Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    One hopes the Sanders' flux was from an approved source and not just backroom piss.
  • It helps to be pissed oneself. And I certainly was.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Decorum - it's not Little Chef.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A nice, clean pair of Adidas poppers. For special occasions.
  • Kappa thx.
  • Webbins wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    Graffiti picture book?

Yeah, a graffiti picture book. The name escapes me as it's back home, but it's a pictoral history of New York graffiti, very coffee table. The missus always likes to get me something street art related as I used to study the subculture at uni, plus I'm also Fab 5 Freddy.

Lol@f5f

Let me know which book. Also what course where you doing in order to study street art? Who do you like?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Graffiti New York by Eric Felisbret, I've a couple by Henry Chalfont kicking around elsewhere. I did a graphics degree in Hull but was quite taken by the project walls and community playcourts dotted around so I studied it for my dissertation, history, culture, aesthetics, etc. Used to zoom around some of the less than exclusive areas of Hull on my Diamond Back with my at the time quite expensive Pentax taking snaps double quick. Wild Style in the VCR, the OST in the tray, good times.

As for favourite artists there's none in particular, just a general appreciation. Did enjoy the Robbo vs Banksy Graffiti Wars doc a while back.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Exit Through the Coffee Shop? Did that cover Robbo? 

Reminded me of how Dogtown /Z boys docu covered the surf/skate evolution.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Graffiti Wars. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Exit.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Ah! I just thought you meant that incident, referring to it as graffiti wars! I'll have to seek it out.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Amongst other things....

Lack of Love on Dreamcast

Rockband 3 with keyboard (360)

Sonic Racing Transformed

Borderlands 2

Jet Set Radio OST CD

Beat t-shirt

Star Wars Trilogy OST CD

Magical Mystery Tour blu-ray

Modern Family season 3 DVD
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Amongst other things.... Lack of Love on Dreamcast Rockband 3 with keyboard (360) Sonic Racing Transformed Borderlands 2 Jet Set Radio OST CD Beat t-shirt Star Wars Trilogy OST CD Magical Mystery Tour blu-ray Modern Family season 3 DVD

How the fuck did you manage such a haul at your age?

Are you twelve?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • How much did LoL set back? Is it actually rare and collectible?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah yikes Mark, that's a huge haul!
  • I'm slightly (ahem) older than twelve.

LoL was £40, not sure if it's particularily rare or collectable, but that was pretty reasonable, going by eBay prices.

Kels is very generous.
  • My wonderful girlfriend was good enough to buy me these:

4Nmrw.jpg

She bought them not entirely sure if I was serious when I mentioned a few months back that I loved them.

I also got an IOU from my mum to contribute when I decide to upgrade my camera.  My sister bought me Lego.

I'm not 12 either.

It was a really good day.  Had all the family round at Christmas for the first time in years.  No big fall outs but plenty of tears.  My gran has dementia and lives in a home.  We'd brought her round for dinner and she started crying when she saw us all together.  So then we all started crying.  Soppy as all hell but a really great night.  Best Christmas I've had since I was a kid that's for sure.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That sounds like a great day matt. I'm hoping I can get me and the other two sibs together next crimbo for the first time in fifteen years. Not quite yours, but my sister proper tears up when we meet / part. 

Also Opti, I just don't know how you get through half the stuff you buy. Or even have the chance to have a quick go of it all! Truly am always amazed by your Twitter feed!
  • I'm not going to lie. I shake every present and if it sounds slightly like Lego i get excited. Lego is the best present, it can be a duplicate, you can be 4 or 40, the most miserable bastard ever would still love a Lego set.
  • I spent most of this morning building LEGO Friends sets for/with Imogen :-)
  • Sounds an amazing Xmas, Matt.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You know, it's what I've missed most is not having the sibs kids about. Playing with their LEGO.
  • I have a mate that designs duplo sets and a mate who does the graphics that that get printed on Lego men. So nuuuuuuuuur

;)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hah. 

Mate of mine started a new job ages ago. First day he went in they started building the LEGO millennium Falcon. They were working out the user experience / slating the the designer. 

So, Erm nuuuuuuuur.
  • @matt. Are you hoping to get the rest of the Stormtrooper oufit for your birthday?
  • I bought myself lots of designer clothes. Well, not exactly lots, but at least £300 worth.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ruddy 'eck. I spent £30 on two pairs of jeans in the ASOS sale and that was PUSHING MY BANKING LIMITS.

Anyway, I got cool stuff for christmas:

A good jumper with a nice simple pattern on exactly how I asked for (and picked off of the internet for myself via my grandparents).
    A thing for putting coffee inside of which keeps it warmer for longer but isn't a flask and has guitars on .
    Chocolates from Belgium and Thornton.
    A bottle of wine for a gnome/dwarf/midget/pixie (delete as applicable).
    And a bunch o'films on DVD which are divided into SEEN and NOT SEEN as follows:
    Seen: Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Dr. Strangelove, Psycho, Rear Window.
    Not Seen: Sexy Beast, Mean Streets, Apocolypse Now, Sling Blade, Ben Hur, The Conversation, The Godfather Trilogy, Vertigo, The Birds.
    Also I got a book of Raymond Chandler Stories but mainly it is the story of THE BIG SLEEP as it says on the front that title and also 'other stories'.

Girlfriend got me A book of how to play the Ukulele better that is for dummies and it has a free disk in the cover.
    A song on Vinly by Atoms for Peace which has the name of 'Default'.
    Lovely moleskine notebook thing that has all of the Shining style motifs printed around of its covers.
    Calendar with Hitchcock being on all of the months like a calendar man thing.
    A book about all of the things Stanely Kubrik had done before he died but mainly the things he did with cameras .
    And finally all of the episodes of the X-Files on discs inside of a box so that you can have them all in one place easy to watch for a night.

Good stuff I hope you are all super happy xox
  • The Conversation's got a great sample in it, must remember to pick that up.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Webbins wrote:
    Graffiti New York by Eric Felisbret, I've a couple by Henry Chalfont kicking around elsewhere. I did a graphics degree in Hull but was quite taken by the project walls and community playcourts dotted around so I studied it for my dissertation, history, culture, aesthetics, etc. Used to zoom around some of the less than exclusive areas of Hull on my Diamond Back with my at the time quite expensive Pentax taking snaps double quick. Wild Style in the VCR, the OST in the tray, good times.

As for favourite artists there's none in particular, just a general appreciation. Did enjoy the Robbo vs Banksy Graffiti Wars doc a while back.

I don't suppose you still have all of those flicks? Is like to see them. I've painted Hull a few times as my sis was at uni there.

Is your knowledge of street art mainly NY based? Or people like Obey, shep fairey, Roa etc?

I bought a new Martha cooper book the other day on stickers for £4.50. Decent enough.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • @tempy
    You better get watching sexy beast, Ben Kingsly is just brilliant in it.

I might watch that today.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Graffiti New York by Eric Felisbret, I've a couple by Henry Chalfont kicking around elsewhere. I did a graphics degree in Hull but was quite taken by the project walls and community playcourts dotted around so I studied it for my dissertation, history, culture, aesthetics, etc. Used to zoom around some of the less than exclusive areas of Hull on my Diamond Back with my at the time quite expensive Pentax taking snaps double quick. Wild Style in the VCR, the OST in the tray, good times.

I don't suppose you still have all of those flicks? Is like to see them. I've painted Hull a few times as my sis was at uni there.

Is your knowledge of street art mainly NY based? Or people like Obey, shep fairey, Roa etc?

I bought a new Martha cooper book the other day on stickers for £4.50. Decent enough.

I was at uni in Hull between 97-00 if you happened to be around then. I'll see if I can dig out the pics from the loft when the Christmas decs go back up. My dissertation focussed mainly on NY but broadened out to Paris, Berlin Wall, so my knowledge is not incredibly in depth to pick out too many names beyond ones that stood out like Futura and Skeme. One of the books I picked up about that time had pre-fame Goldie and 3D in which was pretty cool. I was actually quite pleased with the essay I put together, got a 2.1 for it, shame my graphics mark wasn't as lofty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!