Suggestions for this place
  • Mod74 said:

Face, would replicating the " All Discussions -- My Bookmarks1 -- My Discussions3" toolbar/boxes onto the thread post pages achieve what you want?

Yeah, but that mightn't be as elegant as we want. It'd be nice to be able to set what is currently the Folder name at the top and bottom of threads to whatever filter we want. If I want it to always take me to My bookmarks, ok, or maybe it can be a drop down, or maybe it defaults to the folder of the thread you're in, but you can override with a drop down.

Anyhoo, must sleep.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Matt_82 said:

I have dismissed the Friday night XXXX thread as a sticky but the big 'Announcement' thing is still there.  Any chance that could be removed once a thread has been dismissed?

And can we have the name of the thread starter in the information as well please?

Ta.

Removing the tag once dismissed (if possible) is a good idea

It was a shock at first but I like not having the OP name on the thread, kinda removes any pre-suppositions and lets the thread be the most important thing. Likewise thread views, don't ever bring that back.
  • Mod74 said:

Sorry, added a bit after submitting

I liked having Bargains stickied on the old places, but now we have Bookmarks it's debatable whether we still need that.

The issue being that if it were to drop off the front page and a newbie came in with a bargain, they'd create a new thread....
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Mod74 said:

Matt_82 said:

I have dismissed the Friday night XXXX thread as a sticky but the big 'Announcement' thing is still there.  Any chance that could be removed once a thread has been dismissed?

And can we have the name of the thread starter in the information as well please?

Ta.

Removing the tag once dismissed (if possible) is a good idea

It was a shock at first but I like not having the OP name on the thread, kinda removes any pre-suppositions and lets the thread be the most important thing. Likewise thread views, don't ever bring that back.

The only real reason I want the thread starter is for duplicate threads.  We've already had Reg doing a second 'Baldrick's Tavern' thread.  When I know the thread starter, I know which one I want to click on.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Something else I've just remembered, we need an option to remove highlighting colours. At the moment, if you copy/paste text from another post, it takes the background colour with it. Once it's there, you can only change it to another colour, not remove it. There's a workaround if you quote the text and copy/paste from there, but then it automatically puts everything in italics so there's more faff.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    @Yossarian

Remove Formatting button is (probably) your friend

Or the Paste as Text button.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sasukekun said:

Mod74 said:

Sorry, added a bit after submitting

I liked having Bargains stickied on the old places, but now we have Bookmarks it's debatable whether we still need that.

The issue being that if it were to drop off the front page and a newbie came in with a bargain, they'd create a new thread....

No they wouldn't.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't normally want to remove all formatting, just the background colour. This is all for the Forumite Directory where I'm trying to use colour-coding and bold to make parsing the text easier. Removing all formatting means I have to re-add the colours etc. Anything I can do to save unnecessary pissing around with formatting would be useful.

Come to think of it, if there's a way to set things so that copy/pasting picks up everything except the background colour, that'd do the job.

While I'm here, the error box that pops up occasionally is a bit of a mess too.

Gah. Giving up on this image for now.

Just realised, I don't seem to have a preview button here either. Is that only for OPs?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    As I understand it Remove Formatting only applies to whatever text you've got selected. I might not be following what you're trying to do here.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is it possible to get rid of the text telling you that pictures have been resized? It's quite fugly.
  • Agreed - doesn't really need the yellow text box top or the smaller text underneath. Not really essential that people know it's resized - if they hovered over a pic and the cursor changed then it should be obvious enough that there's a larger-sized pic that could be viewed.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Essentially, I want to set up the formatting so that people can add in their details and I can just copy/paste directly into the OP. It'd save me a lot of time and clicking. At the moment, I'm having to type some of these out again because I can't get rid of the background colour. And I'm a bit anal.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why not just let people put their details in their sigs? I'd say most of us are on each other's lists of whatever anyway.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Part of the reason for doing it is to help me keep track of who's changed their name to what over the years. I also want something easily searchable.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sounds a bit CIA.
  • I feel like somewhere down the track we should be challenging other small Internet communities to friendly matches in Videogame X, not unlike a pub footie league, though minus all the league bullfuck.
  • Any update on the change to make clicked links open in new tabs/windows?

I know I can do it by clicking the mousewheel, but I am forgetful and will keep doing it wrong. Damn alzheimers.

• Just stop doing it wrong, idiot. 
  • Unlikely said:

Just stop doing it wrong, idiot. 

Eloquent as usual.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    ftr,,

CTRL+Click will achieve the same thing, as would Right Click>>Open in new whatever
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    It's on the list, but not currently a high priority. Also, I don't yet know how to change it.
    The janitor.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 said:

ftr,,

CTRL+Click will achieve the same thing, as would Right Click>>Open in new whatever

Command+click on a Mac.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Super work so far dude! 
  • Brooks said:

I feel like somewhere down the track we should be challenging other small Internet communities to friendly matches in Videogame X, not unlike a pub footie league, though minus all the league bullfuck.

What, like Next-gen.biz/forum?
  • Speedhaak said:

Super work so far dude! 

And a 'fuck yeah' to this.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Fassbender!
  • Ok, still getting the 'do you wanna disable script cos your PC might get unresponsive?' msgs when I enter topics.  Followed what Speedhaak said, installed Java and checked for Msoft C++ updates.  Still running IE8 with minimal add-ons - no problems with other sites.

What should I do next? (sensible suggestions only please)

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Semi-sensible: use a different browser. Or upgrade your version of IE. Or install Chrome Frame. I realise that, especially for work computers, this may not be feasible - I'll let you know when I have it figured out.
    The janitor.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message

Update your Browser, make sure the website has been added to list of allowed sites if you have any Spyware trackers [such as Spydoctor] installed - and/or your anti-virus for that matter. Go to options in Internet Explorer > Advanced> and check 'Disable script debugging' options if not already checked along with 'Automatically recover from page layout errors'. 

Still sounds to me like a JavaScript error. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!