place? Getting 1st seems to do very little except go on your licence stats. 
    Did eventually get a 1st on the Monkey Ball track with a very handy bit of Super-ing on the last lap. 

Knuckles currently the only kart I've tried though the Metal Sonic should be worth a punt as it is the limited edition bonus special. Gotta mean it's at least 8.2% better than anything else yeah?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Yeah, I think the boat thing is being over played here.

karts>planes>boats is all.
  • They're a little unweildy, to say the least.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Seemed quite a decent change of lining the buggers up differently, working the waves, taking advantage of boost jumps and the weird flip things you can do with the right stick etc… Felt it was a nice mix up from the norm that I'd expect from a karting game but I've only really had one session on it, zero MP, no TT etc.
  • Yeah I liked Knuckles, he seemed to suit my racing style.

So far I have maxed out the levels with Knuckles, Sonic, Avatar and had a few races with Ralph and Samba.

I made the mistake of doing half the World Tour with Metal Sonic who comes fully maxed out standard. If you are looking at levelling everyone up it is worth not using him too much.
    karts>planes>boats is all.
    This.
    The boats are definitely the worst of a very good group. I am almost tempted to say I like the planes more than the carts, the only downside is the weapons don't work too well with them. Fireworks are nearly useless and firing things backwards makes you go up.
  • Oh yeah, you will all be cursing the boat when you get to the VS race on the Burning Rangers track against the super secret mystery driver.
  • Will try and be on from about 10 tonight if anyone's aboot?

Failing that I'll crack on with the campaign. Unlock some shit.
  • I might be on, depends if my Fifa buddy fancies another cricket score/diabolical defending session.
  • So I got this. It's ok so far. Boat and plane still feel a big rubbish, played three races so far in world your, got hard on two, After Burner track is pissing me off. It's a bit of a rubbish track. 

So what is the point to the stars on the track themselves? What's the point to the XP and levelling up apart from mods?

All-stars power up annoys me. I use it, then at the end it leaves me in a rubbish position. Is there a trick to when you exit all-stars?

And the hot rod leaves me slow at the end. What's the trick to that?

Unlock characters to use in time trial?? Fuck me, this has the same problems as MK. I don't want to play some shitty single player world tour and GP rubbish for ages just to be able to fully play time trial. What if the best character for a time trial on a track is an unlockable character you have to play 50 hours to unlock??? Bastards.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • All star can do that, just ry and aim to be in the middle of the track and pre-steer a bit.

Hot rod has to be 'exploded' before it explodes it's self. The gauge on the back indicates how long it has left, so just press the fire button again ideally when it hits the red zone, doing so will stop it slowing you and hit any racers close by.

The star coins are used in fruit machines to give you exploits for the next race e.g "start with full boost" or "Twister effect lasts less time". The fruit machines are before each race on other modes but found on the event select in world tour.

After Burner is an awesome track, I think you need to earn to use the planes tbh.
  • Dislike the planes at the moment. Doesn't feel like racing. 

None of the people on my FL seem to have this; or at least haven't set a time on the first track. 

Add me peopl. MM Hylian Elf. And set some times for me to beat. Otherwise I will have wasted my monies!!
  • Add me! My username's shorter.
  • Your FL is full.
  • Does it record track times in modes other than Time Trial?
  • Not sure. Isn't time trial the only pure racing mode? The rest have weapons etc so your track time would be non representative of your racing skills.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Your FL is full.

Try now!!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Not sure. Isn't time trial the only pure racing mode? The rest have weapons etc so your track time would be non representative of your racing skills.

Good point.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Did some light pruning and sent some FR. Add away or some n00b times to beat as long as career fills my score sheet.
  • Spoiler:
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Really? Awesome.

Can't wait to pick this up. Sounds like the perfect game for Christmas funtimes with family.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Dislike the planes at the moment. Doesn't feel like racing.  None of the people on my FL seem to have this; or at least haven't set a time on the first track.  Add me peopl. MM Hylian Elf. And set some times for me to beat. Otherwise I will have wasted my monies!!

Will check out your time tonight.

Only had a quick blast but I think I was just a fraction behind the expert ghost.

Twas with Sonic I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!